Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] .HACK G.U // Last Recode

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/20...w-screenshots/

.hack//G.U. is a remaster version of the PS2 RPG series with improved visuals, new elements and systems, 60fps support, improved backgrounds and UI, plus additional adjustments and changes that you can read about here.

Trailer looks great to me

- - - Updated - - -

Pi is back bitchs!

- - - Updated - - -

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Haven't played any of the originals. Guess I'll give this a try when it comes out on PC.

Never played one of the games, I just watched some of the first anime 15+ years ago. So how does it work? Does your character also get awesome dark powers? What's the combat like? Something like the Tales of Tales series? Is the plot salvageable? The trailer is quite .. sparse in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will admit I squeed when I saw this in my youtube sub thingy. Wonder if my strategy guides will still be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Never played one of the games, I just watched some of the first anime 15+ years ago. So how does it work? Does your character also get awesome dark powers? What's the combat like? Something like the Tales of Tales series? Is the plot salvageable? The trailer is quite .. sparse in that regard.
    Yeah I fell off by the 3rd game as well. Recently started replaying them in emulation, as you can find roms of all four to use with PSXe.

PC release confirmed! Going to follow this.

I hope if this does well then they'll remaster the original games with Kite and BlackRose. I never did finish the original series and I don't have the games or a PS2 anymore, which is something I regret sometimes. What I did play from the original series was quite enjoyable and I would like a second chance to finish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Haven't played any of the originals. Guess I'll give this a try when it comes out on PC.
    Just saw the info and thought it was PS4 only until I saw your comment. So off to google I went and found out it is coming to PC. So glad because I've been wanting to play it, but when I moved I had some of the discs stolen so I couldn't finish the series up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You could just look up the PS2 version and probably find most of what you are looking for. It's been so long since I last played it the details are fuzzy so I can't say much. Since it's just a remastered version (plus new stuff) it should give you a rough idea.

But in order to play it, you have to use the VR headset it comes with and hope you are able to logout.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I hope if this does well then they'll remaster the original games with Kite and BlackRose. I never did finish the original series and I don't have the games or a PS2 anymore, which is something I regret sometimes. What I did play from the original series was quite enjoyable and I would like a second chance to finish them.
    Yeah I kept my PS2 when I moved. Have very few games for it, but I still play on it once in awhile (Curse you Sony for not porting Kingdom Hearts to PC and me not being able to justify buying any consoles).

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Im kinda shocked they aren't doing those FIRST since those are what really got it all started....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i just have to hope for Infection to be released also.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Yeah I totally missed that this was a remaster , oops. Then some of the things are already answered since I remember roots for the most part (too bad, would have prefered caster type like in hack).

Yes please save .HACK from mobage hell. If SAO can shit out vita/ps4 games every year the grandaddy of mmo cross media projects needs the same or better!

is this the hack games that had the 30min shorts with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    is this the hack games that had the 30min shorts with them?
    No thats the one that released closer to .HACK//SIGN Mutation, Infection, Outbreak and Quarantine. Managed to pick up the first 3 for £1 on gumtree a while back but that last one on PS2 is still insanely expensive. This is the sequel to the second series .HACK//G.U

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No thats the one that released closer to .HACK//SIGN Mutation, Infection, Outbreak and Quarantine. Managed to pick up the first 3 for £1 on gumtree a while back but that last one on PS2 is still insanely expensive. This is the sequel to the second series .HACK//G.U
    The mmo feeling of the first series was great, i can only hope that this sells well enough for them to consider remastering the first series into a bundle and sell.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    The mmo feeling of the first series was great, i can only hope that this sells well enough for them to consider remastering the first series into a bundle and sell.
    Man i hope so, i die a little inside everytime the vr mmo anime genre is listed online as 'started with sword arts online' because this completely fell of the mainstream after Outbreak released.

If the remaster/remake comes out as good as Odin Sphere did I can support a buy, but as an owner of the original GU games if it really just ends up being prettier graphics with like 1 change I'll probably pass on it.

FWIW I found GU to be much more approachable than the original 4 for anyone curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    If the remaster/remake comes out as good as Odin Sphere did I can support a buy, but as an owner of the original GU games if it really just ends up being prettier graphics with like 1 change I'll probably pass on it.

FWIW I found GU to be much more approachable than the original 4 for anyone curious.
    Not sure if you like this or not, but saw several hours ago they announced it'll have both English and Japanese Audio tracks. I know some prefer the JP voices to EN so they should enjoy that part.

Also saw this:

it will feature various enhancements such as a retry feature, quicker movement, more item space, and more
    The game will feature new elements that “make it feel like a new game.” The full-HD remaster will have high-definition movies, including all movies from the Terminal Disk that bundled with the special edition of .hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth. System improvements will include an added retry function, Cheat Mode, and rebalanced avatar battles. The release will increase movement speed, item slots, battle tempo, Skeith's shooting speed, and other systems. In addition, "Haseo with an unfamiliar look" will appear.
    And for those wanting information on what it was:

.hack//G.U. trilogy is made up of Vol. 1: Rebirth, Vol. 2: Reminisce, and Vol 3: Redemption, all of which were released for PlayStation 2. Like other titles in the series, G.U. simulates an MMORPG titled "The World". Its story is preceded by the .hack//Roots anime series, and follows a player named Haseo as he hunts down another player named Tri-Edge.
    Apparently the reason they went with G.U. first I can think of is because the year portrayed in the series is this year which was 10 years after the release of the game:

the company decided to make a remaster to introduce a new generation of players to the series. All three volumes of the original game will be playable in the remaster. In addition to the series' 15th anniversary, this year marks 10 years since the end of .hack//G.U. and is also the year that the game's story is set in.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-21 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck yeah. I loved IMOQ, and was absurdly hyped for G.U. after the trailers hit in 06... which of course never got an EU release. I spent years seething, and just kind of forgot to emulate it when that became a thing. Always told myself I'd get around to it. Super excited for this.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2017-06-22 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    PC release confirmed! Going to follow this.
    So - just top get this straight - we're getting for PC the whole thing remastered? Nice i always wanted to play them but never bothered at the time to buy a PS2.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.