Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah dude, with all those Warlock/Shaman teams that 1shot in the first 5 secs of every match. Or those Prot Pally Healers. Or 100% ARP Warriors.

Sure was at the peak of Balance then

- - - Updated - - -

Are you fucking serious? Frost mages have been raged at for like 75% of Arena Seasons in WoW. Arcane Mages have at times been raged at for being Broken when they could just AP/POM Arcane Blast people to death within 5 secs. Fire Mages were raged about for having the PoM/Pyro Build for years and 1 shotting people out of Polymorphs.

You'd be an idiot to think people have never complained about Mages in PvP

Just how stupidly broken Frost was in Cata, could literally play it with a Wheel Peripheral.
    *complains about balance*
    *posts a video of 80% dueling as evidence*

I'll make a video of me beating some retards as a WW monk while using a spatula as a controller and then I will provide that as clear evidence that WW is overpowered. K?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Ok, well I could continue to sit here and argue against your made up version of this game's history, but I think I'll decline. Feel free to continue believing that warriors have never been brokenly overpowered.
    I never said Warriors have never been OP, I just said they are by far not the worst offender.

But then I know you lack basic reading comprehension too. Good to know the level of people spouting idiotic things like "Warriors have been OP for 90% of this game".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *complains about balance*
    *posts a video of 80% dueling as evidence*

I'll make a video of me beating some retards as a WW monk while using a spatula as a controller and then I will provide that as clear evidence that WW is overpowered. K?
    From what you have been saying in this thread, I don't know if you could even beat someone if you tried. You seem a tad deficient.

Also, where did I complain about Balance? I was simply pointing out times there was imbalance. I give zero shits about PvP Balance in this game as it is a side activity at most and a waste of resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bro, WoD was way worse. Calm down. Learn to counter things. Its not hard

we said it before and will say it again... pvp templates booo!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Just wanted to give a shout-out to Holinka (even though hes gone) and team for the changes this patch, I can't find the words to describe how I fell each time I step into PvP .. So many Arms and MM's running around with the cherry on top of subs .. The game is just .. how do I say it .. indescribable ..

So, this thread is for all of you who want to share how this patch made them feel about this great game we all love ..
    The best thing Holinka did for PvP was retire.

So I'd also like to thank Holinka, for retiring.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Holinka before leaving. Ok, I suck at this, I'm out.

i actually blame the [current xpac] overall game designers and pve heads for what they did to PVP and how they had to force PVP to work around all ashhattery of PVE DMG, mechanics and effects. If my warlock catches some in wpvp and i get a full stack of UA. Youre dead. Thats 760k-800k per tick with contagion and Haunt debuff and Soul Harvest. 908ilvl. Utter ridiculous. HILARIOUS! but ridiculous. Or what about 3-5mill FoK with legendary. Thats wrath level ridiculous and deja vu. Where double rogues would just FoK and collect rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMH76t4DCo&t=510s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Holinka before leaving. Ok, I suck at this, I'm out.
    maybe ill do better working valet.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Bro, WoD was way worse. Calm down. Learn to counter things. Its not hard
    Counters got pruned. WoD was better than this shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    Counters got pruned. WoD was better than this shit.
    Ehhhhh.... PVP was dogshit in WoD, ferals and humans owning the ranking ladders. It was a nightmare.
    Counters got pruned? I'm a alt-whore so every class I've played has a silence/interrupt/stun of some kind so I don't know what you're referring too

Nope, it's pretty much always been warriors and hunters. Mages and rogues have always been good but warriors and hunters have been OP to the point of infuriating far more often.
    Are you serious? Have you stepped into an arena above a 1500 rating? RMD/P and Godcomp have dominated the ladder for too many seasons to count. Warriors are generally solid, but hunters have found themselves outside the meta in more than a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Ehhhhh.... PVP was dogshit in WoD, ferals and humans owning the ranking ladders. It was a nightmare.
    Counters got pruned? I'm a alt-whore so every class I've played has a silence/interrupt/stun of some kind so I don't know what you're referring too
    I miss things like grounding totem, tremor totem, denounce, scare beast, master's call, and windwalk totem.

I'm also just really pissed about how bm hunters got nerfed to the fucking ground. There are literally more protection warriors over 2k in 3s than bm hunters. Only really viable spec for hunters in pvp is marksman right now. SV can do ok in arena, but it's hot garbage in pve and in bgs. I'm bit bitter about how spec balance is playing out in this season currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Are you serious? Have you stepped into an arena above a 1500 rating? RMD/P and Godcomp have dominated the ladder for too many seasons to count. Warriors are generally solid, but hunters have found themselves outside the meta in more than a few seasons.
    Really, dude, you're gonna summon me back to this dogshit thread three weeks later? Get lost.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Holy FUCK! Holinka is gone?! Thank god! That guy knew nothing about PVP. NOTHING! When I enter a bg like everyone else I want a balanced experience not a fucking steamroll fest. WORST FUCKING PLAYER EXPERIENCE EVER!

I just resubed the other day, stepped into a bg, no healers on my side, other side steamrolling everyone. Its just fucking ridiculously bad PVP. Its like going to IN and OUT and asking for a double double and when you get to the window the person shoots you in the fucking face!

Whomever they get to replace Him and hopefully his whole sad team, I hope its someone that understands that its about the players experience.

wow pvp in 2017 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I know many will laugh this post off as a conspiracy, but I do believe exactly the same. Rotating FOTM and forcing rerolling and such is a way of extending how much you play and how long you stay in the game, subbed. It's basically the same even in PvE.

if Blizzard wanted balance, we would be given exactly that. But, what we get is broken things that are infuriating and exploitable, then they get fixed (in ages, usually, after people enjoyed getting carried by some cheesy mechanic for months), and something else gets broken. There's also this constant reworking of specs and one would think they do it so they are balanced, yet we just don't see that.

Anyway, it is what it is, there's no way out of it but voting with the wallet. What we need is developers/publishers that are less desperate for subs and money, and don't attempt to constantly trick their playerbase to lose their lives on a product, instead of just using it as entertainment.
    I've heard this sentiment before as well, more targeted towards the monumental task of rerolling for PVE in Legion. Honestly it makes perfect sense, and I recall in MoP when many people would legit cap their toons, deck them out in tier sets rather easily, and then eventually unsub until the next patch. I wonder if there was a significant amount of players doing that which led to the new AK/RNG system.

One more reason for me to continue with F2P mobas and never look back.

Really, dude, you're gonna summon me back to this dogshit thread three weeks later? Get lost.
    Nice deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I've heard this sentiment before as well, more targeted towards the monumental task of rerolling for PVE in Legion. Honestly it makes perfect sense, and I recall in MoP when many people would legit cap their toons, deck them out in tier sets rather easily, and then eventually unsub until the next patch. I wonder if there was a significant amount of players doing that which led to the new AK/RNG system.

One more reason for me to continue with F2P mobas and never look back.
    Yes, this is what happened.

People would cap a toon for a week (conquest/valor)and then log off or work on an alt. Now Blizz drags the process out but all it does is burn people off faster.

This is why Blizz had to hotfix caps on artifact several times because they realize that it would burn players out and it would cause large gaps of power between hardcore and casual players.

Blizz needs to go back to a valor/conquest cap system per week as it makes the most sense with the way they deliver content. The content Blizz delivers is weekly or biweekly capped anyways so it makes no sense not to cap everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Yep. It's easy enough to see if you look at it the way Blizz does as a corporation with a subscription game. And remember, they stopped posting sub numbers. Now they measure profits by time subbed/time in game. It is completely to their advantage to drag out game time in any way possible.

Anyone recall back in MoP when Ion came out and said, quote:

"There are some concerns with how Demonology plays right now. You need addons to play it well because of how complex it was. It also was the best all around spec, so warlocks that wanted to play other specs had to go Demonology. Demonology will be significantly overhauled in a future patch. It is still viable, but won't be the best anymore. It is Demonology's turn to be the worst warlock spec."

....when they were going to nerf the UVLS trinkets and make other specs the next OP?

"...There is certainly an ebb and flow: specs have taken turns being the best and being the worst over time. For now, it's Demonology's turn to be the worst Warlock spec. Sorry."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...emonology-nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yes, this is what happened.

People would cap a toon for a week (conquest/valor)and then log off or work on an alt. Now Blizz drags the process out but all it does is burn people off faster.

This is why Blizz had to hotfix caps on artifact several times because they realize that it would burn players out and it would cause large gaps of power between hardcore and casual players.

Blizz needs to go back to a valor/conquest cap system per week as it makes the most sense with the way they deliver content. The content Blizz delivers is weekly or biweekly capped anyways so it makes no sense not to cap everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yep. It's easy enough to see if you look at it the way Blizz does as a corporation with a subscription game. And remember, they stopped posting sub numbers. Now they measure profits by time subbed/time in game. It is completely to their advantage to drag out game time in any way possible.
    Yeah so it would seem it's not so much of a conspiracy then after all. They could always just, ya know.....make the overall game more challenging, like it was in the good old days. Instead of a faceroll leveling experience followed by an endless RNG hunt for BiS gear and AK.

I can understand there are players having a great time with WoW right now (in particular I loved the artifact weapon quests, even if they're gone in a flash) but I'm not one of them, which is why i've let my sub expire and will probably only return when I get that itch a couple times a year.