Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    awesome i just didnt like dots animation just a purple little explosion and mindblast but others are awesome especially void bolt and voidform animations

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Shit, that's actually really dope, not sure if I liked the idle animation though

i swear to god, that silvery light in my left hand makes me so moist.

if only we could get racial glyphs to change the look of all of our light to elune's silver light.

Im perfectly fine with Disc and Holy animations, they are the pillars of the light, protectors of the innocent, guiders to the right path and so on so on..

However, im panda sPriest and honestly theres a lot of clipping in that model, but lets go by the order.

What i already said in joint Priest animation post, first thing i got bothered by was their non-aggressive battle stance.
    I do understand why Holy and Disc have that kind of stance (hands rised in W form, head little rised up), a divine-ish stance.
    However Shadow is aggressive combat caster and damage dealer full on, more aggressive combat stance, like those of a Mage is more fitting the "fantasy" of the spec.
    You are shadow, why do you have need to look at the sky and wait for some deity to help you, when you are Void incarnate from which tentacles of pure void energies spread out while your weapon whispers into your mind further corrupting you.
    You are closest to the Old Ones that it can be and theres nothing divine-ish in that, you are half insane caster that blast its target with very own energy that corrupted Titans and drove Sargeras to form a Burning Legion. You are ready to roll, aggressive stance is faaarr more fitting.

Second. Really some animations are out of place, as i said PTR shadow animations look faaarrr less aggressive that are currently on live. And live's are well.. live for 11 years and have no battle stance at all. Borrowing some of them from Mages set reaallyyy looks in order (pyro and FS i look at you for that charge animations).

Third. Clipping. Mind Flay animations in Voidform probably looks ok on most of the classes, however on male panda theres a clipping of shoulders into his chin.
    Not to mention that hes doing some finger dancing that reminds me of old cartoons where any kind of bad magic was cast with hands rised slightly above head and finger dancing with evil laugh. its a no go honestly.

Forth. Not a fan of levitation, in any form or look or whatever. I really dont like the idea that ill spend 60% of my overall and 90% of my combat time levitating around with finger dancing casting Mind Flay. I, first of all, loose "ground under my feet" and my awareness drops because i dont see my self running, im floating.
    Pleaaaseeee. Give us an Shadow universal glyph for that float removal. Please, please. And when i say universal i meant that it works with all other shadow glyphs, no exclusion which is, even now, unlogical in most cases (like two shadow glyphs, one to make my shadow form less dark doesnt pair with the one that makes my mount shadow too).

all in all im more fan of a subtle look, in all my honestly i would just transfer new shadow/void form animations and Mages super sweet aggressive battle stance and most of new animations, excluding Mind Flay and Void levitation. I would rather make a levitation a glyph thing, not such an imposed thing simply because they did a new animations for it.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2017-08-03 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not only is our levitating during VF badass it's probably the most unique flavorful thing, besides brewmaster monks holding their staff weapon, that any other class has in the entire game.

You don't need to worry about "looking at your character run" because your character leans towards the direction you're moving and your camera moves with the character itself. No other class or spec has this type of flavor and it's in the game already with cultists or void magic using npc's. Being chased or fighting against something that is levitating in that stance is intimidating already.

And lastly the stance IMO is pretty epic. We're Shadow Priests. We don't need to get into a aggressive stance as our magic is all about the mind and void and we have our dots do most of the damage. We see the "aggressiveness" when he/she shoots VB and MB and mind flay and now the upper half of your body faces the direction of the target while doing said abilities if you're running a different direction. It fits the style almost perfectly. I'm a bit disappointed that we share the same stance with disc, however but in the end I'm about it.

To each their own i guess. I would live with that stance, it doesnt bother me much, its more that that levitation bugs me personally.
    Nothing specific against it, i just like my feet on the ground so a glyph would be good.

"Glyph of Magnetic Boots

Sets your Magnetic Boots in nitro mode, anchoring your feet to the ground no matter what.
    May jump slightly less. -10 speed."

What I'm concerned about the fact is that since you can now jump while levitating (both with the spell levitate, and with void form levitate animation), you will float away if you jump off a tiny ledge

e.g. i accidentally jumped while testing dps on the order hall dummies on the ptr and went flying down the stairs and halfway across the room

7+ Year Old Account
    On the ptr you dont slowfall while in VF anymore.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2017-08-03 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    On the ptr you dont slowfall while in VF anymore.
    Good lol...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i swear to god, that silvery light in my left hand makes me so moist.

if only we could get racial glyphs to change the look of all of our light to elune's silver light.
    I wish they would have more spells with the silvery light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    What i already said in joint Priest animation post, first thing i got bothered by was their non-aggressive battle stance.
    It is not a battle stance, it is a bug.
    Part of the animation of some spells persists after the spell cast is finished until you either sit down or unsheathe your weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

I also do not like that the animations of the artefact weapon and of Mind Flay make it seem as if the target is sucking something from the priest isntead of the other way around. We are draining their power and life energy. We do not get sucked dry by them!

I'm glad we're finally getting new animations in 7.3. Just in time for them to completely revamp the class again in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm glad we're finally getting new animations in 7.3. Just in time for them to completely revamp the class again in 8.0.
    And thank god. This spec is a hot mess.

This is what i was talking about. This "W" non-aggressive stance simply deforms most of the models. Its hardly noticeable if you using shoulder armor, you just get minor clipping, however if you run like me, with hidden shoulders, you will see something like this.
    On the long run its quite annoying, Mind Flay animation in Voidform looks even more bad, atleast on panda males.

I would LOVE to have some way to turn these animations off, via UI or atleast via Glyph since, atleast for me, if we end up with no option to turn off levitate in Voidform in some form - ill be dropping my shadow for sure. Im more than annoyed by this model deformity.

Someone might not understand it, but with these new cast/stance/voidform animations i feel far less immersed in the world and less connected to my character.

Ofc, its just personal opinion so dont go around and bash it. I get it if you dont agree or think differently

http://imgur.com/5ycA2YM
    Last edited by Gurg; 2017-08-12 at 12:35 AM.