Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    FotM players are disappointed, more news at 11

Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post

They seriously need to remove all bosses statistics for the sake of everyone's sanity.
    I can already see random people tweeting nerf boomkins while posting that screenshot all over wow devs tweeters.
    I get what you mean. I really do. The stat is terribly misleading. We're on the same page; but I'll mention this anyway: I'd rather people just grab a brain and use it instead of us catering to these mindless people. Our culture caters too much to this lack of critical thinking already.

I mean, I don't really know the point of the "all bosses" stat anyway. It's not very useful. I don't really care if it goes away; but I would care if that was the reason: people too intellectually lazy so we have to appease them.

My guess is it was only ever supposed to be "fun/interesting/entertaining" stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I get what you mean. I really do. The stat is terribly misleading. We're on the same page; but I'll mention this anyway: I'd rather people just grab a brain and use it instead of us catering to these mindless people. Our culture caters too much to this lack of critical thinking already.

I mean, I don't really know the point of the "all bosses" stat anyway. It's not very useful. I don't really care if it goes away; but I would care if that was the reason: people too intellectually lazy so we have to appease them.

My guess is it was only ever supposed to be "fun/interesting/entertaining" stat.
    if it wasn't all bosses people would just link single fights and claim spec X or Y was overpowered. You'll never get rid of all the idiotic ways information can be presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    if it wasn't all bosses people would just link single fights and claim spec X or Y was overpowered. You'll never get rid of all the idiotic ways information can be presented.
    The mental gymnastics for that would be way harder to accomplish, not to mention they would have to provide harder to represent evidence that would take more work than one link, versus us having to show the reverse burden of proof against their "all bosses" link to prove our multidot spec is surprise, only good in multidot fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Probably the same idiots are now moaning that Balance is "overpowered" because the logs for three bosses in Mythic mode are starting to roll in.

Liek I said, Blizzard themselves do not take the dps rankings seriously, they just know th eplayers do, and therefore they felt impelled ot hand out a political nerf to please the crowd.

Those rankings are a blunt instrument that make no real attempt to adjust for gear, or how some fights play to some classes and not others, nor even the sort of padding shenanigans going on, I mean, they include people who are using Absolute Corruption on the cage guys and others who are real-swapping to maintain full stacks of dots on everything, it wouldn;t suprise me at all to see a hotfix where phasing between one realm wipes all your effects on a boss.