Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock Spell Animations confirmed not in 7.3 but in 7.3.5 or later.

Twitter:

Pyromancer:
    Any Warlock spell animation updates in the works? You could do something incredible with Chaos Bolt. Please <3

WarcraftDevs
    Yep! We're working on updated Warlock effects as well, they just won't be ready for 7.3.

Deleted
    This might only be slightly related, but;

With the amount of demons around lately one cannot help, but wish for more pet-customization...
    I know there's glyphs enabling us to switch between 2 versions of minions, but that seems just too little.

I mean, as a demo warlock (on my alt) i basically get the choice between:
    a) an outdated demon pet with a weapon of my choice
    b) a newer demon pet with an outdated weapon model

There's a shitload of different demons in the universe of Azeroth; it's about time they give locks the customization/choice hunters have with their pets...

Confirmation that they are still in the works is all I wanted. I can wait

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The Glyph of Wrathguard has the Glyph of Felguard glyph baked in. It also chooses a random weapon from your bags, or should at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    The Glyph of Wrathguard has the Glyph of Felguard glyph baked in. It also chooses a random weapon from your bags, or should at least.
    Ahh... appears to be a 7.2 addition... awesome!

Regardless; seeing all those felguard models from Argus makes my demo-lock drool.

Deleted

With the amount of demons around lately one cannot help, but wish for more pet-customization...
    I know there's glyphs enabling us to switch between 2 versions of minions, but that seems just too little.

There's a shitload of different demons in the universe of Azeroth; it's about time they give locks the customization/choice hunters have with their pets...
    People started asking for updated demons in Burning Crusade and suggested that the expansion itself provided all the models we would wish for, e.g. the Voidlord, and Shivarra as replacements for the void and succubus pets

As I recall that's exactly whatthey did...several expansions later.

Likewise, Legion is an expansin full of demons but warlocks still have the same old ones, albeit with jigged up skins. The succubus remodel was astrange choice, sinc eit is by farthe least used demon - in PVE you just don;t use it, ever (I wish it was the affliction one, Lash of Pain fits better imho than the damn dog)

Demonology being restricted to two dog, a handful of imps and a felguard, does not feel like a "master of demons" at all. You feel like you are only a master of the very lowest forms of demons, hardly a "master" at all, you should feel like you are able to summon and command mighty, monstrous demons, to bend the Legion to your will.

All warlocks hsould be able to summon impressive demons, and dmeo locks particularly. They should be able to command a pit lord at the very least. The only time we got a variety was a passive effect from the WOD tier armour bonus (and what fun that was in the prepatch with dozens and dozens of them runnign around lol)

OUr demons should be impressive, wielding flaming swords, have armour and shields...you know, just like virtually all of them do in world content. What sort of "master of demons" cannot even, apparently, command the sort of grunt troops the Legion has all over the Broken Isles?

I don;t see why warlocks cannot tame wild demons. It's exactly what hunters have been able to do like forever, and apparently the huge variety of pets and abilities hasn;t broken anything or made balancing them impossible.

You could even make it the same basic pet and "capturing" just means you apply a new skin. It would add interest to demo at least, to be able to go into world content and hunt demons to your taste.

Some of the Legion demons look great, then you look atthe felguard and think "boring. And weak".

Modern computers have nothing like the restrictions that applied ten or even five years ago. Even the mostmodest client would be able to supportdemon pets with flaming swords, shining with fel effects, even in raids. I get that they are concerned about big demons obscuring the field, but demo at the very least needs to feel closer to it;s core fantasy as a master summoner, I mean, why the heck is the Pit Lord a PVP only thing|?

As for affliction, all you ever do is wave your hands a get a faint glow most of the time. The only thing that is visually impressive is Reap, and the ghost souls tend to be as much annoying as anything else, particularly as afaik no one else sees them.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-06-30 at 08:54 AM.

Well, if Blizzard had a brain cell between the development team they would realize the best thing to do for Warlocks is to simply have Enslave Demon behave like Tame Beast. It would allow Warlocks to choose the demon they want to use instead of being pidgeonholed into using the same one over and over and over again. Adding more glyphs won't accomplish anything other than forcing us to spend more than any other class to have a modicum of variety.

hey would realize the best thing to do for Warlocks is to simply have Enslave Demon behave like Tame Beast. It would allow Warlocks to choose the demon they want to use instead of being pidgeonholed into using the same one over and over and over again.
    Back during Wrath or Cataclysm when someone asked Ghostcrawler about this he said and comparisons between Warlocks and Hunters he said that it was a deliberate decision because they wanted to make sure there was clear differences between the two classes. There have been a lot of design and philosophy changes since then - but I do think they want to make sure there are clear differences between how each class interacts with pets.

And for whatever reason they seem to want to tie specific pets to specific specs. I know they started to get away from that a bit in the past couple expansions but the pendulum has swung back that way.
    Last edited by Jaman; 2017-06-30 at 01:30 PM.

This is the same confirmation like confirmation that they will look into missing MG animation?

Or maybe something similar like doubling down on strengths and doint completely opposite thing by nerfing survivability for all specs?

Or maybe recent AMA when they admitted that affliction simply cannot kill totems or stop flag capping and they will look into it, and they only next thing to follow was 25% nerf to dots and nerf to gateway mastery without any survivability buff? (oh they buffed vers template by 10%, but 10% of 4% is ~6% vers which is additional 0.5% damage reduction, meanwhile shadow priests have 24% versality in template paired with -20% physical damage from armor and -20% from shadow form have some direct damage/mobility, better def cd, stronger dots and slow)

Don't trust them, they can say anything and then just say that they changed their minds like they do all the time. Simply as that they decided to make new animations for mages and shadow priests while their spell already have some new visuals and what we have? Agony skull from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The succubus remodel was astrange choice, sinc eit is by farthe least used demon -
    I got the impression that a lot of it was because they wanted to update the skins of many demons since they were going to be used heavily as mobs in WoD, so they decided to update them for the warlocks as well. I.e. they were going to update the baseline Doomguard and Imp skins anyway so you might as well update the warlock pets as well. I don't remember seeing a lot of succubi in WoD though.

