Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    There needs to be a foul called there and it will almost always be on the defensive player for impeding the offensive players movement. Not to mention the arm wrapped around.
    A defensive player doesn’t have to move when an offensive player throws a shoulder nudge to move them. LeBron has his hand around iggys wrist and his hand around his back, iggy had his hand around LeBron as he was literally being “nudged” by LeBron, 100% offensive foul.
    Last edited by ryan11d7; 2018-06-09 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Four years of the same thing is boring.
    Yeah but at least we have this meme

................GSW wins. I updated the sheet since the 3rd quarter.

I'm so mad. Mad that fucking CP3 choked and that Houston didn't beat GSW. I was rooting so hard for Houston.

10+ Year Old Account
    So boooring

wake me up when GSW is no longer a super team.

like, GSW vs Houston and Cle vs Bos were better.

I hope CP3 stays in Houston so they can beat GSW next year.

So sad I didn't even watch todays game... that is how boring it is... I have been follow and watch the finals every year except this year.

Lol just fast forward to free agency and NFL already.

Btw not sure how good Rockets will be if LBJ goes there, he will probably turn Harden into a 23 PPG player since LBJ still want the ball more lols.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let the LeBron free agency fun begin. He'll be in Celtic green next year! (Maybe?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy fix to this "problem". Raise the max contract. If a team can't sign more than one player to the max. You wont have one team so far ahead of every other team in the league. I see no reason not to go plunk down a bet on Gsw next year. They're going to be your champions. The talent has been spread too thin in the nba.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol Lebron played the last 3 games with a broken hand lol (self inflicted after loosing game 1)
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Lol Lebron played the last 3 games with a broken hand lol (self inflicted after loosing game 1)
    Don't really know what to make of this story. It's so vague. Either his hand was broken and he couldn't have played or his hand was not broken and he played as usual (which he pretty much did). This "it was nearly broken" bullshit sounds like a pathetic excuse for losing when he didn't NEED an excuse for losing.

This is just one more entry in the Lebron saga that makes me think he's too media attention driven and soft to take a flat out series loss.

This whole thing makes me dread the offseason and it's "WHERE WILL LEBRON GO?!" frenzy. I also feel that I'd rather deal with Lebron on a great team and have to beat him than have him on the Celtics. The media frenzy and the attention he gets would just warp everything around the Celtics and I'd hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like he may have slammed his hand so hard he bruised some bones? That can feel like a break without an actual break.

Either way, that's something you play through and I dont get holding this against Lebron. bunch of sour grapes, the lot of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sounds like he may have slammed his hand so hard he bruised some bones? That can feel like a break without an actual break.

Either way, that's something you play through and I dont get holding this against Lebron. bunch of sour grapes, the lot of you.
    I think the point is that this was supposed to have happened after game 1... eight days before the press conference. For this to be the first they're hearing, after 3 more games and 8 days, and for him to call it "broken", seems to be a bit of an excuse. Were it actually broken, we'd have known about it prior to now. And by now he knows it's not "basically broken".

The suspicious part of me wants to think that it's a bit of grandstanding to preserve his value going into free agency, to distance himself a bit from this Finals sweep. Not that he really needs it, of course. Everyone with a brain realizes that LeBron was the only reason they even got to the Finals, and that they most likely would have won game 1 were it not for JR's blunder.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Spreadsheet is done.

Finals
    15/19 chose GSW.
    2/19 chose GSW in 4. (Blueobelisk, Fritters154.)

Overall, sheffield wins our prediction game with 78 points.

Faltemer was close with 76 right after him for 2nd place.
    Adp and Packers01 had 74 to tie for 3rd place.
    Pendulous, Racthoh, and Tonus all had 70 to tie for 5th place.
    PhaelixWW, SL1200, and xskarma had 68 to tie for for 8th place.

Everyone else is a loser. (Wait lol, I'm the next person on the list with 60 points. I'm the best loser I guess.) I think Crissi is the only person to play all 4 rounds to score lower than me. (Crissi had 58.) Everyone else gimped themselves by not playing all rounds, I think.

What if Lebron....retires. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What if Lebron....retires. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn.
    No way. He's going to keep playing till he holds most major longevity records and he will likely keep chasing another title as the main guy for at least 2 more years. Maybe by then he's slowed down too much to still be the no. 1 option, but I wouldn't put it past him to still be other worldly by then.

Are we going to get another special like "The Decision" like when LeBron went to Miami?

That was the moment I realized professional sports in the U.S. had become waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too corporate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Are we going to get another special like "The Decision" like when LeBron went to Miami?

That was the moment I realized professional sports in the U.S. had become waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too corporate.
    LeBron is the owner or at least large stake holder in Uninterrupted, a kind of copy of Player's Tribune except not as popular and with some more journalistic stuff. You can bet your bottom dollar he will do his reveal there.

So that's pretty corporate, yeah.

If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland he's retiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dwane Casey has reached an agreement on a 5-year deal to become the next coach of the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell ESPN." - Woj

Well well. From the Raptors to Detroit. Going to be interesting what he can do there with Drummond and Griffin.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to go over some stuff coming up soon:

21st of June: NBA Draft in NY

1st of July: Start of Free Agency and the new Basketball season

2nd of July: Start of Summer league

17th of July: End of Summer league

After that it's the long wait till training camp and preseason in late September, though there's probably going to be plenty of Free Agent stuff and trades being discussed as well. If Lebron takes his sweet time making a decision, then everything else will likely grind to a halt as well. I doubt many teams will want to make moves as long as there's a chance they might still land LeBron.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and new thread in the days shortly before 1st of July too. New year, new thread.

Here's the spreadsheet, I took it out of my signature. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Q0g/edit#gid=0