Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Has slow levelling, maybe 20 levels or so that takes 3 months at least to reach max
    - Will never happen sadly. 3 months for your average Joe means 3 days for the hardcore folk which leads to a colossal gap right off the bat. The shorter the levelling process, the smaller the gap.

2.) Large open zones so that travel on ground mounts does not feel like gauntlet runs. Open like Tanaris, Westfall, Barrens and Winterspring
    - Agreed. And for people who are saying WoD was like this, erm... no. SMV, perhaps. I was devastated at how tiny the world in Legion was. 4 levelling zones!???! Man, I have never felt so disinclined to level alts. WotLK got this right. Lots of zones, choices in which to do. Sure, we can choose which order to do them now, but with 4... yeah, that's not a choice.

3.) Guild or class halls like the order halls we have now, but no mission table
    - Don't really see the point in this at all. I'd personally rather we don't have order halls, or at least not with us as the leader. I can't really get immersed in a hall where every single player character is the leader.

4.) Dungeons and raids as we have now with some villains, but not necessarily the great evil that wants to destroy the world. More like Van Cleef, etc.
    - Agreed, to an extent. But it's not as if every single villain in Legion dungeons etc want to destroy the world either. Pretty sure Odin doesn't, or Helya really, Xavius probably does. Not really an issue though.

5.) Flying when you reach max level without having to grind reputation. The rep grind it just there to keep us subscribed, but the same effect can be achieved with the slower levelling
    - Completely agreed. If they want certain areas of the world to be kept grounded for gameplay reasons, go ahead, but there is NO reason whatsoever that we shouldn't be able to fly in leveling areas when the tech's already in the game. I really resent being thoroughly sick of areas before we can take to the skies.

6.) World quests as we have today
    - Yeah, I don't do them very often myself, but they're better than daily hubs I reckon.

7.) World bosses as we have today
    - Yeah, they're fine, no skill, free gear, but meh, why not.

8.) Content that don't force people into activities they don't enjoy like raids and pvp
    There's already quite a bit of content that doesn't force you into these. Any ideas on what else they can do?

9.) Professions where quality gear can be crafted, but will take effort to do, like having to gather tons of mats (like it was in Vanilla and TBC with the enchanted bars and leather, etc.)
    Completely agreed. Professions are still an absolute shambles. To be honest I'm not 100% sure why they still exist, and that's really sad.
    Take TBC for example. As a Shadow Priest, the Frozen Shadoweave set took quite a bit of grinding in Skettis/Throne of Elements etc to craft, and the Spellfire set took quite a bit of grinding in Netherstorm etc, but once completed, it was a MASSIVE power spike, and despite the lack of stats other than spellpower, was actually BiS well into T5, the second tier of the expansion. That's what I call "useful crafting".

10.) Grinding levels as an alternative to quests, for those that enjoy it
    Yeah, a minor point, but I agree. I actually used to enjoy taking a break from questing and just grinding a few levels to relax. In TBC for example, if I got sick of Hellfire for the 3rd time, I'd just grind the Path of Glory, or if I didn't feel like questing in Terokkar or Nagrand at the time, I'd just grind exalted with the Mag'har on the ogres while levelling. Felt good.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2017-06-19 at 11:49 PM.

I would love slower leveling. I'd be all for making the content about the journey to level cap. The problem is with alts, but that can easily be remedied by something like "Gain 1000% more experience if your level is greater than or equal to X, if you have a character at max level."

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I would love slower leveling. I'd be all for making the content about the journey to level cap. The problem is with alts, but that can easily be remedied by something like "Gain 1000% more experience if your level is greater than or equal to X, if you have a character at max level."

This expansion already has slower leveling in the form of Artifact Power. If you think about it, it is just an extended form of leveling (and it is definitely slower). You get ability trees that are awful similar to old school leveling talent trees, and you generally get "experience" for doing the kind of stuff that you used to for leveling.

The AP system has had kind of mixed-reviews (at best), so I am doubtful that full-on slower leveling would ever go over very well.

Pre-BC was a relaxed WoW.
    Crapdaria took it to the extremes.

As long as it's not about a cliche race of useless and hypocritical alcoholics and fighting my own emotions or some gay shit like that I'm all down for going back to pre-BC exploration and mystery WoW.

Here people have been complaining about lack of content, content droughts since basically Trial, so finally Blizz has gotten off their ass and has a pretty decent release schedule for content within just this expansion, and you want them to slow down.

No thx jeff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Here people have been complaining about lack of content, content droughts since basically Trial, so finally Blizz has gotten off their ass and has a pretty decent release schedule for content within just this expansion, and you want them to slow down.

