Do you spam shield of righteous?

shall i just macro it into my rotation and spam it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's a powerful mitigation tool, always keep it at 2 charges, and spend one when you have 3.

It's important to have SoTR when you need it, in case of a dangerous boss ability, if not you will take a lot more damage than you should.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a damage reduction CD that has situational effectiveness and doesn't do tremendous damage; it's best used in conjunction with high incoming damage occasions. Like said you shouldn't be spamming it but rather keeping a charge at least for oh shit moments.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Never, I'll just save them up for big dmg attacks or mitigation needed attack (Illysanna Ravencrest, God-King Skovald) and always try to have 2 after seraphim comes off cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    yep! with two judgements reducing its cd, its rarely unavailable. Obviously, with 3 charges, you can save 1 for when you know something is coming, otherwise, im spamming it. also, with sotr reducing avenging wrath, i try to get wings back up as soon as i can too, more dmg. or, if you take the talent that gives you 3 charges instantly, well, there is no need to save anything there if youre saving that cd.

I don't know all teh ideal talents, if I'm being fully honest here, I havent tanked progression in quite sometime. but even still, with three charges, i find it difficult to imagine, with the different talent choices we have, that one could not mostly spam it, holding on to a charge for when you know you'll need it. but if you really need it, arent you likely to also have a longer cd runnign at that point too??

Maybe I'm way off, idk
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

The simple rule is never sit on 3 charges and try to always have at least one available for big incoming damage. The more you lean a fight the more you'll know when and how to spend them. But don't just mindlessly spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    The question was do you spam it. The answer is never yes or you're plying wrong. At least keeping one charge is, by definition, not spamming.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    The question was do you spam it. The answer is never yes or you're plying wrong. At least keeping one charge is, by definition, not spamming.
    If we're gonna get super critical here, he didnt give a situation. One could be overgeared, one could be in a 5man, could be in lfr, could be in trivial content, and number of situations where spamming it isn't playing wrong. Also, there are some bosses that exist where they dont hit especially hard, but they hit very fast, in which case spamming it every time its up would be the right thing, to keep the dmg as smooth as possible. Or, just maybe, youre in a situation where you're the off tank, and you wont be tanking the boss for a bit, but you gotta get that dmg in, spam away!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    shall i just macro it into my rotation and spam it?
    Shall you read the spell description before asking such a facile question?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    If we're gonna get super critical here, he didnt give a situation. One could be overgeared, one could be in a 5man, could be in lfr, could be in trivial content, and number of situations where spamming it isn't playing wrong. Also, there are some bosses that exist where they dont hit especially hard, but they hit very fast, in which case spamming it every time its up would be the right thing, to keep the dmg as smooth as possible. Or, just maybe, youre in a situation where you're the off tank, and you wont be tanking the boss for a bit, but you gotta get that dmg in, spam away!

:P
    Nobody likes a pedant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

I spam it, and I rarely use defensive cooldowns properly either. That being said I am a ret and never tank anything above mythic 0 so my gear carries me.

Deleted
    That sounds like a bad idea. Mitigation is not something you just "spam". If you are not tanking anything important, like a heroic or something - sure, go for it. Other than that? I wouldn't do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    No. Learn your class.
    This seems like a question someone trying to learn his class would ask.

Blessed Stalwart
    Your Judgment grants you Blessed Stalwart, increasing the damage and damage reduction of your next Shield of the Righteous by 8%.

It depends on the fight for me, if I need active mitigation for something specific then I always retain one charge.

If I don't need the active mitigation for a specific ability then I tend to spam BUT I make use of Blessed Stalwart, so I make sure consecration is up and then use shield of the righteous after each judgment cast.

I only spam it in trivial content like Heroics or normals. Otherwise, I try to hold on to at least a charge.

Use it for offense when you don't want or need the defense. Save it for defense otherwise. Its hard to use properly tbh. These one size fits all answers do not make sense. You need to know the situation and whether you need dps or defense and use it accordingly. You also need to look ahead to the next pack etc for serpahim usage and when and where you need to save for that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

No, never spam SotR
    and don't take talent that gives you 3 SoTR stacks on demand, it is a net dps and mitigation loss.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.