Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    i fail to see the problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/health...-bn/index.html

Rather disturbing. We can only hope public opinion changes so that the law can be reversed. Why in the world are we encouraging this?
    We can only hope that people like you never will decide over other humans lives. You seem to be cruel and value your opinion over theirs even when it doesn't concern you at all and is in fact bringing pain and suffering on them the afflicted and their families/friends.

I agree with the OP, it's just immoral !
    As such, I hope he'll get a lengthy painful cancer while being paralyzed from the neck down, so he'll be able to enjoy years of life without euthanasia and lead people through example.

Quote Originally Posted by chocbear View Post
    That's the thing there isn't a choice for a peaceful end, it is prolonged torture for those people to be alive. The choice is simple live in agonizing pain for X amount of months/years or have a choice to come to the same outcome without the agonizing pain.

You think these choices would be made if there was a way to prolongs their life without the pain? Of course not but if there isn't we should have no right to not give them what they want a painless end to a torture.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Sounds like quite a slippery slope. How long before people try to get the disabled, the poor or mentally ill to follow suit?
    If doctors are found encouraging that in non-terminal cases then we address that when we get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Well said. When I was younger I had to watch my great aunt suffer with cancer, she degraded over time to the point where the simple act of breathing was agonising to her, I still remember her raspy, laboured breathing, and the look in her eyes, she had had enough, all she knew every day was pain and struggle, and I remember thinking to myself even at that young age, that it was unfair and unjust to keep her alive in this state.

Tennisace, now I speak directly to you, you are advocating a world where the helpless and sick die in agony, you are supporting an existence for these people of prolonged torment, you think it is within your rights to to dictate to others how they should die, you think yourself righteous I suppose, think you're helping people?

You are helping no one. You are a hypocrite, and I could not have more contempt for you.
    Don't flame me dude. It's sad that you have to spew such hate against someone because they have a different opinion to you. An opinion shared by most of the world if we look at the legality of this practice.

Additionally, I have never spewed such hate at another poster on here. Going to ignore you to avoid further disappointment.