Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Theres two heartbeat sounds in the data for azeroth as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Minor arrhythmia detected? That's interesting, though if Azeroth is truly the subject of the "her heart is a crater" pronouncement from Il'gynoth I would figure it would register as more than a slight heart murmur.
    Well it looks like a crater aint it.
    But maidens reporting sigh.
    I bet an Algalon v2 will appear this time to eradicate the titan itself (y i know as far as i knwo the pantheon opposed sargies kill-titan-before-corrupted option but we know how bliz behaves to the lore)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Minor arrhythmia detected? That's interesting, though if Azeroth is truly the subject of the "her heart is a crater" pronouncement from Il'gynoth I would figure it would register as more than a slight heart murmur.
    This takes the Old God being cancerous parasites to an all new level.

After you complete the scenario everyone in Dalaran freaking out. I imagine it's because Argus is visible to all players on the server now.(?) The streets were full of panicked and worried citizens, there's a much bigger guard presence, draenei from the Exodar were wandering around trying to spread hope, and "Validated Doomsayers" were handing out yet more pamphlets.

The grand majority of these pamphlets talk about Argus's sudden appearance and how we're even more screwed now than we were during the pre-patch events. (One of them actually started with "Sargeras did nothing wrong.") Pretty neat to have the events of ToS actually reflected in the world a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    After you complete the scenario everyone in Dalaran freaking out. I imagine it's because Argus is visible to all players on the server now.(?) The streets were full of panicked and worried citizens, there's a much bigger guard presence, draenei from the Exodar were wandering around trying to spread hope, and "Validated Doomsayers" were handing out yet more pamphlets.

The grand majority of these pamphlets talk about Argus's sudden appearance and how we're even more screwed now than we were during the pre-patch events. (One of them actually started with "Sargeras did nothing wrong.") Pretty neat to have the events of ToS actually reflected in the world a bit.
    I'd hoped they would acknowledge the visibility of Argus in some capacity, but that really exceeds my personal expectations.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

You may hate me for doing this, but I just gotta make an RP thing:

Everyone: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Me: Uh...hey...guys...I'm still...here.

Everyone: WE'RE DOOMED! SARGERAS IS GONNA SLAY US ALL!

Me: Uhh hello?! Awesome...standing right here.

Everyone: RUN AWAY! THE LEGION WON!

Me: Ya know what? All of you better step aside, cause I don't want to accidently slap you with my dick!

*Earns The Titanslayer title, while also sealing away Sargeras*

Me: EZ!

N'zoth: Sup bitch.

Me: DAMN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    this whole 'abandoned base overlooking something bigger than life' routine along with 'computer talk' really throws me off. Even draenei with their spaceships don't look so ridiculous in this setting compared to that titan stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    this whole 'abandoned base overlooking something bigger than life' routine along with 'computer talk' really throws me off. Even draenei with their spaceships don't look so ridiculous in this setting compared to that titan stuff.
    It's how Titan tech is presented since Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    I think this might be Azeroth...

http://i.imgur.com/QE7E9IO.png

and another Maiden, lol

http://i.imgur.com/0B4F4Gh.png
    Well then, that simply looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald
    Personally, after a while and noting others ideas... I came to the conclusion that Il'gynoth has pretty much been talking always about persons above the PCs or similar denizens of Azeroth.
    How would they know individually who people are when there's a fair few on Azeroth? Since their goal is to corrupt, you wouldn't really go for lowest of the low in power level unless they elevated themselves to being known I guess. But the best bet would be to go after the Titanic creations and such - one that you know exist from eons ago and related objects that are known to have more power in the first place (and there's plenty of them).

That being said I came to the conclusion that what Il'gynoth might know is that Y'shaarj was pulled out from Azeroth to make a crater; the Well of Eternity and though the blood from the Titan has filled it... It could relate to heart issues and why Azeroth is struggling to be 'born'.
    After that wound I mean it could quite possibly have been contaminated because even with Y'Shaarj dead, you had manifestations still haunting Pandaria... It could be possible they can do other things beyond their death.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    I kind of like how it stands apart from the more general "sword and sorcery" aesthetic - giving the impression that the Titans were truly above and beyond most of the mortal races of their universe. I'll admit it can get a bit thick in places, but on an "every so often" type of basis I don't think it necessarily interferes with the ongoing story-arcs.

That being said I'm also a fan of stories that blend elements from multiple genres, so long as it is done well - YMMV, of course.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    One of them actually started with "Sargeras did nothing wrong."
    Memes and Doomsayers. Who would have thought I would have seen the day these two would have joined forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Guys wanna see something even more badass?

