Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well I'm glad trion finally figured out the proper price for this expansion.

I feel sorry for all the people who paid for this and played it at launch when it was super broken.

Edit:
    As am aside, can anyone tell me the purpose for dungeon currency? The raid is almost as easy and drops better gear. The only reason I found to run the experts is to complete the gear leveling quests. I don't care for gambling boxes on planar fragments. God don't get me started on those annoyances.
    Last edited by Clymene; 2017-06-30 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post

I feel sorry for all the people who paid for this and played it at launch when it was super broken.

Edit:
    As am aside, can anyone tell me the purpose for dungeon currency? The raid is almost as easy and drops better gear. The only reason I found to run the experts is to complete the gear leveling quests. I don't care for gambling boxes on planar fragments. God don't get me started on those annoyances.
    Boxes aren't even worth it. Avoid lockboxes like the plague mate. Ironically it awards PvE currency so another example of pay to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ouch, the game must be doing worse than I thought.

I feel sorry for those poor souls who went and bought the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you bought the Expansion within the last 2 weeks you can get a full refund:

We are offering refunds for anyone who purchased within the last 14 days.

Many MMOGs offer previously paid content for free some time after launch. The window of time varies, but we are hoping that folks are pleased that it's going free now, rather than say, some time next year. The massive outpouring of thanks after the free POA weekend we offered last month spurred this move.

Thank you to all who supported ongoing RIFT development and operations costs by purchasing the expansion and enjoying the advance access to content. We hope that you now also enjoy playing together with your FTP friends... all back together again.
    Brasse
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5312649

Edit:

the dungeon currency is pretty much only used for the planar fragment boxes, its the only way to get some decent fragments outside of irotp

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5312649
    Yeah because LOADS of people bought it within 14 days......

If they had to go F2P that tells me barely anyone would have purchased it within 2 weeks.

Also that post heavily implies the user bought the game outside of the 14 day refund period. As did the majority who purchased it.

What does this do for the people who purchased the game back at launch when it was a bug riddled mess? Oh wait nothing.

Many MMOGs offer previously paid content for free some time after launch. The window of time varies, but we are hoping that folks are pleased that it's going free now, rather than say, some time next year. The massive outpouring of thanks after the free POA weekend we offered last month spurred this move.

Thank you to all who supported ongoing RIFT development and operations costs by purchasing the expansion and enjoying the advance access to content. We hope that you now also enjoy playing together with your FTP friends... all back together again.
    Brasse

As usual all Brasse did is say "here refund" and ignores those who are actually annoyed about the swift F2P transition.

Laughed harder than I should at the bolded part. Again this should have been another F2P expansion. B2P just showed them they actually have to design a game and not throw out what Starfall was as a quick cash grab.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-30 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    That's nice and all... but seems rather useless to someone who only made it to level 16 (or something) before being bored enough to just stop logging into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    That's nice and all... but seems rather useless to someone who only made it to level 16 (or something) before being bored enough to just stop logging into the game.
    Most people I know did get to 60. They just hate the grind to 65. And from someone who levelled in Starfall it's atrocious. You can't ding 70 purely through story unless you throw down some money and get the best XP pots. And even then I've heard people conking out a 69. The levelling isn't even hard it's just a mindless chore from 60-70.

As of yet, I don't think there is a proper use for them, I ended up getting a full set of armour pieces from my first couple of dungeon runs so they were useless by the time I'd gotten enough of them to actually buy anything. They may be nice for patching in any holes, but thats about the extent of their use.

Also, for those of you wanting to learn how to deal with criticism as calmly and effectively as Trion do I present to you this handy dandy guide;

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    That is a lot money.

0 people bought it last 2 weeks.
    That is 0 dollar lost !

Seriously, the developers don't get it.
    Unlike SWTOR, LOTR and FF14, it doesn't have a brand name to attract big whales.

Boring quests like "collect 20 xxx" and "kill 20 yyy" don't either.

Before nightmare tide, I know something is wrong when leveling from 50 to 60.
    Nightmare tide and Prophecy of Ahnket leveling are even worse.

My guess is that lots of people bought these XP boosts.
    It is a big income.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-06-30 at 11:49 AM.

Ouch, that can't be good. I'm really disappointed they're going back to the f2p model, it's done so much to damage the game. Every time I see a post for Rift, the future of the game just looks worse and worse. I really try to not be a doomsayer on the forums about games in general, but it really isn't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Most people I know did get to 60. They just hate the grind to 65. And from someone who levelled in Starfall it's atrocious. You can't ding 70 purely through story unless you throw down some money and get the best XP pots. And even then I've heard people conking out a 69. The levelling isn't even hard it's just a mindless chore from 60-70.

I had patron and used 2 xp pots. After completing all the quests (including carnages), I was still short of 70 and did a few of the new terrible celestial tales finish off. That fact kills my desire to level any of my alts and desire to even log in. I guess trion will sell the level 70 boost soon enough.

Rift developers are just too greedy.

Leveling should be painless and "free".
    This will attract people to make more alts, etc.

Then charge people on end game gear.

These PvE currency are completely useless.
    I guess it forces people to buy gear via real money.

I run a level 62 dungeon and get a level 60 gear.
    The whole game makes people feel less rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Ouch, that can't be good. I'm really disappointed they're going back to the f2p model, it's done so much to damage the game. Every time I see a post for Rift, the future of the game just looks worse and worse. I really try to not be a doomsayer on the forums about games in general, but it really isn't looking good.
    F2P model throughout NT is the reason the game is in the state it's in.

F2P model throughout NT is the reason the game is in the state it's in.
    Yup, and returning to it before you give the B2P model a full run does a massive disservice to the game. They give any reasons as to why they're returning to it?

Yup, and returning to it before you give the B2P model a full run does a massive disservice to the game. They give any reasons as to why they're returning to it?
    Nope. I'm still betting this didn't sell as well as they hoped and that by going back to F2P will basically give them an excuse to go full on moronic with the cash grabbing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-01 at 05:36 PM.

The only thing that has done damage to Rift is Trion themselves not it going f2p.

Ontopic: Just wow, The expansion is barely half a year old and it went f2p. Unless Trion figures out something Rift is heading to its grave. I guess it wasn't a good idea to go P2W and shit on your playbase.

Who Knew......

- - - Updated - - -

Likley massive lack in sells and people leaving due to lack of content. This "Expansion" barely qualifies as a content patch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only thing that has done damage to Rift is Trion themselves not it going f2p.

Ontopic: Just wow, The expansion is barely half a year old and it went f2p. Unless Trion figures out something Rift is heading to its grave. I guess it wasn't a good idea to go P2W and shit on your playbase.

Who Knew......

- - - Updated - - -

Likley massive lack in sells and people leaving due to lack of content. This "Expansion" barely qualifies as a content patch.
    Ironically it's not just bonus rolls that made it P2W. Lockboxes can contain PvE currency which upgrade gear and allow you to buy gear.

Ironically it's not just bonus rolls that made it P2W. Lockboxes can contain PvE currency which upgrade gear and allow you to buy gear.
    Also selling gear slots for RL $$$....

I'm cool with say selling gear that is like 2 tiers ago or even a tier ago (if the current has been out quite awhile) as a catch up system. But locking Souls,Slots,Tokens and the Lockboxes behind a $$$ wall is P2W as fuck.

Wanna top tier raid, better fork up that money. Who am I kidding, top tier raiding is dead in this "Expansion" since there isn't one lol.

(And I say this as someone who is 100% ok with the token system in Runescape, where u can buy ur way to god gear lol).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD