Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation 800$ for a Collectors edition these days

In fact, if you pre-order the extra-exclusive Dawn of the Creed Legendary Collector’s Edition – which is limited to just 999 units, and retails for $799.99 exclusively through the Ubisoft Store – the following collectibles will ship out to you now, months ahead of the game’s release:

A highly detailed, 28.7-inch (73cm) resin statue of Bayek and his eagle, Senu, by Ubicollectibles.
    A certificate of authenticity, numbered from 1 to 999.
    An exclusive resin replica of Bayek’s eagle-skull amulet.
    The Assassin’s Creed Origins Steelbook case, available only in the Dawn of the Creed and Dawn of the Creed Legendary Collector’s Editions.
    Four large lithographs signed by the Ubisoft Montreal studio artists.

When the game launches, you’ll receive the Gold Edition of Assassin’s Creed Origins, which includes the base game, the Digital Deluxe Pack, and the Season Pass for access to unique equipment sets and all future expansions. You’ll also get an art book, the official soundtrack, a print of the game’s hand-drawn world map, and two original art cards.
    I can see more devs going this route. Taking advantage of the 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

You don't have to be in the "1%" to buy something like this. If you really liked Assassin's Creed, you would get it, even if you worked a 9-5 job.

The thing is, when these are sold out, you could probably sell it like 2000 in a year.

Deleted
    That's a lot of money for a graphical downgrade down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ubisoft has to milk it as much as they can.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I can see Ubisoft sitting on 997 of these units...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As someone who buys lots of collectors edition that is a pretty pitiful one. Wouldn't pay more than £100 for it.

That said most AC collectors editions are garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You don't have to be in the "1%" to buy something like this. If you really liked Assassin's Creed, you would get it, even if you worked a 9-5 job.
    Spending 800$ on a collectors edition is a good idea for someone making 40K a year?

Any collectible that has more than 300 units in circulation is not really that rare nor valuable. People will still pay a market driven price for the item, but that value is highly subjective and changeable. If ebay has taught us anything it is that anything you want is probably out there somewhere and not even that costly given that all of the available ones can be found in one place or just a few places counting ebay's competition. The real problem is that given that the true value of anything is probably not as high as expected, maybe the current owner just holds onto it or people don't see a point in listing it at the perceived market price.

It's like they couldn't decide what type of extra to include, so they just said "fuck it, let's put them all in."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I gathered from a video about this, you could get a couple of these things in reality (Owl included) and go to that actual place - and STILL have a bit of leftover money.

Spending 800$ on a collectors edition is a good idea for someone making 40K a year?
    Pretty sure most people spend ALOT more cash on hobbies than that, even if they earn 40K.

As someone who buys figurines of many diffrent franchises and other gaming related plastic trash.

I dont see a problem with them charging an absurdly large amount for a COLLECTORS Edition(if it's in high quality), i mean any other collector pay absurd prices for some items which are made in large quanteties.

It all depends if the ingame content, figures and like the art and map are of good quality, as in the map being an acual cloth map and the extra content are worth Another game.

If Blizzard did this with one of their games I'd probably buy. Assassin's Creed? Lul no.

Not the first one and also this was a thing as well....
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ectors-edition

Not that's a CE for the 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

Save up $66 a month for a year and u can buy it....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

relatively cheap imo

figures like those usually go between $100 to $500 ... and thats without the "exclusive tag along"...

the problem is people on that side of the pond dont want to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    figures like those usually go between $100 to $500 ... and thats without the "exclusive tag along"...
    Depending the quality and marker not really.

If its the same quality as the other AC statues then its worth around $50-$80. The Horizon Zero Dawn statue looks to be better quality, but I do have to see a full unboxing before judging.

This bundle is only that price because they are only making like 200 of them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

uh. UH. sideshow collectibles figurines of that size are generally about $400 (ok some of them are priced closer to $600, but we are talking about particularly detailed ones there) - and they are pretty much as high quality at high price as you get AND are typicaly limited editions (from image, this figurine doesn't look to be as high of a quality to me, but i could be wrong - still). a typical art book usually goes for $40 - for a full size book and that one looks to be a typical ubisoft pocket size that lets be honest, at absolute best is worth $15, map prints of that size are $20, art prints $10, necklace... $60 maybe? I'm being super generous here, it looks more like a $30 pendant to me. gold editions of the games usually are about $100, ubisoft is charging 109 for theirs.

by my calculations, this is overpriced by at least $200, I would say even more then that. normally i'm tempted by collectible figurines. I have been known to buy them separately or otherwise.not tempted by this one though. MIGHT get a gold edition of the game. maybe. eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Depending the quality and marker not really.

If its the same quality as the other AC statues then its worth around $50-$80. The Horizon Zero Dawn statue looks to be better quality, but I do have to see a full unboxing before judging.

This bundle is only that price because they are only making like 200 of them.
    he is not wrong. look at the size of the figurine. I have horizon zero dawn Alloy and she is wonderfully detailed by she is also about a third of the size of this one. give or take. this figurine is about the size of these https://www.sideshowtoy.com/types/pr...format-figure/ the question is - is it as high quality or anywhere near it
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-06-19 at 10:55 PM.

Dude, outlaw bikers have way more sense than to drop $800 on a video game. Cocaine or prostitutes, even some nifty new chrome for your hog sure, but not a video game.

As someone who has spent more on rare games I can't really give an honest opinion on it.

I mean I imagine people who buy this intend to flip it for more down the line.

I don't care how well crafted the statue is though. Total value imo would be 200 dollars. Not 800.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-19 at 11:01 PM.