Balance DPS help (logs and profile included)

Hello, If anyone would be as kind as to check my logs and give me a hint on how to perform better DPS wise?
    My sims is about 1 mil dps but im usualy strugeling at 650-750k so i assume something is not quite right.

https: // www .warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/happykappa
    https: // www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/TvVQb1jMhL2dcK8C#fight=14&type=damage-done

Not able to post links so there is a few spaces in them.

//HappyKappa

Deleted
    Hey Happykappa,

i had just a quick look at your Fallen Avatar kill. Few things that caught my eye.
    The fight is 6.42 min long but you only used 2 Incarnations instead of 3.
    You have moments in the fight where you don't do anything for a while. I didn't check if you got a mechanic you had to move out of, but try to pool resources so you have a few globals where you can cast SS or SF. You can also refresh dots or if you didn't have resources spamm Moonfire.
    Pooling resources with Emerald Dreamcatcher might be difficult so i actually would also advise to use a different legendary if you have one. Emerald Dreamcatcher requires really good play to make it worth it. I would suggest picking Impeccable Fel Essence if you have it.
    Regarding your other legendary that you used. Make use of your Starfall procs. You received 9 procs but only casted 3 of them. They are still a single target dps increase and you are missing out on potential Starsurge procs that can come from the Starfall casts.

Hoped this helped.

Deleted
    Hey Happykappa,

i had just a quick look at your Fallen Avatar kill. Few things that caught my eye.
    The fight is 6.42 min long but you only used 2 Incarnations instead of 3.
    You have moments in the fight where you don't do anything for a while. I didn't check if you got a mechanic you had to move out of, but try to pool resources so you have a few globals where you can cast SS or SF. You can also refresh dots or if you didn't have resources spamm Moonfire.
    Pooling resources with Emerald Dreamcatcher might be difficult so i actually would also advise to use a different legendary if you have one. Emerald Dreamcatcher requires really good play to make it worth it. I would suggest picking Impeccable Fel Essence if you have it.
    Regarding your other legendary that you used. Make use of your Starfall procs. You received 9 procs but only casted 3 of them. They are still a single target dps increase and you are missing out on potential Starsurge procs that can come from the Starfall casts.

Hope this helps.

somthing went wrong with my post, not sure if im posting it double now.

Deleted
    Just gave a quick look, so I guess someone will make a more in depth answer.

-ED's uptime seems a tad low. I have not used it in raid after the patch, but ~60% uptime was where you could stand before the patch, so 70%, 75%+ would be ideal if I had to guess. If you find it hard, or mechanics don't help, maybe consider using another legendary.

-You used just 2 Incarnations, you had 13 tries, 2 of those longer than 6 minutes to guess the fight lenght, so you could have used it a third time perfectly, specially since your group used bloodlust at pull so you didn't have to wait for it.

(Just checked that the other boomie used 2 incarnations too, and had ~73% uptime on ED)

-You sat on OI buff for quite a long time instead of using it, only casting 3 starfalls. Big loss of damage. Remember you can now squeeze a cast of starfall with the new ED

-If my math is correct you could have used 2 more moon spells, but considering you died towards the end maybe it doesn't apply.

-Finally, I didn't see a lot of cancelled casts, but I saw big gaps where you didn't do absolutely anything, maybe plan ahead movement better, or just spam moonfire, it really adds up.
    Last edited by mmoc438834504d; 2017-06-28 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Appreciate your input.

Unfortunately i have no other viable legendary for balance.

I have the non-spec ones, Prydaz and chest. Maybe Prydaz will benefit me more?

Fallen avatar i find quite frustrating as a balance druid with all the movement going on and hence hard to keep ED buff up.

I will make sure of using star-fall procs, but on that. Should i run with Stellar Drift instead of Nature´s Balance 100 talent?

//HappyKappa

did a quick sim comparing your current gear setup to one that swaps in a heroic version of the helm from sisters and prydaz for your neck and even on single target you only lose 5% compared to playing ED perfectly like the sim does.

Probably best for you to get a bit more comfortable with moonkin core rotation and OI before trying on ED. Will probably be an increase for you.

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    Appreciate your input.

I will make sure of using star-fall procs, but on that. Should i run with Stellar Drift instead of Nature´s Balance 100 talent?

//HappyKappa
    If you look on Wowprogress a lot of the top performing druids are using Stellar Drift over NB even on single target fights because ...

1) Fight requires movement so dot application is likely
    2) They are using OI, so free starfall will do more dmg
    3) SD allows casting while moving, so if movement required during free SF cast and you're in range, you can make use of it.

Appreciate your input.

Fallen avatar i find quite frustrating as a balance druid with all the movement going on and hence hard to keep ED buff up.

//HappyKappa
    Appreciate your input.
    //HappyKappa
    Trust me, it's half as frustrating comparing to other classes like Elemental .

It is heavy movement but predictable. Just watch your DBM and pool enough AP to keep ED buff up or have SS to cast when you have to move. If you have the 2p, it becomes way easier.
    Minimize your movement during Unbound Chaos by moving in small circle, on the first one, you went straight to the back of the room and went out of range of the boss. For the big ability that you gotta run to the edge of the room, I usually stay in max range (for balance is around where the pillars end) and continue dps (saw you did this, was ok). I pop a Barkskin and with the Guardian Affinity i don't ever have to stop dpsing. Also, allways stay in range of Maiden and use displacer beast to get to the soak point, you walk too much.

On the platform downstairs I also stay in max range so the Avatars ability that breaks the platform doesn't affect me. The only annoying thing I find on that fight is the circle that launches you in the air. I use my displacer beast so I cut on the time that I spend falling.

If you start to plan your position during every phase of an encounter, you should see a dps increase since you will no longer have to stop and think where to go. Even if you take 1 sec to check the room for a safe spot, you gonna get distracted and loose dps. Not all fights are so predictable of course.

So to follow up i have improved somewhat in gear and acquired the much wanted ring.

If anyone would be as kind to take a look at new logs from yesterdays head bashing on Goroth Mythic (Wipes 1-19 i play Balance).

If i compare logs with others i seem to get about half amount of casts of, surly this cannot be only cause of much movement as im sure others gets just as much.

Is there something im doing very wrong in my key mashing? I try to use up all empowerment's and (1 LS 1 SW per SS) unless im over capping AsP due to Incarnation.

https: // www .warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/happykappa
    https: // www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/fc7KL28D6hQZJWVp#view=analytical&type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=21

Any help is much appreciated!

//HappyKappa
    Last edited by t3ch; 2017-07-11 at 10:27 AM.