No thx jeff.
    Pretty sure you've missed the entire point of the thread. Nothing whatsoever to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Pretty sure you've missed the entire point of the thread. Nothing whatsoever to do with anything.
    No I get what he is asking for. Pretty much the assumption that a long grind = relaxed when it actually means ridiculous time to do less or equal content, which at the end of the day means less content.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I am tired of the gogogo nature of WoW lately.

I would love to see an expansion down the line that:

1.) Has slow levelling, maybe 20 levels or so that takes 3 months at least to reach max
    We saw this with Vanilla and TBC. The 2 big big issues here. Much like in Vanilla 1-59 means absolutely nothing once you hit 60. So 110-129 would mean nothing until you hit 130. So effectively you are still racing to max level, except now the race is really long and frustrating. Which brings up content.... Do we accept that your huge grind is going to remove massive content from end game because it will require so much extra effort to reach max level and require more pointless leveling content to keep players interested. Unless you want to go to southshore and kill crabs for 5 levels?
    2.) Large open zones so that travel on ground mounts does not feel like gauntlet runs. Open like Tanaris, Westfall, Barrens and Winterspring
    Barrens was hell on Azeroth. A huge, boring zone, people were so bored they spent most of their time talking about inane BS, so much so you can buy Tshirts that say you survived Barrens chat. WoD had huge open zones too, look how loved the leveling experience was in that game.

I don't think this could work, but I wouldn't hate them trying. I also don't entirely mind the mission table. Although I don't know what you mean by class halls, we have class halls now. Honestly I think a more permanent "Race" hall would be better. More so than your class, most people play very specific races for actual reasons. Guild halls are likely never going to happen, it excludes people who aren't or don't want to be in a guild.

4.) Dungeons and raids as we have now with some villains, but not necessarily the great evil that wants to destroy the world. More like Van Cleef, etc.
    I'd love to see us going back to being adventurers, it's not going to happen. We are going to be warchief in the next expansion.

5.) Flying when you reach max level without having to grind reputation. The rep grind it just there to keep us subscribed, but the same effect can be achieved with the slower levelling
    The way flying works now isn't so bad... It would be better with no flying in current expansion. This way people could stop complaining about flying altogether.
    They do this incredibly well now, so I agree.
    8.) Content that don't force people into activities they don't enjoy like raids and pvp
    9.) Professions where quality gear can be crafted, but will take effort to do, like having to gather tons of mats (like it was in Vanilla and TBC with the enchanted bars and leather, etc.)
    We already have this... because it's time gated which pisses a lot of people off.

On the other hand, maybe the game is just fine as it is and I am tired and need to take a wee break
    Have you ever actually ground out levels. It sucks.

So basically 1 is asking for less content, whether you realize it or not. Slowing down leveling takes away content from end game, where the majority of the game is played and actually matters to character progression. So basically they can, add more content that would be in end game to a portion of the game that doesn't matter to 99% of the wow population. Or they can slow down the same amount of content they would normally have for leveling, and require you to grind. Which would turn the ridiculously long leveling into the biggest rat race, effectively creating a very slow painful race. But still a race.

You are also slowing down content because what they do have at end game is going to take players longer to reach, longer to beat, thus creating bigger content gaps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm pretty relaxed. You simply need to let go of the idea that you either 1) need to keep up or 2) do everything.
    I am not keeping up at all and I am fine with that. But the presence of the legion in each and every zone and mobs around every corner, bring a sense of urgency that I cannot get away from. There is nothing in legion that I can be relaxed about, except for pet battles and I don't really enjoy them.

I would be very interested to know what you do in the game (except for pet battles and missions ) that slows the game down for you and keep you relaxed

completely agree with OP, sadly wows community has changed for the worst over the years. If it were up to the players wed be back at WOD. Id love some vanilla style leveling and then raid with the first major patch... what is the rush its all going to be played eventually. Blizz would be able to pump out content at a better pace and everything wed do in the game would be more meaningful.
    Last edited by Coffeexbean; 2017-06-20 at 05:04 AM.

I am tired of the gogogo nature of WoW lately.

I would love to see an expansion down the line that:

On the other hand, maybe the game is just fine as it is and I am tired and need to take a wee break
    You've just described old-style xpacks, like WotLK. Of course we want such xpacks and have been asking for them for ages.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

On the fence here. 20 lvls - yes. 3-mo to do it - not so much. I would love to have slower paced leveling. Under conditions:
    - its actual leveling via quests and story, not mindless "go there and kill X mobs" that serve no purpose except making it longer
    - does not include artificial time gating

But on the other hand I have all 12 classes. 3-mo to max times 12 classes = 36 months = 3 years. Of constant playing, without breaks. That's minimum 3 years. By the time I get 2/3 of my alts to max (not to mention any gearing up) there would be brand new expansion out there. 20 new levels - yes, but my altoholism moans at your time proposal.

Agreed. Not likely to happen but agreed. Knowing how Blizzard makes zones like mazes just to force them to "be" larger" it won't happen but I would like to have some space. Something near perfection was Tattooine in SWTOR (or at least the last part, Dune Sea).

Class housing in WoW? Because it's what it'll be without missions. Not that I like missions.

No opinion here. I stopped doing above around Pandaria. In Legion I do only those required for campaigns.

Agreed. WoD idea of achievement was good one (imo), minus rep. Exploration, questing, rares and chests are ok. After that it would feel like an achievement. Anything above that is mindless and pointless grind that makes you feel a relief upon finish the horror is over.

Yes.

Yes.

But Blizzard knows better what you enjoy. And how you should play. And what. And when... For me I would very like to have all dungeon and raid content (without gear drops) to be scenario accessible. Some kind of challenge, you get a follower of your choosing (dps, tank or healer) and literally solo the story. Upon completion you get some blue quality piece and a pat on your back. This way raiders will have their raids and phat lootz while all the rest would experience the content without zerg rushes or schedules. That scenarios would open a week or two after LFR opens.

I can't remember when I stopped caring about professions. Probably then when I realized that crafted gear requires certain lvl but after reaching that lvl this crafted gear is irrelevant since I'm wearing way better stuff from questing. Really good design - give good gear but only when you have better and don't need that.

Professions are mostly broken. So what it gives you an edge in questing? I put effort into materials and training, I should reap reward from that with good gear. Which I will exchange in a level or two so a really long lasting advantage indeed. Later, at max give me gear that would make me somewhat competitive in dungeons. Like entry level gear. Want dungeon? Get crafted gear.

Available already. And totally pointless. Instead I'd like to have class quest expanded - SWTOR style again. Lets have zone story and class story in the overall expansion story. In SWTOR it was great and we have something right now with class and hall campaigns. More and much deeper, please.

Wouldn't hurt. I had this wile Pandaria and WoD. Rushed at start and then felt burned out. With Legion I play much slower and still enjoying it. Making slow progress, changing alts and working towards 3rd relic / class mount. This time it's not the destination but the journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like is sorta a mix of MoP and Legion.

1.) World quests.
    2.) Faction rewards like in Legion.
    3.) Quest chains when you reach certain reputation levels like in MoP.
    4.) World bosses like now.
    5.) Leveling like in MoP, took a while longer than in Legion.
    6.) Treasures like now, maybe not quite as many.
    7.) Dungeons with villains like vanilla, wrath, mop.
    8.) Warforged/Titanforged reduced. Warforged gives +10 ilvls, Titanforged gives +15.

Cant come up with more right now.

For the first point, you also need to cap XP at maybe 25% of a level per 24 hour people to slow down the speeders.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i want this...

Deleted
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Activision Blizzard has had a ''let's see if we can f*ck up worse than the last expansion'' mentality for nearly a decade. They don't strive to preserve the essence of WoW, as a true MMO, instead they employ radical ideas which aren't particularly applicable.

I can guarantee you that they're messing around with some abnormally stupid new additions that will set the benchmark for the next expansion as we speak.

1) Mount tuning
    2) Armor which gains levels much like Artifact weapons
    3) Mythic questing(you complete a quest and it becomes available again but this time at higher difficulty)
    4) New raid finder difficulty ''Advanced casual'' , which is the tier after the regular Raid Finder.
    5) Underwater garrisons ''don't worry guys this is only an optional feature, but you absolutely need to use it''
    6) A couple of super dead, very dead and clearly confirmed dead by the game's lore characters will return again because they're the key to Azeroth's survival.

Point fingers at me and laugh for now, then wait until they announce some new groundbreaking features for the new expansion.

I would enjoy another MoP expansion that builds up the Azshara/Void/Old God theme.

Who's enforcing this "gogogo"-nature onto you? Nobody, that's who.

And fuck leveling content taking 3 months, for that they'd need to either dedicate the entire expansion just to the leveling, or give us shitty tuning, bad flow and bad planning like Classic's leveling content.

I'd prefer that future expansions hold the quality and quantity of content that Legion offers, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Or better yet give us a 'cosmetic expansion' that adds tons more options to character creation and updates old art, such as the N64 trees in zones like Ungoro.
    I try to avoid Un'Goro, because everytime I go there, I can't help but think those trees desperatly need an update. I'd be very happy if the new extension brought some new cosmetics too, and focused on updating the look of the old zones to make it up to date again. As for the theme, I think we deserve an in-between "relaxed" expansion before the next "big villain", yet I can't help but hope we'll see Azshara quite soon soooo... I don't know I'm a bit lost haha!

Deleted
    A more relaxed expansion, perhaps with a technological focus would be a great way to introduce the Tinker class.