Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    This is wrong. He asked about language not just communication and yes it is known.
    We cannot possibly know the first language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We cannot possibly know the first language.
    We can we do through evidence. Someone else mentioned cave drawings which was closer than your long incorrect answer.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iSlack View Post
    What is the first Language that was invented and used in the early stages of Human history, like the first one ever noted.
    The first spoken language probably doesn't have a name, seeing as humans have been around in one form or another for nearly 2 million years. Some of the earliest written languages are the various forms of Cuneiform.

If you're interested in reading further: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuneiform_script
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

7+ Year Old Account
    We can we do through evidence. Someone else mentioned cave drawings which was closer than your long incorrect answer.
    Lol I got my MA in linguistics but yeah fuck, what do I know about languages? Lol Cave drawings are art and perhaps at best symbolic representations but we cannot translate that into a language or know if those drawings are art or actual representations of linguistic information. As in it's not writing, but clearly you must be the expert. *eyeroll*
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I got my MA in linguistics but yeah fuck, what do I know about languages? Lol Cave drawings are art and perhaps at best symbolic representations but we cannot translate that into a language or know if those drawings are art or actual representations of linguistic information. As in it's not writing, but clearly you must be the expert. *eyeroll*
    Glad you are the only one that studied that

I don't need to be an expert, and this woman is, and appears to believe cave drawings have a lot more significant and we can follow these drawings all the way back in human evolution.

So we can actually know what LANGUAGE was invented first

15+ Year Old Account

The first language. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account

I don't need to be an expert, and this woman is, and appears to believe cave drawings have a lot more significant and we can follow these drawings all the way back in human evolution.

That isn't what language is but okay, dig that whole deeper my dude. ������

10+ Year Old Account

Actually we can't know what the first language was. We know what the first recorded language is, but we have no way of knowing if there were languages before that. We can only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by iSlack View Post
    What is the first Language that was invented and used in the early stages of Human history, like the first one ever noted.
    I think it was Sanskrit in the middle east, at least they had the first forms of paper

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever Jesus spoke. Hebrew I guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Whatever Jesus spoke. Hebrew I guess?
    Aramaic.

Why do you assume it was the first language?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Aramaic.

Because jesus made the universe and that's what he spoke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Actually we can't know what the first language was. We know what the first recorded language is, but we have no way of knowing if there were languages before that. We can only guess.
    The question is asking about language and yes we can know that's what she does it's called evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't what language is but okay, dig that whole deeper my dude. ������
    It is a language.

Very long story short, whatever it was it's lost to time.

I believe some of the oldest languages we have direct evidence for are Sumerian, Archaic Egyptian and the reconstructed root of the PIE language family. From about 2500 BC or earlier. Languages are almost certainly much older than this, but records before this time are scant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    just report as spam and move on, if the OP wanted to know he would have searched for it.
    If he had, he would've failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Aramaic.

Yeah, Aramaic is only about ~1000BC. Several languages were already liturgical by that stage.

Not even true scripturally speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Not even true scripturally speaking.
    How so? Who created the universe then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere in the bible does it say this at all. Jesus is part of the Trinity meaning God, but that real fast and loose to make your statement. It also doesn't say all the languages he knew.

7+ Year Old Account
    The question is asking about language and yes we can know that's what she does it's called evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a language.
    No it's not. Art, while conveying cultural or symbol meaning perhaps to the creator the cave paintings posses no lexicon, syntax or grammar with which to call it a language. You either don't know what a language is or are too embarrassed to admit you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    We can reconstruct proto language families with great confidence but we cannot trace it back to a first original language from which all others sprung. We can't know which one was first.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. Art, while conveying cultural or symbol meaning perhaps to the creator the cave paintings posses no lexicon, syntax or grammar with which to call it a language. You either don't know what a language is or are too embarrassed to admit you are wrong.
    Yeah you can copy paste your last response. Its a language so your wrong. Primitive none vocal is still a language. If you watched the video of an expert with evidence and proof you'd know.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We can reconstruct proto language families with great confidence but we cannot trace it back to a first original language from which all others sprung. We can't know which one was first.
    We can know we can trace bones and follow the evidence of human evolution to exact detail we know based on evidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you can copy paste your last response. Its a language so your wrong. Primitive none vocal is still a language. If you watched the video of an expert with evidence and proof you'd know.
    No, to isn't a language. I get you are trying to save face and all but you are just plain wrong. A language is a form of communication, communication that does not require interpretation. Art has the problem being interpretive with no clear syntax or grammar. You would have better luck arguing the person who drew those cave paintings likely spoke a language. But those caving drawings are not a grammatical message with a clear and precise meaning, and we can even tell if they were even if we cannot decipher the meaning of the words.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We can know we can trace bones and follow the evidence of human evolution to exact detail we know based on evidence.
    Dude you are just plain desperate. Linguistically we can only reconstruct language families so far back. We can only determine when humans had the likely ability to use labgage, I.e the vocal cord placement ect in the body or certain brain structures among other clues. We do not however have proof that man started talking, all we can do is guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, to isn't a language. I get you are trying to save face and all but you are just plain wrong. A language is a form of communication, communication that does not require interpretation. Art has the problem being interpretive with no clear syntax or grammar. You would have better luck arguing the person who drew those cave paintings likely spoke a language. But those caving drawings are not a grammatical message with a clear and precise meaning, and we can even tell if they were even if we cannot decipher the meaning of the words.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you are just plain desperate. Linguistically we can only reconstruct language families so far back. We can only determine when humans had the likely ability to use labgage, I.e the vocal cord placement ect in the body or certain brain structures among other clues. We do not however have proof that man started talking, all we can do is guess.
    Its a language we can know and what you fail to grasp is irrelevant. Maybe next time answer the question or say you don't know.

Cave drawings not only have similar drawings this woman identified 32 of them. That is language. You are just rambling definition for kinds of language and saying we don't know cause you haven't figured it out.

Getting defensive and throwing credentials out there doesn't change anything.