Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    I'm not even sure what you are trying to discredit.

This is the definition I'm going by:

fas·cism
    ˈfaSHˌizəm/Submit
    noun
    an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

Heck, try this:

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
    early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge

noun
    (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

And if that's not enough, here's the wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

I'll settle for the definition of the word. Just as apartheid is used to reference other systematic oppression of an indigenous people, like in Israel, the value of words can expand to a degree. If I speak of apartheid in Israel, one would hope you make the reference to South Africa, where the term was coined.

He's absolutely correct. I'm sure plenty of people will be outraged at the concept though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    There are 60 million refugees in the world.
    The no borders what-so-ever crowd are working on making that a lot higher.
    Also, those 3.5% are no apportioned evenly.
    Yes, and those 60 million refugees are not in Europe. I don't understand why people keep talking about what ifs and weird hypotheticals? Our European borders are closed and as secure as before the refugee crisis, if not more secure. The hysteria needs to stop.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    ^
    More of the same shit Europeans repeat like a parrot.
    It's funny when you think of it. I'm sure there were similar debates back in the day, some Greeks and Romans thinking these northern forest savages were "just incompatible" with western culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    3.5% are Muslims. It's a bit early to panic and run around screaming "WE ARE DOOMED!" hysterically, don't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I have read our constitution. That's why I seem to be the only one that's chilled as fuck about these refugees. And can't understand at all why people are acting like we're living under a Sultan and are forced to bow to Mecca 5 times a day. It's absolutely ridiculous how hysterical this forum is at times. Inconceivable!
    you are the one suggesting we murder all refugee children, i never said that, i simply stated to invite them responsibly. Instead of you know, 1 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    you are the one suggesting we murder all refugee children, i never said that, i simply stated to invite them responsibly. Instead of you know, 1 million per year.
    Yes, because that's what we do all the time instead of it being a one-time occurrence. Hysteria much?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    cause his words would be considered hate speech by most on the left.
    They arent. And i say this as a muslim myself.

My family immigrated to Canada from Pakistan. We are fairly conservative as muslims, no drinking, no haram, attached to a mosque etc etc. But one thing my dad conveyed strongly to me and my siblings. "That even though eventually we will become citizens of this new countries we are guests first and then members of the society. So we are supposed to come here and strengthen the community and support, and most importantly be thankful for the opportunity this new country provides that so many others in Pakistan do not have access to".

See, issue is, I believe that religion starts from home. Parents need to do a better job at explaining the edges of religion to their children. My parents made certain that regardless of all the political crap happening in the world, I should be far more concerned with being a better person, so much so that I should not have the time of day to accuse someone else of not following "the proper way".

Religion is meant to be an intimate choice. People now a days are too busy stuffing into each others faces unfortunately.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Yes, and those 60 million refugees are not in Europe. I don't understand why people keep talking about what ifs and weird hypotheticals? Our European borders are closed and as secure as before the refugee crisis, if not more secure. The hysteria needs to stop.
    It's not a weird hypothetical.
    listen to your local greens, they literally say that shit.
    Our European borders are closed and as secure as before the refugee crisis, if not more secure. The hysteria needs to stop.
    A, Not actually, and B, again, listen to your greens, unless you have a vastly different kind to mine, they are all screaming and condemning the tightening of the border.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because that's what we do all the time instead of it being a one-time occurrence. Hysteria much?
    yes, the reason it's not going to be more than one million this year has nothing to do with the deal with Turkey to close the border.
    It's not a one time occurrence, its going to be a perpetual pressure, to pretend otherwise is to delude yourself.

It is time to put religion, especially Islam in its place. We need to start treating beleivers of religion as mentally disabled. We need to start dealing with these people who seek to poison vulnerable minds with notions of anti-science and extremism as a THREAT.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-23 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    It is time to put religion, especially Islam in its place. We need to start treating beleivers of religion as mentally disabled. We need to start dealing with these people who seek to poison vulnerable minds with notions of anti-science and extremism as a THREAT.
    Nice view of religious people, of whom many are likely smarter than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    immigration 101.
    Integrate into the society of the country you move to if you want to live there.

Why is this even newsworthy?
    its not

people are just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Nice view of religious people, of whom many are likely smarter than you.
    They could know how to do high level mathmatics.

still doesn't change the fact that they believe something one could mistake for a Lord of the Rings novel. Until that fact changes, they are scum. Child abusing, science denying, anti-human SCUM.

They could know how to do high level mathmatics.

still doesn't change the fact that they believe something one could mistake for a Lord of the Rings novel. Until that fact changes, they are scum. Child abusing, science denying, anti-human SCUM.
    I can't recall abusing children, denying science or being anti-human.

sounds very religious to me

pick any religion really

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-22 at 11:48 AM.

The very essence of religion denies science, especially evolution.

Denying a child the ability to learn about what is real IS CHILD ABUSE.

Crediting your deity for mankind's achievements is not only wicked, it is a sin against humanity...

HOWEVER if you are religous but still choose to believe science, or cherry pick sections of your faith to follow, you become WORSE then a religous extremist...

You become a hypocrite... No one can be sure of your beliefs. Not even you.

The very essence of religion denies science, especially evolution.

Denying a child the ability to learn about what is real IS CHILD ABUSE.

Crediting your deity for mankind's achievements is not only wicked, it is a sin against humanity...

HOWEVER if you are religous but still choose to believe science, or cherry pick sections of your faith to follow, you become WORSE then a religous extremist...

You become a hypocrite... No one can be sure of your beliefs. Not even you.
    It's perfectly possible for someone to believe there is something greater than us, without denying evolution or abusing children.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-22 at 11:39 AM.

It's perfectly possible for someone to believe there is something greater than us, without denying evolution or abusing children.
    fair enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This sentiment is fucking garbage. People are discontented and ask for change in their societies all the time. You can't tell everyone to leave because they want to take steps that they think would improve their lives where they're living.
    Nothing wrong with that if that sentiment comes from the natives, not refugees or migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, the reason it's not going to be more than one million this year has nothing to do with the deal with Turkey to close the border.
    It's not a one time occurrence, its going to be a perpetual pressure, to pretend otherwise is to delude yourself.
    Refugees usually don't come across a border checkpoint. Like this refugee wave.