Page 1 of 3
LastLast

1 AM, 15 lose streak....

Sigh, I really need to just uninstall, this is getting rediculous, i'd like to sleep.

Rule of thumb: Take a break after losing 2 or 3 in a row. It's very easy to get tilted without realizing it's happening.

On top of that, playing at night is very hit and miss. You either get amazing players who are really tryharding after "all the kiddies go to bed". Or you get people who are literally made of nothing but salt and thrown games. Recognizing which is which on any given day is a judgment call for you to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Rule of thumb: Take a break after losing 2 or 3 in a row. It's very easy to get tilted without realizing it's happening.

On top of that, playing at night is very hit and miss. You either get amazing players who are really tryharding after "all the kiddies go to bed". Or you get people who are literally made of nothing but salt and thrown games. Recognizing which is which on any given day is a judgment call for you to make.
    This. There are almost no equal games late night/morning - all very short domination games due to leavers/bots/drunks/trolls or all of those.

When I have night shift I usually play on US instead of EU - shorter que times and mostly better games (even though its still US games :P)
    2.0 helped to fill the character pool on my US account nicely.

Change who you're playing, or your whole group plays in that case?

I was just playing for a few hours between 10pm-2am. Probably got like 8-12 games in (wasn't really counting) and I'd say we won as much as we lost....had a couple blowouts but I'd say most of them were pretty evenly balanced games.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    I agree qm is just not fun anymore. It used to be about 50/50 win rate there, no its been more like 10/90. I dont know what the hell is up there, someone said thers a lot of new players trying to get loot chests, you get to see incompetence beyond your imagination and constantly pray you had landed on the opposite team. So i have to choose now between this or hero leagues, where you get good matches but the wait time is like 5-10 min per match. Fuck this.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2017-04-29 at 05:49 PM.

I exclusively play QM (or AI when I need to feel better about myself) and it seems much like Overwatch it all averages out to a 50/50 win and lose ratio for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I exclusively play QM (or AI when I need to feel better about myself) and it seems much like Overwatch it all averages out to a 50/50 win and lose ratio for me.
    Ya I have had some really umm.... interesting team mates as of late. I wont say it drops my W/L rateo by much if at all, but it always feels really bad when you end up with "those guys". My worst example that happened recently was on the dragon shire, we had a 4B/1T split with me on top lane VS an enemy 2B/1M/2T. by the 10 minute mark we where still split 4B/1T vs 2B/1M/2T with the beacons still activated, B lane still had the enemy fort alive at 50% hp with all team my team mates had a K/D ratio of 1K/2-3D by the 15 minute mark we where so far under leveled that with one big push they just walked in and steam rolled us. was a new experience for me to have a DS with no dragon knight, I almost felt like asking if my allies thought they had joined a Vs beginner AI game or something.

I feel like the MMR calculator was broken with 2.0.... I have experienced this with both extreme win streaks and lose streaks. I see a LOT of players that just aren't at my skill level.

My biggest complaint about QM currently is when me + 4 other randoms get placed against a 4 man team + 1 random.

Yea...

I'd gladly take a longer queue time for that shit not to happen. I'm alt-tabbed anyhow why I wait.

It doesn't happen often but on occasion I even get 5 randoms vs 5 man team. Total BS.

I need help too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerlol View Post

I need help too...
    Ouch... my sympathies there, you do seem to switch a lot between characters though, depending on your rank it may help a lot to just main 3-4 heroes that you are really comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    I agree qm is just not fun anymore. It used to be about 50/50 win rate there, no its been more like 10/90. I dont know what the hell is up there, someone said thers a lot of new players trying to get loot chests, you get to see incompetence beyond your imagination and constantly pray you had landed on the opposite team. So i have to choose now between this or hero leagues, where you get good matches but the wait time is like 5-10 min per match. Fuck this.
    And you think they all end up in your team? The lols I'm having right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My biggest complaint about QM currently is when me + 4 other randoms get placed against a 4 man team + 1 random.

Yea...

I'd gladly take a longer queue time for that shit not to happen. I'm alt-tabbed anyhow why I wait.

It doesn't happen often but on occasion I even get 5 randoms vs 5 man team. Total BS.
    The matchmaking is indeed made of shit, puke and fat. I also like how it's always trying to make mirror matches and if you play a support, they give you more support, but if you're not a support, you don't get any support in your team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you have have to stop playing when you lose so much. Just stop and leave your computer and do something else.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I think the game trying to tell me to uninstall it... i lost like 5 rank within 1 week...

Or to play more supports.

