Deleted

[Elemental] T20 Bonus worth it, or off-set main-stat pieces better?

Basically, I'm wondering if it would be better to ignore the T20 Set 2pc/4pc and going for the better itemized off-set pieces with more mastery, crit and versa.
    As the 4pc is kinda meh and the 2pc nearly worthless without also having the 4pc, I'm kinda leaning towards ignoring a whole set for the first time in my wow career.

Would this be at all viable or is it going to be better to just get the 4pc and run with it, although it is not that great?

Doin where you've been reading but I got the impression the 4pc was awesome i.e. nearly 10% dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforce1985 View Post
    Doin where you've been reading but I got the impression the 4pc was awesome i.e. nearly 10% dps increase.
    Problem with this set bonus is simply that it's highly situational.

On Single target encounters, it's not that great, at least sims for my character have shown that in a patchwerk scenario, the Set bonus is hardly an upgrade over the 19 4pc (assuming similiar Ilvl obviously).

However, the Set bonus is rather decent on Multi dot encounters such as Demonic Inquisition and Fallen Avatar, high movement fights also favor this set bonus because neither FS nor FE give a shit about whether you move or not.

On the other hand, the set bonus almost worthless on heavy AoE Encounters such as Mistress, the T19 4pc basically reads "Deal 7% more damage" there.

Unless you get some serious offset upgrades on almost all Tier set slots, the T20 Setbonus will still probably be worth getting, simply because it works decently on heavy movement encounters, which are very often the most difficult bosses.

I built a separate set from the off pieces for aoe fights......no point in using the set when its really average on them.