Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tier 20 and holy talents Beacon of the Lightbringer vs Beacon of Faith

With the tier 20 set buffing Light of dawn and Beacon of the Lightbringer also buffing Light of Dawn is it now better in most cases to use BotL instead of BoF for raids? Im pretty new to Holy Paladin, was a Resto druid for raids before Tos. Im having trouble understanding the theorycraft behing BoF being the default talent for raids, since it seems like it makes you more position dependent and heals the priorith tank for less than BotL or am I reading how these talents work wrong?

My raidgroup is usually 14 people, downed normal the first week and did it again in one night on tuesday, will work on herioc thur and monday. Our other main healer is a mistweaver and I switched partially due to druid nerfs and more tank dmg in tos. my paladin is 915 now with cloak and valens as holy legendaries so far. crit is around 41% with food buffs and avg bonus from 900 ilvl deck of varying crit bonus (hellfire i think). hps was around 575k on kil'jaeden with 45% of heals going to tanks. Our tanks are a gaurdian druid and a DH right now.

stat priority has been int > crit until 50%, > all others close to equal

i have the tier 20 2 piece bonus atm

running crusader's might, unbreakable spirit, aura of mercy, divine purpose, judgement of light, and Botl

would appreciate any advice

Nothing really has changed, the 4 piece is actually pretty bad, because it's leading to mostly overheals, so bad that you don't even really want it, the off pieces are better. So basically you can take either Beacon dependent on the fight and just go with 2 piece for the reduced CD.

Also, pick up Aura of Sacrifice, easily the most powerful CD in the game right now...you'll thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Nothing really has changed, the 4 piece is actually pretty bad, because it's leading to mostly overheals, so bad that you don't even really want it, the off pieces are better. So basically you can take either Beacon dependent on the fight and just go with 2 piece for the reduced CD.

Also, pick up Aura of Sacrifice, easily the most powerful CD in the game right now...you'll thank me later.
    Couldn't disagree more about using T20. The 4set is showing an increase in hps over T19, I wouldn't consider skipping it.

As for what beacon to use, I have been using beacon of faith for all fights execpt desolate host when I use beacon of lightbringer.
    Last edited by Timadin; 2017-06-29 at 05:30 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post

quite impressive how you are wrong on every point you made

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the best talent choice for mythic+? My pally just hit 110 and is 893 and I heal up to +10s. But I have no leggos yet for healing. But which beacon is best for mythic+?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What is the best talent choice for mythic+? My pally just hit 110 and is 893 and I heal up to +10s. But I have no leggos yet for healing. But which beacon is best for mythic+?
    I personally cannot stand Virtue and I run Lightbringer in M+.

I swear by beacon of virtue in m+, with it I am able to instantly bring everyone from 20% to 100% with one holy shock. Try it and lightbringer out in some lower keys and see what suits your playstyle more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Pick what you like the most tbh, you can complete up to very high keys with any of the options. I run with Faith because I'm lazy + it lets you heal 2-3 targets at all times without having to re-cast often. However on affixes with high AoE dmg such as Bursting, Virtue is highly recommended.

Deleted
    no reason to ever pick lightbringer in dungeons

other two are about equally viable

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    no reason to ever pick lightbringer in dungeons

other two are about equally viable
    I think lightbringer is more viable than faith, to each his own.

Deleted
    it certainly is your prerogative to be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    it certainly is your prerogative to be wrong
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally using faith and I find no issue with it

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I guess it depends what you are running, I started the xpac using faith and I remember using lightbringer on overflowing weeks ( thank god that is gone). After a few runs with virtue I fell in love with it. Criting for 5 mil on 1 target and instantly bringing everyone up is so satisfying, I have never looked back.

I find Faith + Leggo Shoulders and T20 to synergize really good.

Problem with virtue is that you lose the 30% mana refund and is only worth using if you intend to constantly heal them through an AoE. Which to be honest is quite rare that the damage is more than the healing required.

Lightbringer on the other hands is used when you have to run far away from your group the majority of the time. Closest I can think of now is Fallen Avatar and to some extend KJ. Lightbringer will most probably benefit the least from T20 being that the initial heal from Light of Dawn will already top your beacon target to full. And most of the time you would want to be in melee range in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    I find Faith + Leggo Shoulders and T20 to synergize really good.

Problem with virtue is that you lose the 30% mana refund and is only worth using if you intend to constantly heal them through an AoE. Which to be honest is quite rare that the damage is more than the healing required.
    How do you lose the 30% mana refund? The BoV tooltip states "Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on the targets will also refund 30% of their Mana cost" Several M+ mechanics require you to heal through aoe damage. Enforcers in CoS ( I am aware you can los them), advisor Melandrus, nightwatchers in MoS, Hyrja in HoV to name a few. All of this can be amplified depending on the weekly affixes.

Also I thought the legendary shoulders lost some effectiveness with the new t20 4set?
    Last edited by Timadin; 2017-07-02 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    How do you lose the 30% mana refund? The BoV tooltip states "Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on the targets will also refund 30% of their Mana cost" Several M+ mechanics require you to heal through aoe damage. Enforcers in CoS ( I am aware you can los them), advisor Melandrus, nightwatchers in MoS, Hyrja in HoV to name a few. All of this can be amplified depending on the weekly affixes.

Also I thought the legendary shoulders lost some effectiveness with the new t20 4set?
    You dont have 100% uptime on the Beacon itself, and normally you would use it more like a CD if there are predictable AoE incoming.

Using LoD with legendary shoulders and Beacon of Faith allows you to heal other targets aside from tanks as the initial heal burst is also affected LoD would have topped the tank, whereas Beacon of Virtue would just outright overheals the beacon targets leaving once again low actual heal time on beacon targets which reduces mana refund component.

You will understand it once u actually use T20 4p.

The paladin discord seems to disagree with your assessment and have devalued the shoulders to a tier 3 legendary for raiding.

Deleted
    I completed m+ 15 MoS this week (teeming/explo/fortified) and I feel Virtue was definitely a good choice. Nightwatchers were pretty scary, I think I'd have a much harder time with Faith or Lightbringer there.

Virtue also helps immensly on occassional bomb explosions when dps zones out and fails to kill them.