The problem is only about huge players skill difference on the same rank. You can't rank up becuse silent team force you to play what's left so you can't rly carry.

i got 2 accounts one on master atm with player level 170 - sad no all heroes, no skins or mounrts and second in platinium hell with 400 player level. I can't rank up from platinium xD i just had only azmodan player (rly only) who was silent all the time just pushing lans, ignoring objectives so we were left 4v5. Oh he also died many times on lane vs falstad

Deleted
    The huge swings sometimes get to me too. Sometimes for days/weeks, and I'm not sure it's just all down to me getting tilted. My last loss streak was basically the whole November/December 2016, when I had like 30% winrate over 50-70 games. No matter what I did, Li Li, Malfu, Ming, Jaina, Nova, Sylv, ETC, ranked, QM, everything. Every second game someone was muted or completely AFK, nobody laning, or the comp was straight up bad. Because the same thing happened to me a year earlier, I didn't think it affected my mindset too much, but still, you never know.

Obviously, sometimes I get the ridiculous win streaks, too. In season 2 I got ranked Platinum 1 by just playing Li Li (won all 10 games). Which is just stupid, I consider myself a gold player at best, and ranked perhaps even worse, because the draft is just a huge mystery to me. So in the end I literally could not play ranked for the rest of the season. Thanks match making.

My overall winrate is 51-52%, so I see it evens out. But sometimes MMR just feels wrong, not just for a couple of games.

What could also mess you up in QM are tricky to play free heroes. For example, when Nova or Aba are free, consider playing them, just so noone else in your team can.

Above all, I wish Varian and Zarya were considered tanks, and Sonya just a melee warrior/assassin. For someone who doesn't tank it feels like this makes bad RNG worse. So by that logic, play Varian, and you might get an opponent without a frontline when nothing else works...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    Ouch... my sympathies there, you do seem to switch a lot between characters though, depending on your rank it may help a lot to just main 3-4 heroes that you are really comfortable with.
    Then what do you reply to people who blame you for "comfort picks"? More like 10 "comfort" heroes seems really necessary even for gold.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-05-07 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    Then what do you reply to people who blame you for "comfort picks"? More like 10 "comfort" heroes seems really necessary even for gold.
    Even in Diamond/Masters you can easily get away with maining 3-4 heroes. If people are forcing you to play something that you are not able to play to the same skill level as the rest of the team then you will be the reason why the team will lose anyway, since most of the games played are decided by which team has the weakest link. I am #114 Grand Master at the moment on the EU servers and I mainly played Zeratul, Nazeebo, Sonya, Valla and Dehaka. Those 5 heroes were used in 57% of my games this season and my winrate of those heroes is between 75-90%. When I tried picking heroes that were requested by the rest of my team I got 7 heroes with between 0 and 40% winrate. Not because I completely suck with them, but because I didn't completely master them unlike the rest of my and their team who played heroes that they mastered/are really comfortable with.

I know that below Diamond most players haven't mastered their heroes anyway, but my point stays valid I think, there will always be a skill gap between the heroes that you are comfortable with or the heroes that you are forced to pick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    Even in Diamond/Masters you can easily get away with maining 3-4 heroes. If people are forcing you to play something that you are not able to play to the same skill level as the rest of the team then you will be the reason why the team will lose anyway, since most of the games played are decided by which team has the weakest link. I am #114 Grand Master at the moment on the EU servers and I mainly played Zeratul, Nazeebo, Sonya, Valla and Dehaka. Those 5 heroes were used in 57% of my games this season and my winrate of those heroes is between 75-90%. When I tried picking heroes that were requested by the rest of my team I got 7 heroes with between 0 and 40% winrate. Not because I completely suck with them, but because I didn't completely master them unlike the rest of my and their team who played heroes that they mastered/are really comfortable with.

I know that below Diamond most players haven't mastered their heroes anyway, but my point stays valid I think, there will always be a skill gap between the heroes that you are comfortable with or the heroes that you are forced to pick.
    Fair point. If you're only playing 5 games a week its irresponsible to play something you're having to read the tooltips all the time. It's just that many Youtubers, even the "reasonable" ones like Pallytime always say bad things about "comfort picks". And on the other hand, it's not even so much about what other people force you to do.

I think it depends on what you play; if you like the top tier heroes, they'll get banned, or someone else picks them. So say, you liked Rag, Malfu and Varian a couple of months ago, you couldn't really rely on just those 3 because you couldn't consistently play any of them when you're not the 1st or 2nd pick. If you like the more exotic heroes like Chromie, Nova or Hammer, it's hard to win if you don't know when (not) to pick them. If you like range DDs you might get away with just 3 because there is so much choice, and few hard counters. But then, I'd say it's pretty selfish to not have at least one tank OR healer in your repertoire. These are a lot of constraints. So 5, yes maybe - 3 to 4... too few.

At least that is my experience, I might just be bad with everything ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-05-08 at 08:45 PM.