Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I don't give a damn about the patch. There's no reason to omit a whole class from the spell animation revamps. None.
    Clearly they are out to get warlocks and you specifically. I am sure they totally could do it, but decided not to do it because they hate warlocks, right?

Sounds completely reasonable and not another kiddy rage on lock forums, no sir!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Clearly they are out to get warlocks and you specifically. I am sure they totally could do it, but decided not to do it because they hate warlocks, right?

Sure, your assumptions definitely decrypt Blizzard's and my secret agenda. Damn! You got me and them with one fell swoop. Thank fanbois for their great preception.
    /spit@Blizzard

Wow, so the fact that they removed effects for Warlocks to give to mages totally eludes you. The fact that they gave us glyphs that are useless (like the succubi glyphs, noone uses those pets because of fucking class fantasy) also totally eludes you. Nice, you seem quite informed.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't make sense. If you rather take them longer to make it right, then you shouldn't object to hold back the patch.

I don't give a damn about the patch. There's no reason to omit a whole class from the spell animation revamps. None.
    It doesn't elude me, I just don't consider it to be something they do specifically to be mean towards warlock players. I am plenty informed, thank you very much.

If the spell effect changes won't be done to the standard they want by the time 7.3 rolls in, I take it as just that. I won't sit and feel personally targeted by them. Same as how they didn't hold Blood elves back to fuck with people playing belf characters in WoD.

They have far more insight in regards to reasons for holding back changes and content than you'll ever have, so I'm more inclined to believe them than over some random forumgoer sporting a massive victim complex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

His mentality explains why so many people seem to be so offended by anything the devs do though.

I'd be unstable too if I were convinced that an entire line of game developers made decisions based on how much they'd screw me over in the process.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 07:08 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    So nice you two seem to know better at why Blizzard does stuff, but others don't. It's like... you know, your opinions are more informed, more rational, more right than anyone else's... because you said them. Clearly others have to be wrong, victim complexes, delusional about being personally targetted by Blizzard devs etc.

No need to discuss more.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    So nice you two seem to know better at why Blizzard does stuff, but others don't. It's like... you know, your opinions are more informed, more rational, more right than anyone else's... because you said them. Clearly others have to be wrong, victim complexes, delusional about being personally targetted by Blizzard devs etc.

No need to discuss more.
    For once you are right.

Nice sig, btw. Clearly rational thinker right there.

Deleted
    Yeah, we should be able to get permanent demons just like hunters get their pets.

Sure, your assumptions definitely decrypt Blizzard's and my secret agenda. Damn! You got me and them with one fell swoop. Thank fanbois for their great preception.
    Did this [REDACTED] seriously use the word "fanbois" unironically?

I didn't think edgy 13 year olds played this game.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-08-18 at 09:39 PM.
    Resident BM Asshole

wow. you are such a moron. i can't believe somebody can be so stupid to belive this shit. maybe you should read the stuff you're typing before posting it.

anyways. maybe we are last because our update is larger? maybe we actually get some new demons. i wonder if we will ever get a taming-like system or anything similar. it's really sad and such a waste that we only have this poor selection of basic demons.

Deleted
    Warlocks get nice things too. Look at the class mounts for example. Many classes only got one mount which then may or may not change colors based on your spec. Meanwhile warlocks and hunters got three (rogues and paladins four) different variations you can use anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Warlocks get nice things too. Look at the class mounts for example. Many classes only got one mount which then may or may not change colors based on your spec. Meanwhile warlocks and hunters got three (rogues and paladins four) different variations you can use anytime you want.
    It's a skeletal horse. Having three colors you can freely change between doesn't change how uncreative it is.

Maybe they did it on purpose because they know the warlock community gets butthurt at the drop of a hat and they think it's fun to mess with you.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would be fucking AWESOME!! So many amazing Demon varieties out there. If people keep giving feedback of wanting this, perhaps it shall happen?

I mean, people used to say that "Hunters will never be able to carry more than 5 pets because reasons!" once upon a time.
    In this case, I firmly believe it will never happen. These past two expansions have shown us that Blizzard is more concerned about removing spells/mechanics from us than giving us something that would make the class infinitely more enjoyable. Legion has been all about demons and yet the most uninteresting, least represented class are Warlocks.

Deleted
    I wish they'd make affliction visually more exciting. It's mostly waving your hands and getting barely visible purple glows. The Agony floating skull that appears briefly hasn;t changed like it seems forever (personally I think we should have one of those "slash attack" animations on top, or the skull stays and drops crap over the target or something. Why doesn;t Malefic Grasp have the err, Malefic Grasp animation - I guess because they think is that it is still Drain Soul empowered by a talen, or something. Drain Soul itself isn;t bad, and the Reap effect is probably the best bit. Ambivanelt about the ghost we see, afaik no one else sees them.

