Poll: Is it wrong to be a FOTM reroller?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I've played since vanilla, and honestly recently balance has been very good in comparrison to prior, if you think blizzard is so much worse than other companies at this, you are delusional.
    How many years of a span is that? (And yet, it's still terrible. Hence "all those fucking warriors.")

Yeah, I'm the delusional one. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    players will always go to whats the strongest, no matter what some thing will always be better, so unless you make the wall to fotm hall to big to be worth it, people will keep doing it.
    No.

The "wall" doesn't have to be big. The differences in power levels just have to be small enough. But that's something Blizzard has proven over the course of some of their current players' own fucking lifespan that they are wholly incapable of doing. At no point in the history of the game has there ever been any semblance of balance between the classes. And yes, that includes right fucking now. You can spout out that there is/was, but you're objectively wrong (else -- again -- this thread wouldn't even fucking exist).

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Legion has been very punishing for these people. I'm glad tbh, rerolling for the sake of being op is just retarded.
    "you're having fun the wrong way"

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    How many years of a span is that? (And yet, it's still terrible. Hence "all those fucking warriors.")

Yeah, I'm the delusional one. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

The "wall" doesn't have to be big. The differences in power levels just have to be small enough. But that's something Blizzard has proven over the course of some of their current players' own fucking lifespan that they are wholly incapable of doing. At no point in the history of the game has there ever been any semblance of balance between the classes. And yes, that includes right fucking now. You can spout out that there is/was, but you're objectively wrong (else -- again -- this thread wouldn't even fucking exist).
    Point to me where I said things is/was balanced again? or right I didn't

Deleted
    i have a 110 warrier but i never play an op class there is no challence in that just face rolling so will stick whit my lock alot more rewarding when i can beat melee`s 1 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokkie View Post
    This expansion? No. I can't really explain it but the way pvp balance works now is really weird.
    Players fotm reroll like crazy in this expac because of how easy it is to pick up and play each class. It is also much more important to play tier 1 comps in arena if you want to have success (this is actually cause and effect).

Balancing has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Players fotm reroll like crazy in this expac because of how easy it is to pick up and play each class. It is also much more important to play tier 1 comps in arena if you want to have success (this is actually cause and effect).

Balancing has nothing to do with it.
    Your last sentence confuses me.

Deleted
    I feel like fotm rerollers actually help keep the game balanced. if one spec was broken but only a handful played it then it might take longer for Blizzard to take action and nerf it.

LOL @ wanting a challenge. When feral isn't rewarded for it's complexity, no need in the consumer to handicap himself just to have fun. My already created warrior is having too much fun leveling thru bgs.

I don't blame people for rolling warrior now, especially if they PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your poll answers need some fine tuning.

Its a Blizzard problem, not a player. Who wants to play a nerfed character? No one that has time to level a fotm.

gaining a level a day on an alt in legion assaults in 30 minutes max of game play and being given a +40 AP gain book at 110 is not what i would call "punishing" to re-rollers..

10+ Year Old Account
    While there is nothing wrong with fotm rerolling, it's annoying. Because it burdens the people you play with. It's not so much people rerolling for high dps specs. It's rerolling for things like "Oh damnit we invited another dk into our raid group, I'm rerolling to warrior" or "Shamans got a cool class mount, I'm gonna reroll to make it my main.". Or because a tier set looks cool. Guilds have to put up with gearing rerolls and now with AP dealing with the AP grind for a new spec/class.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    I don't main warrior but I have every class except paladin. Most at 110, only playing my survival hunter and ww monk for the past few months.

I feel bad for people "rerolling" warrior. They'll get bored of how simple warrior feels in pvp, strong and overpowered yes. But will it entertain you as a pvper? No, doubt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Your poll answers need some fine tuning.

Its a Blizzard problem, not a player. Who wants to play a nerfed character? No one that has time to level a fotm.
    So what do you do when that fotm class gets nerfed? Keep rerolling every time your class gets nerfed? Nobody has the time to continually grind AP to concordance every time something better comes along. People don't look at actually numbers. They see a list. They read a list from top to bottom. They don't realize that they'll actually be performing less than the character they currently have because they have so much time in gearing and ap grinding to do.

Players do this with stats. A certain stat may only be .3 dps lower than another, but they look at a list and see top to bottom the best and the worst. So if a piece of gear has the "worst" stat on it, they try to roll offspec on it. The only people that need to reroll for fotm are the people that are min/maxing to a fraction for the world first race.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    So what do you do when that fotm class gets nerfed? Keep rerolling every time your class gets nerfed? Nobody has the time to continually grind AP to concordance every time something better comes along. People don't look at actually numbers. They see a list. They read a list from top to bottom. They don't realize that they'll actually be performing less than the character they currently have because they have so much time in gearing and ap grinding to do.

Players do this with stats. A certain stat may only be .3 dps lower than another, but they look at a list and see top to bottom the best and the worst. So if a piece of gear has the "worst" stat on it, they try to roll offspec on it. The only people that need to reroll for fotm are the people that are min/maxing to a fraction for the world first race.
    You do realize you're on the PvP board right? You know the part of the game where concordance is nerfed by 50% and gear barely matters.

This topic has nothing to do with world firsts or recount dps lists.

You play a game to have fun, if your class isn't fun anymore, just bored of it whatever, and you switch to a FOTM and are like... this is pretty fun, go for it. Some people consider fun to be hitting 3 buttons and topping charts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Sooo... what is fotm for casual bgs?!

Deleted
    Do you know why the dinosaurs went extinct? Because they didn't fotm reroll mammals.

Rerolling is adapting, there is nothing wrong with it. What's pathetic is people whining about being rekt but refusing to reroll to something that can do better.

Btw, is switching heroes mid match in Overwatch counting as fotm rerolling?

First, competitive players especially pro wow players who play in the tournaments have too play the best classes. Second, who cares if they switch to another class? It's there choice if they want to try a different class or not. Why should a player have to continue to play a class they aren't enjoying anymore? I never understand this FotM thing and why it bothers people so much. Does it bother you more that they are switching classes or that you are frustrated where your class is at?

Eh...FOTM rerollers are a by product of the heavy handedness of blizzard. Whether its a buff or a nerf they hit classes so heavy handed its ridiculous. Until the huge buff/nerf swings stop you are gonna see two things. FOTM classes being rerolled en mass and over representation of those classes for that raid tier. It also causes more heartburn in the end when the next raid tier hits and the over represented classes inevitably get nerfed.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.