10+ Year Old Account

Rift 4.2 - Celestial storm Coming July 19th?

This appeared on everyone's Trion Account page for Rift, possibly unintended as the link just goes to a 'page not found' address, still it might be legit and points to 4.2 in just 3 weeks time.

- - - Updated - - -

The Rift Community blog just got updated with more details of what to expect in three weeks time with Rift 4.2 - Celestial Storm.

The Celestial Storm strikes on July 19th, 2017!
    Here are the key highlights, which we’ll present in more depth in blogs and livestreams as we march toward launch:

Vostigar Peaks, a new overland zone with new questlines and several fascinating points of interest.
    Tartaric Depths Normal Mode
    New Raid Rifts
    New Instant Adventure
    New creatures
    Four new Primalist Souls, free to anyone who already owns the Primalist Calling. The Ascended Essentials Pack is a great way to gain ALL the souls!
    ⦁ Mystic
    ⦁ Farseer
    ⦁ Predator
    ⦁ Primal Lord
    As was speculated and hinted at, Crucia returns to Rift with her eye on Ahnket's magic and the new zone Vostigar Peaks will feature running battles between colossi on both sides.

A new prophecy…

Clouds of magic flow around the entity, swirling and dark. She has been watching from afar, slowly building her forces and honing them for war. At first, she thought the Ascended might defeat Ahnket for her, but clearly they are not up to the task.

“Pathetic creatures,” she sneers as she watches yet another piched battle between Ahnket’s constructs and the Telarans. They are not moving swiftly enough, and her patience is at an end. Her desire is focused on the Tenebrean magitech perfected by Ahnket.

She sweeps off to review the ships of her fleet. They must attack NOW!

Full blog at http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/?...medium=article
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2017-06-29 at 03:55 PM.

What a shock Crucia again.......

So basically the last bit of launch content? Took them what 8 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What a shock Crucia again.......

So basically the last bit of launch content? Took them what 8 months?
    Yeah, I chuckled at Slips OP when he said "In just 3 weeks." Just 3 weeks? It's content that was promised at launch, finally here, 7 months later. It's not "in just three weeks", it's, "In three weeks we finally get..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, I chuckled at Slips OP when he said "In just 3 weeks." Just 3 weeks? It's content that was promised at launch, finally here, 7 months later. It's not "in just three weeks", it's, "In three weeks we finally get..."
    They've also made the entire expansion F2P again from 4.2 - I got a mail about it like 5 minutes ago - hence why I came here as I knew Trion's (allegedly) contracted marketing guy, Slipmat would come here posting.

So, basically, content promised at launch is [EDIT: removed "released"] FINALLY coming in 3 weeks and they make it F2P again - after 8 months from release? Expect the usual server downtimes and crashes.

I wonder how many victims, er, I mean "patrons" Trion still have subbing to RIFT?

Of course, the balancing still isn't done - the few in-game "raids" still buggy. Numerous other bugs still remain. Puzzled exactly as to what type of game RIFT actually is now. Is it a walking simulator?

Reading forums last - Classes aren't balanced. Bugs in game. Like 120 people in the world-wide raid progression community.

How do you even design stuff when nothing's balanced?

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy - a game with such a bad rep they decided to change the name - should have rather gone with RIFT: Walking Simulator and Dimension Maker.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-06-29 at 06:14 PM.

I'll check out the new souls and the new zone. Can't say I'm incredibly excited for the new zone considering it should've been live a long time ago. I really this isn't the new plan for Trion. Take an expansion and everything that should've been at launch and then parse it out over the expansion's patch cycles. See there's no mention of any real problems anyways, and they're going back to the f2p model. Really disappointed there.

Guess I'll just give it a pass again. Maybe it's time to pull the plug on the life support?