Deleted

Tomb of sargeras as a Warrior: Play Both specs!?

For the first time this expansion multiple things are happening for our class and players as a whole making playing multiple specs somewhat a good idea

1: Both specs are going in quite strong without any spec having a huge lead in single target or Aoe
    2: having both specs with concordance is relativly easy if you have ak40
    3: both specs share similare stat weight and share quite a lot of bis gear. Only issue here will be fury needing to go with the tier hands while arms don't.

So going in tomb switching specs seems like a good idea if some boss design favors one spec while some the other.

Here is my plan going in, without any prior testing, so feel free to disagree and share toughts.

Goroth: Arms
    Demonic inquisition: Arms
    Harjatan: Fury
    Sisters of the moon: Arms
    Mistrss Sassz'in: Fury
    Desolate Host: Fury
    Maiden of vigilance: Arms
    Fallen Avatar: Arms
    Kill'jaeden: Arms
    Last edited by mmocb61e0bb66c; 2017-06-19 at 06:52 PM.

Problem is relics and trinkets, and the gear isnt -exactly- the same.

I mean, as a Fury you have to go as much Haste as possible as usual we use the 30% template, as Arms, a balance seems to be a better workaround at the moment compared to focusing a stat.

Then again, if you are talking a few months and slow progression then sure, or if you dont care about the "best warcraft log!!" then yes, both specs is 100% doable.

And then come the "having the legendaries", but if you are one of those focusing in WoW 100%, you probably will have the new ones too in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizock View Post
    For the first time this expansion multiple things are happening for our class and players as a whole making playing multiple specs somewhat a good idea

1: Both specs are going in quite strong without any spec having a huge lead in single target or Aoe
    2: having both specs with concordance is relativly easy if you have ak40
    3: both specs share similare stat weight and share quite a lot of bis gear. Only issue here will be fury needing to go with the tier hands while arms don't.

So going in tomb switching specs seems like a good idea if some boss design favors one spec while some the other.

Here is my plan going in, without any prior testing, so feel free to disagree and share toughts.

Goroth: Arms
    Demonic inquisition: Arms
    Harjatan: Fury
    Sisters of the moon: Arms
    Mistrss Sassz'in: Fury
    Desolate Host: Fury
    Maiden of vigilance: Arms
    Fallen Avatar: Arms
    Kill'jaeden: Arms
    The single target fights are up in the air, with balance being close enough (investment being equal), that it should really come down to the execute phase.

That said, I believe that Harjatan and Mistress favor Fury, due to better timing of their MT, while Host and possibly Inquisition may favor Arms, depending on how adds are handled.

Regardless, you'll also need the proper legendaries for each, AP investment in each, and keep both at a competitive ilvl, which is no small feat.

TFW you have all the dps legendaries (besides the new ones) lol

I am curious how fight like NH Botanist might feel for arms.

Sweeping strikes and executing three bosses sounds tempting

I mean, if you really want to grind the best statted gear, trinkets, AP, and legendaries for both specs, you're welcome to try. To me it seems you'll get as good if not better results (and many fewer headaches) by just sticking to one spec, since they seem to be close enough for most intents and purposes.

And also, let this be the daily reminder that sims do not always translate into actual in-game performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, if you really want to grind the best statted gear, trinkets, AP, and legendaries for both specs, you're welcome to try. To me it seems you'll get as good if not better results (and many fewer headaches) by just sticking to one spec, since they seem to be close enough for most intents and purposes.

And also, let this be the daily reminder that sims do not always translate into actual in-game performance.
    No, as I stated above, they don't - largely due to the increased amount of variables in actual encounters/strategies. That said, they do give a very good, and historically a fairly accurate, indication of performance and allow you to draw conclusions as to where the differences between specs will form. All of which thus far show that the Arms and Fury are similar, largely coming down to the prevalence of cleave, AoE, and length of Execute.