But demonology...that needs a whole revamp. It's just crazy that a master of demons can only in fact command the lowest level grunts, why is the Fel Lord limited to PVP? Im encouraged by the devs explicitly mentioning this...but I;m not holding my breath.

Demo is a clear and obvious front-runner as the warlock spec that needs a revamp, and has been marked for such by the devs themselves, and yet, nothing really seems to happen to it. I don;t think they really know what to do with it. Giving it more and better demons would be a good start though. How about giving it the inquisitor back as a ranged alternative to the felguard for one...?

It's because they haven't finished removing abilities from locks - why update animations for spells that we will no longer have come 7.3.5? [/s]

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I wish they'd make affliction visually more exciting. It's mostly waving your hands and getting barely visible purple glows. The Agony floating skull that appears briefly hasn;t changed like it seems forever (personally I think we should have one of those "slash attack" animations on top, or the skull stays and drops crap over the target or something. Why doesn;t Malefic Grasp have the err, Malefic Grasp animation - I guess because they think is that it is still Drain Soul empowered by a talen, or something. Drain Soul itself isn;t bad, and the Reap effect is probably the best bit. Ambivanelt about the ghost we see, afaik no one else sees them.

But demonology...that needs a whole revamp. It's just crazy that a master of demons can only in fact command the lowest level grunts, why is the Fel Lord limited to PVP? Im encouraged by the devs explicitly mentioning this...but I;m not holding my breath.

Demo is a clear and obvious front-runner as the warlock spec that needs a revamp, and has been marked for such by the devs themselves, and yet, nothing really seems to happen to it. I don;t think they really know what to do with it. Giving it more and better demons would be a good start though. How about giving it the inquisitor back as a ranged alternative to the felguard for one...?
    More spells like old haunt, not visually overwhelming but still something more than hand gestures.

Sigh, it's funny reading the usual blizzard defenders coming out saying "they're just not done to the right standard yet" and "i just want them to be done right, i dont care how long". The thing is, the reason they're "not done just right yet" is because they prioritized everyone else. Clearly it's easier(and much higher priority) to completely redo 3 mage specs than it is to do even 1 warlock spec. It's not that they are out to persecute warlocks, they just couldn't give a damn about us and we're a very low priority for the allocation of resources (unless it involves hotfix nerfs).

I'm sure once they get around to changing one or two warlock animations it will be amazing, and show months of extra work.

Being the last one sucks, but I think is because the overall revamp demon will get, with new demons etc for all the warlocks. Dont expect it until 8.0

Good. I am glad they are taking longer to work on them. They not only need new effects, but new sounds as well, and that takes time. I'll say the same thing I said about blood elf models. Taking more time for the sake of high quality is better then rushing things out for the sake of a release date.

Still waiting for the real burning embers back though, Blizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    With all the new demon models, green fire etc, you guys were the last caster who needed an update
    New demon models?
    Where where can i find them please tell me o wise one because i don´t seem to find them on my lock.
    The green fire quest was a different COLOUR for some of our spells.
    And the whole pruning and gifing it to other classes thing...
    But shure we warlocks don´t deserve a update nooo every other class expect us warlocks...

God sometimes i really wonder how some people are even able to breath with only 2 braincells in the thing which they call their head.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    wow. you are such a moron. i can't believe somebody can be so stupid to belive this shit. maybe you should read the stuff you're typing before posting it.

anyways. maybe we are last because our update is larger? maybe we actually get some new demons. i wonder if we will ever get a taming-like system or anything similar. it's really sad and such a waste that we only have this poor selection of basic demons.
    I return your comment back to you. If you actually read the "conversation" (i'm doing a favor to the fanbois replying here naming their answers like that) you'd see i never made any conspiracy claims. Spend some time to click the quote links back to my first post in this thread, where i suggested a possible reason for shitting on warlocks. It's THEM that interpreted my dislike against Blizzard for omitting Warlocks on the spell animations as a consipracy. Even in the post you quoted me (and you failed to detect the sarcasm to the fanbois) i say it clearly : "Your ASSUMPTIONS".

Now go back and read what i originally posted and apologise, or keep on the fanboi train. Whatever.

I love that my signature triggers fanbois to reply. Works like a charm
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-07-01 at 12:16 PM.
    /spit@Blizzard