Dumping time into PvP

Hey good afternoon guys,

Im thinking about setting aside a fairly large amount of time in my life for wow pvp. 20 to 30 hrs a week. Possibly even start streaming. I have two questions for this forum.

1. How do you decide what class/spec to play? I mean, there are some specs that just arent that viable in high level pvp. Thinking back to the old days of rogue mage priest. Im not trying to pick flavor of the month, I just want to invest my time into something successful. Right now my plan is "go with what you know and move forward from there". Mayb Rsham? Affl lock? i donno.

2. There seems to be an absolute vomit of information thats outdated or unreliable on the internet regarding pvp. Can someone point me in the right direction for a guide? I want to spend some time learning, and I dont want to waste that time.

Thanks for any info you might have and I apologize if I come off as cancer lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Good luck....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh wow pvp is so unbalanced theres no point in doing that much time. I'd find a different game to do this in like league or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SwayOfTheAbyss View Post
    Hey good afternoon guys,

Im thinking about setting aside a fairly large amount of time in my life for wow pvp. 20 to 30 hrs a week. Possibly even start streaming. I have two questions for this forum.

1. How do you decide what class/spec to play? I mean, there are some specs that just arent that viable in high level pvp. Thinking back to the old days of rogue mage priest. Im not trying to pick flavor of the month, I just want to invest my time into something successful. Right now my plan is "go with what you know and move forward from there". Mayb Rsham? Affl lock? i donno.

2. There seems to be an absolute vomit of information thats outdated or unreliable on the internet regarding pvp. Can someone point me in the right direction for a guide? I want to spend some time learning, and I dont want to waste that time.

If you want to play something that's always viable, play a healer. Deciding on a healer, go Druid as they've remained strong thru multiple xpacs.
    If you HAVE to play dps, decide what you want to concentrate on, RBGs or Arena. Some classes/specs play better than others in those instances. As far as guides, I don't have the foggiest idea.

Hey good afternoon guys,

lol arms warrior and smash your keyboard to 2200+ . as far as healer goes probably rsham, mw or holy pala is ok.

I second the warrior. Crazy damage, gap closer, defenses, execute. Just don't play ele shaman.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

Deleted
    I play Ele and love it in random BGs? Arenas as Ele is a lot less fun though....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey good afternoon guys,

1. You play whatever you like. There's no point playing Arms now like other people have said just because it's good, because it's going to definitely get nerfed eventually. If you play something that isn't viable at the minute but you like it, stick with it. It will be viable eventually.

Also, if you play something that isn't viable and get fairly decent at it, you'll only be better at it when it is viable. If you play a spec that you don't really enjoy just because it's OP currently then reroll after it gets nerfed, you won't really get anywhere.

2. There aren't really any besides apparently Skillcapped. They went dead for a while but I've seen people mention it a lot recently. It costs a monthly sub though. The best way to learn is by actually playing. I'd advise watching some good Twitch streamers even if they don't play your comp/spec just to see how they play.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-22 at 04:28 PM.

Hey good afternoon guys,

Tips for free:

0. Be a girl and show side boob or top boob middle cleveage, jjust boobs, show your boobs (skip rest)
    1. If you happen to be a dude, become beautiful or funny. If you're both you win. Skip the rest.
    2. Buy fancy char
    3. Buy POWERFUL computer and paste the specs everywhere
    4. Drink lots of juice
    5. Be very dramatic over stuff
    6. Pick the FOTM spec class, roll over keyboard --> win
    7. Do not come to mmo-champion asking for advice of this nature.

You were very lucky I was around, else all you would find would be snide comments, stupid jokes and hate. Since I'm here, I bring actual advice from a pro player with skill.

Hey good afternoon guys,

I don't think you're going to get anywhere streaming with WoW unless you're already good. Unless you dgaf.

As already has been recommended, warriors are a easy class to pick up and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Hey good afternoon guys,

As shitty as PvP is atm, idk why you would torment yourself with sinking a lot of time into it or bother streaming. Example: the WoW Euro Cup of this past weekend had less than 15k viewers at any given time (most I saw Sat. & Sun. during live matches was about 11k). The commentators were begging for more teams to join up - apparently Blizz is having trouble getting more than the usual handful of pro teams interested, though I did see a couple of newer teams.

As streaming goes for e-sports today, >15k is pathetic especially for a regional qualification tourney.

But what really shows the state of the format is the money situation. Sponsors (and Blizz) aren't that stupid, they have to know where the scene is at before they plunk down their money. When 1st Place is only $6000. split 4 ways, 2nd is $3000., 3rd $1000., etc., you know the wheels are falling off. Imagine being a decent team, practicing comps/specs for months on the ladders only to walk away with $250./ea. for 3rd. Even $1500./ea. for 1st is a fucking joke. But hey!...you get a chance to go to Blizzcon!! ("con" is the operative part here...kek).

Well, at least they'll have enough to buy another week's supply of hot dogs, Doritos and Red Bull. Yay?

At any rate, as for "How do you decide what class/spec to play?", well specs they used were mostly the usual stuff:

DPS: Arms, Frost Mage (or Fire), Sub (or Assa), UHDK, Aff (or Demo) were the most common; then Boomy or Feral, WW, Enhance; a few matches had Ele, MM, Spriest or Ret IIRC.

Healer: mainly Rsham, Mist, or Disc; a few Rdruid or HPal comps.

Most comps were WLS, RMP/RMD, or variation, etc. sometimes Turbo cleave or Walking Dead. Some were mirror comp matches when the other team didn't have a good counter on a particular map.

HTH, YMMV, LOL, and GL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait til next expac to do that. Putting that much time into legion PvP would be self torture. Mainly because it isn't like it used to be, it no longer takes months to master your class. You can learn the ins and outs of every bit of your class in a week.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-06-28 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Tips for free:

0. Be a girl and show side boob or top boob middle cleveage, jjust boobs, show your boobs (skip rest)
    And be a pretty girl. If you just have tits and no face, I can't be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoajj View Post
    I play Ele and love it in random BGs? Arenas as Ele is a lot less fun though....
    Ele arena can be a blast with the right comp (LSD, thundercleave).

if you're going to dedicate a lot of your life to something, wow pvp is probably not the most fruitful thing

Do it. In fact let me know if you do. Pvp is fun especially with friends. People are to solo que happy. This game was built around multi player and to many go use to the solo que. Aliatril#11653 I love pvp and am building an entire community guild around it. Hit me up. I often run cap RBGs and arenas too

Ignore the players saying "WoW PvP sux and you shouldn't play it". If you find it fun, go for it. There's still plenty of people doing arenas and are willing to play with you.

Just make sure you have time set aside for more important things. 20-30 hours is a lot.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.