There's also something to be said for the fact that Arms is incredibly easy to play now (not that Fury is hard per se, but it's certainly more involved than Arms is), which means it's going to be that much easier to be successful and harder to mess up in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There's also something to be said for the fact that Arms is incredibly easy to play now (not that Fury is hard per se, but it's certainly more involved than Arms is), which means it's going to be that much easier to be successful and harder to mess up in the first place.
    I strongly agree, there is absolutly no skill gap to show who is good and who is the best with the fob/trauma build.
    I'd like to add that this might be the worst spec i've ever played in this game and can't really imagine anything worse gameplay wise.

Rip Focused rage, you were never the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizock View Post
    I strongly agree, there is absolutly no skill gap to show who is good and who is the best with the fob/trauma build.
    I'd like to add that this might be the worst spec i've ever played in this game and can't really imagine anything worse gameplay wise.

Rip Focused rage, you were never the problem.
    Focused Rage absolutely was a problem, and you clearly never played Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Focused Rage absolutely was a problem, and you clearly never played Warlords.
    Ah sweet sweet Taste for Blood with t18.

If both specs are roughly the same, why would you EVER play Arms? It's the worst gameplay style I've ever seen in any game ever. It's total trash and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves, but I suppose they've grown used to that feeling by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    If both specs are roughly the same, why would you EVER play Arms? It's the worst gameplay style I've ever seen in any game ever. It's total trash and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves, but I suppose they've grown used to that feeling by now.
    FR is no longer the only option. Arms plays amazingly now.

Clearly you people never played WoD... That was a pinnacle of terrible arms design (except FR)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    FR is no longer the only option. Arms plays amazingly now.

Clearly you people never played WoD... That was a pinnacle of terrible arms design (except FR)
    I actually prefered the FR play style to this boring WW style. More resource management was required. Arms is still a slot machine. FR + Deadly Calm at least let you feel like you could game the slot machine every 40 seconds or so.

Deleted
    Call it boring or not, but in a very demanding boss fight, mechanics wise, i'd rather play the boring spec and do good dps regardless. Better not to fuck up mechanics that can wipe you and get the boss kill than otherwise.

Sometimes the most engaging spec is not the best spec for a specifc fight and its good to have options. Atm we got 3 playstyle's as warriors to choose for an encounter. Play fury or arms fob/trauma and rend which all are more or less similar in single target at least. Some other classes don't even have more than one choice.

The problem wasnt FR itself. Whether you like that mechanic or not. The problem was FR build was so ridiculously ahead of any other that there were no options.

I think rend build requires some good GCD management and timing but it's only really 'involved' if you have overpower with that build and dauntless is the better option right now. Sad to see FR playstyle go, definitely think it had a skillcap that involved a lot of rage management and using as many FR throughout the fight as possible while still prioritizing slam over FR especially in cases where you had the empty gcds where you could fish for procs.

We have the luxury right now, unlike alot of classes, of having 2 very viable DPS specs (within <3% of each other I believe). Basically unless you are raiding at the highest end, you should just play whatever you like the most/are best at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Call it boring or not, but in a very demanding boss fight, mechanics wise, i'd rather play the boring spec and do good dps regardless. Better not to fuck up mechanics that can wipe you and get the boss kill than otherwise.

Sometimes the most engaging spec is not the best spec for a specifc fight and its good to have options. Atm we got 3 playstyle's as warriors to choose for an encounter. Play fury or arms fob/trauma and rend which all are more or less similar in single target at least. Some other classes don't even have more than one choice.
    Id rather have both. Thats like saying id rather play an easy instrument for a difficult song. Its more enjoyable for me if both require skill. Most boss mechanics are relegated to movement anyway, WoW difficulty doesnt get that complex. The classes dont have enough depth for it.

Deleted
    Sure in a perfect world you want both-everything, thats not the case though. When was arms complicated or had much depth? And don't say FR did cause as long as you had gloves you could pretty much spam FR all day long, thats 0 depth engagement and i rather avoid carpal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Sure in a perfect world you want both-everything, thats not the case though. When was arms complicated or had much depth? And don't say FR did cause as long as you had gloves you could pretty much spam FR all day long, thats 0 depth engagement and i rather avoid carpal.
    Bind FR to mouse. And it doesnt need crazy depth, it just needs to not be mindless. I like to be able to recognize mistakes that i make while playing rather than dig through a combat log.