It's a little misleading to imply any animation updates will be in 7.3.5. Yes it's possible - but "won't be ready for 7.3" could mean 8.2 just as easily.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shitting on Warlocks again. They probably feel they paid too much attention to us or that the demonology "revamp" (lol@that) or even the new glyphs work as a nice excuse for delaying the new animations.

Deleted
    Originally demolocks had a brand-new demon, with a new model created for Legion, in it's 100 talents.

This was the Inquisitor, when you summoned it, it fired frostbolts.

Then they took it out and replaced it with that shitty eyeball thing that's just an Observer knockoff firing eyelasers.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Well, if Blizzard had a brain cell between the development team they would realize the best thing to do for Warlocks is to simply have Enslave Demon behave like Tame Beast. It would allow Warlocks to choose the demon they want to use instead of being pidgeonholed into using the same one over and over and over again. Adding more glyphs won't accomplish anything other than forcing us to spend more than any other class to have a modicum of variety.
    That would be fucking AWESOME!! So many amazing Demon varieties out there. If people keep giving feedback of wanting this, perhaps it shall happen?

I mean, people used to say that "Hunters will never be able to carry more than 5 pets because reasons!" once upon a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Shitting on Warlocks again. They probably feel they paid too much attention to us or that the demonology "revamp" (lol@that) or even the new glyphs work as a nice excuse for delaying the new animations.
    Or it's just a case of animations and spell effects not being ready, rather than them making a decision to "shit" on warlocks (including those playing the class among the devs)...

But people never miss a chance to feel offended these days.

From a "lore" point of view, Warlocks don't tame their demons, they enslave them after a ritual (like you had to do back them with a smal chain for every demon, unlike now that you get them as you level up). So I understand why we can't "tame" any demon we see, we just use the ones we got back then or we can enslave any other demon for a brief amount of time. And I like it that way.

That said, I wouldn't mind being able to pick what kind or color of imp/succubus/voidwalker/felhunter/felguard you enslave if you perform that ritual (or at least the last part) as a requirement, just to keep that very cool aspect of the warlock class and to make it sense lorewise.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would be fucking AWESOME!! So many amazing Demon varieties out there. If people keep giving feedback of wanting this, perhaps it shall happen?

I mean, people used to say that "Hunters will never be able to carry more than 5 pets because reasons!" once upon a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it's just a case of animations and spell effects not being ready, rather than them making a decision to "shit" on warlocks (including those playing the class among the devs)...

But people never miss a chance to feel offended these days.
    Yeah, but why EVERY other class is ready (kk some SP animations aren't yet, but will be released at 7.3 anyway) and warlocks not? Why did they choose to omit a class entirely? Doesn't that feel offensive?

And if you played a warlock, you'd know how they treated them the whole expansion, with back and forths, silly choices, silly fixes, then nerfs to balance those etc.
    /spit@Blizzard

I don't see demon taming ever happening as it's too similar to Hunter "fantasy", but a demon model transmog system might. Glyphs and talents alone can never do warlock pet customization justice.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Yeah, but why EVERY other class is ready (kk some SP animations aren't yet, but will be released at 7.3 anyway) and warlocks not? Why did they choose to omit a class entirely? Doesn't that feel offensive?

And if you played a warlock, you'd know how they treated them the whole expansion, with back and forths, silly choices, silly fixes, then nerfs to balance those etc.
    I can 100% say that I don't feel offended in the slightest by that crap.

It's just a simple case of time. An offense would've been for them to give other classes new effects, and NOT give Warlocks anything. I play Warlock in and M+.

7+ Year Old Account

or they could just make "Enslave demon" work like "tame beast" and put demons in pet schools like hunters have with their pet families

- - - Updated - - -

same thing as with blood elves
    would you rather they hold back releasing the game? or just say "hey this one wont be ready for abit longer"

also it is easier for them to do 100% of 5/6 classes instead of doing 80% of 6 classes, cause then that 20% of each class left just looks akward in comparison

yes i know how they have been treating us
    fel temptress stuck on a super rare drop and you need 3...
    wrathguard not in game till 7.2
    ember shard rare dropp off kiljaden and fel shards we still dont know what the hell it comes from
    we need more pet customization, colour of the pet would be nice, i want a black felhunter maybe, etc.

but this is not a problem, i rather have them take longer and get it right, then to hold back the patch or rush shit
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's just more proof (as if we needed any) of the utter contempt they have for us. They not only ignored us, they also spent time and effort removing spells and animations from us.

Anyone who believes this promise will amount to anything soon is kidding themselves.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I can 100% say that I don't feel offended in the slightest by that crap.

It's just a simple case of time. An offense would've been for them to give other classes new effects, and NOT give Warlocks anything. I play Warlock in and M+.
    Wow, so the fact that they removed effects for Warlocks to give to mages totally eludes you. The fact that they gave us glyphs that are useless (like the succubi glyphs, noone uses those pets because of fucking class fantasy) also totally eludes you. Nice, you seem quite informed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i rather have them take longer and get it right, then to hold back the patch or rush shit
    This doesn't make sense. If you rather take them longer to make it right, then you shouldn't object to hold back the patch.

I don't give a damn about the patch. There's no reason to omit a whole class from the spell animation revamps. None.
    /spit@Blizzard