Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really hope they are not done with Arcane Blast, because it is as invisible and unsatisfying as ever.

Everything else, however, is making me cry out of joy :`)
    That beautiful blizzard and those arcane missiles and the ice lance throwing and... wait, weren't they going to include the weapons in casting animations? The statsticks are forever domed to remain statsticks? Dragon Age Inquisition is a great example of casting animations involving weapons. If they are not going to be included, just let us hide them.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Does / can any1 make a video bout orc animations? Really interested in those, please.
    Male Orc I might add.

Deleted
    They look incredible but give arcane blast a projectile pleaseeee

Sadly, all the races have the same animations now.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Does / can any1 make a video bout orc animations? Really interested in those, please.
    Male Orc I might add.
    Somebody linked it earlier, it's in here.

Nothing for troll yet? Kinda want to go belf male for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Wait what??
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I believe a lot of people confuse casting animations with spell effects. Would that be accurate?

Spell effects = the visual of the spell itself. Casting animations = what the character does whilst casting said spell. I've seen people trash the whole concept entirely because the spell effect looks the same. O.o

All races have the same casting animations now.

Can't tell if its all class spells or just certain ones that are the same.

Not sure if I like that or not... But they do look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    That's what worries me about this change. Is there really nothing left of classic animations though? Not even on spells that fit the bill?

It happened for Melee, where a Tauren will do the same movement as a Gnome on many spells and some iconic animations (Dwarf male Enha shaman double-attack) disappearing in the process... But ironically enough, the Male worgen spin-animation didn't get cut.

I really want them to still keep race-specific casting stances and animations and update them from that point, rather than applying 1 size to fit all... For example, female Undead caster is my favourite. Will it disappear with these changes?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    Somebody linked it earlier, it's in here.

Nothing for troll yet? Kinda want to go belf male for once.
    Thanks but I wanted specific ORC MAGE animations, not shaman orc animations. I wanted to see how they cast specific spells. Any1 that play male orc mage halp, please? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Is there really nothing left of classic animations though?
    From what I can see, main nuke (aka filler spell) animations are the same as before i.e. unique to each race.

Only certain spell types got new animations, and those seem to be shared between races.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I didn't know how much I needed this until now

So the best looking frost cast is the one we only ever cast when its instant?

Will spend the entire raid casting flurry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's what worries me about this change. Is there really nothing left of classic animations though? Not even on spells that fit the bill?
    Trolls ka-me-ha-me-ha animation was not removed tho.

Simple spells will use the race specific casting animation we have now. 'Strong' spells will instead use a CLASS specific casting animation. As follows a mage casting pyro and a shaman casting lava burst will ise a different animation even if they are the same race. Then they also added new instant cast animations, not quite sure how they compare between races and classes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    From what I can see, main nuke (aka filler spell) animations are the same as before i.e. unique to each race.

Only certain spell types got new animations, and those seem to be shared between races.
    That is awesome to learn! I watched videos last night and I did see some of the old animations, so this is 100% a case of improvement without drawbacks then! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I really hope they are not done with Arcane Blast, because it is as invisible and unsatisfying as ever
    I've never gotten this complaint. Arcane Blast is a shock type spell, without a travel time. It's extremely difficult to imagine how to make it stand out more. If it did stand out too much it would rapidly become obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I've never gotten this complaint. Arcane Blast is a shock type spell, without a travel time. It's extremely difficult to imagine how to make it stand out more. If it did stand out too much it would rapidly become obnoxious.
    Easy. As the cast bar progresses, bright runes appear one by one around the target, culminating in a small explosion by the end of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It is great that it is a shock without travel time, one of my favorite aspects of the spell. But that doesn't mean it has to be nearly invisible on enemies and that it should be cast via a generic unimpressive animation. The caster can have a nice purplish/runic animation, sort of charging up and then this is a good idea:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Easy. As the cast bar progresses, bright runes appear one by one around the target, culminating in a small explosion by the end of the cast.
    Both the caster animation and the animation on the target can look a lot more impressive and satisfying without adding a flying projectile. Almost anything can be better than the current state where we seem like doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Arcane explosion is "Apagando Lac Luces" a.k.a. Sombra Ultimate