Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New spell-casting animations!

Edit: Just clarifying these videos are focusing on character casting animations (something that hasn't seen updates since vanilla!), not the new spell/particle effects. A lot of those have seen updates too.
    Also I've only got the human female animations. If anyone has videos of animations of other races, that'd be great

Fire:

Frost:

edit: By popular demand, Arcane:

Last edited by Xuvial; 2017-06-29 at 09:48 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Finally! This was overdue. Cannot wait to see Arcane ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Ar...arcane?

What's that?

>_<

arcane has some new ones too.

they all look so amazing, this is the best thing they have done in legion. i wish they'd do it for all the casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Ar...arcane?

What's that?

>_<
    Ah ah, the spec i have been playing for the whole expansion. With a decent degree of success even! Although i am not sure about ToS since RL issues have forced me out of it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ah, the spec i have been playing for the whole expansion.
    Now that's dedication :O

I added an Arcane video to OP. From what I can see, only Barrage and Explosion were given new animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Now that's dedication :O

I added an Arcane video to OP. From what I can see, only Barrage and Explosion were given new animations.
    Missiles is new as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Missiles is new as well.
    No Missles is still the old animation.

Just clarifying we're talking about the actual animations here (what the character model does with their hands), not spell/particle effects.

A huge number of spells got new effects on PTR. From what I can see - Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Explosion, Meteor, etc.

If anyone didn't notice blood elf eyes actually start to glow when you channel a spell pretty cool.

rolling a belf 7.3 or quitting my guild and become human coz kreygasm

I think it's also good to point out that, sometimes, Blizzard delivers. When they did the complete melee overhaul us casters were left out in the dump, but they promised they would have done the same for us within this expansion, wihout having for us to wait for the next.

And here it is, completely out of the blue. No announcements, no warnings... PTR hits the servers and BAM! New animations. It's a nice little surprise that i feel should be highlighted.

Deleted
    New Arcane Explosion is like:
    https://youtu.be/ezWNL9Ul3QM

I can't get it out of my head, lol.

They really look great, especially the fire ones.
    But I assume that also means we cannot expect animations that involve the equipped weapon, which they said they want to do themselves and are looking into it, anywhere in the closer future.

Here's a video where all the spell effects are shown nicely - including new Flurry and Arcane Missiles.

The AoE animation/spell details look great (especially Blizzard, Arcane Explosion, Earthquake, etc). I wonder if only the player can see it to that level of detail though, because I could see raid size AoE could be a bit too much going on.

I also really like the "slow" flurry build up look, even though you never cast it slow.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-06-29 at 05:27 PM.

I really like this new "superiorly empowered" spell animation Fire and Frost get to their main nukes... eyes glowing, appropriate aura... kinda sad that Arcane does not seem to get that, but probably it's just because they are still working on polishing things.

That new Blizzard is a work of art... from literally the worst looking AoE between all classes to the best one in a single upgrade!

the new arcane spell effects looks awesome though! missiles, barrage, and blast look amazing!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    the new arcane spell effects looks awesome though! missiles, barrage, and blast look amazing!!
    Maybe it's because I never play arcane but I didn't really notice any changes to Arcane Blast. What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    Maybe it's because I never play arcane but I didn't really notice any changes to Arcane Blast. What changed?
    I think he meant Explosion. Arcane Blast seems rather unchanged to me aswell (much to my astonishment... it would have been the first one i'd have changed, if it were for me).