Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So Kawhi to LA looks dead.
    It's a long off season. And it has technically not even begun.

I'll start new thread on the 28th, cause LeBron has to opt in to his contract (or opt out...) on 29th of June at the latest. Then the 1st of July is when the offseason officially starts and free agents are free agents and people can be signed to new deals.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi Mavs didn;t just get Luka Doncic, they also got Giannis little brother, Kostas Antetokounmpo, with the 60th and last pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I be calling Dallas, little Europe now?

I also like how a few websites are saying the 76'ers picked him. edit: ah, a trade. got it.

Also, apparently the Celtics new rookie thinks the Earth is flat.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-06-22 at 04:45 AM.

Mavs got Luka omg my brain just burst when I read that. Cuban and Donnie workin that dark magic got mind control over ATL I can't believe that trade!! The Slovenian Prince is ours baby oh yeah! Brb gonna start planning the parade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Also, apparently the Celtics new rookie thinks the Earth is flat.
    We took him so Kyrie feels more at home and re-signs long term next year. Danny Ainge playing 6-D Snakes and Ladders again.

Is 6D Snakes and Ladders more complicated than Bellicheck's 4D Chess?

Also, I thought you Euros called it Chutes and Ladders? That's what my British cousins called it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is 6D Snakes and Ladders more complicated than Bellicheck's 4D Chess?

Also, I thought you Euros called it Chutes and Ladders? That's what my British cousins called it.
    Brits are weird though.

In my country it's the direct translation for Snakes and Ladders so dunno what the usual name is across europe.

NBA GM's get away with far dumber stuff than any NFL GM ever would, and often still get employed by a different team after being fired for being bad. That very rarely happens in the NFL. I'd give the advantage to Belichick I think due to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is still interested, the NBA will have it's end of season awards show tonight. Most of the awards seem pretty set, but you never know when a curve ball might happen.

It's REGULAR season rewards though so don;t expect the playoffs to boost certain players to a more prominent role in this (i.e. LeBron to MVP).

- - - Updated - - -

Ben Simmons wins Rookie of the Year over Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum.

- - - Updated - - -

Most Improved player goes to Victor Oladipo.

Defensive player of the Year goes to Rudy Gobert.

- - - Updated - - -

Lou Williams wins 6th man of the Year.

- - - Updated - - -

Dwayne Casey wins Coach fo the Year from the media as well........and still got fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, the second year player wins rookie of the year.

Those fan votes... LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-06-26 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yay, the second year player wins rookie of the year.

Those fan votes... LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...
    Yep, LeBron has ENORMOUS fanbase to vote for him for things liek this. It didn;t get him MVP though, cause that goes to James Harden.

- - - Updated - - -

"The Denver Nuggets filed paperwork to decline the team option on star Nikola Jokic’s contract late Monday night, clearing the way to sign him to what likely will be a 5-year, approximately $147 million maximum contract in July, league sources told ESPN." - Woj

Jokic getting PAID.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Brits are weird though.

In my country it's the direct translation for Snakes and Ladders so dunno what the usual name is across europe.

NBA GM's get away with far dumber stuff than any NFL GM ever would, and often still get employed by a different team after being fired for being bad. That very rarely happens in the NFL. I'd give the advantage to Belichick I think due to that.
    Yes and no, some teams are extremely smart. But then work to shoot themselves in the foot. The 76ers never should have fired Hinckey. His strategy has paved the way for them to be the next big franchise along with the other competently run Celtics. While you have teams like my Timberwolves who make dumb decisions, first trading Lavine instead of Wiggins to the Bulls. Then previously jerking Kevin Love around and then idiotic drafting like passing on Curry not once, but twice in the same draft. On the other hand you have Myers out of Golden State who does well in talent evaluation as well as RC and Popp in San Antonio. The biggest issue with the NBA is frankly the players colluding with each other to form these "super teams" But I expect that to go away during the next time union renegotiates with the league. The NBA is finally ditching a lot of the old thought processes and moving to analytics for seeing who to draft etc. It's why you are now seeing teams stubbornly refusing to give up the 2021 picks now because of the likelyhood of highschoolers once again being able to enter the draft. Eventually the Minnesota and the Sacramento's will find someone who is competent to run the franchise. Oh and we have a small forward someone can trade for, only 22 years old athletic and can score!!!! Please message Thibideoux with trade offers!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is that time of the year again, where we say good bye to the old thread and start the new thread for the next season. Thanks everyone for participating and see you in the new thread!

New thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post49632136

CLOSED.