THE FRONT OF THE SEAT! AKA, THIS: http://imgur.com/a/RRLuw

Tbh, I think the reason why Sargeras himself could never find Azeroth is because of that layer that's surrounding Azeroth, the little opening we see is probably the area that was exposed when Illidan used the keystone.

It's probably been hidden all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's how Titan tech is presented since Vanilla WoW.
    I didn't like it back then either

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    How is it ridiculous when it's apart of the lore? i don't care if you think it doesn't fit but this is warcraft.
    Well thats the thing - when I started playing warcraft if was a generic yet very charming fantasy with Azeroth being nothing more than a planet. Now its a f...ing titan with a heart that has 'minor arrhythmia'. And nothing in the past expansions pointed at this. In my opinion this retcon business Blizzard is running went a little bit too far. It ok for me to have ideas bigger than life, but this stuff they pouring at us, as characters in this fantasy world we shouldn't be able to even comprehend these things, let alone be anywhere near it. Only then it could work. But this blatant use of sci-fi tropes completely demystifying the fantasy behind it, which I find bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Well you obviously didn't know jack shit about warcraft lore, it isn't anyone else's fault but yourself for interpreting the game different from reality.
    well, I've never claimed to be a lore nerd, but I'm pretty sure whole Titans are born within planets is rather new addition to the lore. Relatively speaking ofc, but I remember times when Sargeras was actually corrupted by demons, not the other way around.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=245725/...ceptor?refresh

Orgrimmar Interceptor^ Alliance counterpart called Stormwind Skychaser, they're probably the Blizzcon bonuses this year? Maybe?

Note they're encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I could come with very satisfying endings for all artifacts (or new beginnings) tbh. Many of them could be handed to the right NPC. Some could be stolen (can you imagine Magatha stealing the Fist of Ra-den). Others could have unique endings (Maybe Tu'ure and K'ara could be reborn, Aluneth and Xal'atath could escape, Thal'kiel could be resurrected.
    The problem rises with not all Artifacts being equal in-lore. Someone stealing shite like Outlaw Rogue weapon isn't that big of a deal. But someone stealing (or just getting and then going lolevil because of the Class in question) Ulthalesh or Specter of Sargeras would wield godlike power while freeing the weapons from lore grey-zone that is them being wielded by the player. Though I suppose it could open up new enemies to explore for the future. People wielding the Artifacts would make for interesting boss fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Tbh, I think the reason why Sargeras himself could never find Azeroth is because of that layer that's surrounding Azeroth, the little opening we see is probably the area that was exposed when Illidan used the keystone.

It's probably been hidden all along.
    Just think about what you just said for a second.

How would any sunlight get to Azeroth if 80% of it is covered in cloud/fog/mist this dense?
    This fog shows up during the last part of the raid, hence the reason Illidan saying "We might have won, but look at the sky".

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Said by Illidan fanboy.
    This forum never fails to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The fact that you aren't even posting ironically makes it funnier. Half elves in WoW are just shit, a shitty trope made worse by shitty writing. But since your favorite character is a "Blind, half night-elf mongrel" I would understand your defense of them.
    Hey, Kerrilldank is a strong independent woman and in no way similar to Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    TFW you have giant army of fel reavers stored in your base but you forgot to ever charge them.
    If you've expected any shred of competence from the villains, you've come to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Everything I say is backed by lore in game sorry if you call in game lore headcanon. More like it just hurts that your dementia is real.
    "UVG isn't canon because it contradicts me".

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The corpse was on the dais and she said to "drain whatever power he uses". Read the quest again yourself.
    The corpse is wherever the raid kills Lei-Shen. And the quest text outright talks about draining the room, through the dais, so I have no idea what you read. Reading just the last sentence and ignoring the context for it from all the other sentences is a terrible way to construct an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    First quote is just hilarious. I mean, the amount of times you've been proven to be wrong, swirling down the bowl in your own toilet of headcanon... you have a lot of nerve saying that.
    This was a beautiful way of putting it. Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This takes the Old God being cancerous parasites to an all new level.
    Well, they run their tendrils through the worlds they corrupt, so it makes sense.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-26 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    There's interesting stuff going on in Dalaran on 7.3 PTR. I originally saw this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_end_is_nigh/

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    There's interesting stuff going on in Dalaran on 7.3 PTR. I originally saw this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_end_is_nigh/
    well, people turning crazy is to be expected when a massive green glowing space rock shows up out of nowhere, that is also the homebase of an army of greenish space demons.

|| Malicious Deliciousness ||