Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Following the Keto diet I lost just over 12 stone in the last year, (170 pounds/76kg ish)
    Truth be told my doctor said if I don't lose the weight I wont see 40 (I'm 38 now) as my heart is in real trouble.
    I was type 2 diabetic and on pills as well as super high blood pressure and was on pills I am off all medication now.
    Few things I learnt, Arse really hurts with a lot less fat on it for sitting down at work lol my knees have paid the price for carrying so much weight and as much as I go jogging every single day it hurts my knees every single day but the doctor told me to take it easy.
    Loose skin...I have been super super lucky and my skin is actually not terrible, I have a bit round the stomach but I can live with that as a reminder of being the fat person I was..

Confidence with life has gone through the roof and I am learning to ride a motorbike as that was one of the things I promised myself I would do if I lost weight.

Oh edited to add,
    The one bonus that is funny is carrying around a lot of weight for years makes your calf muscles HUGE once you lose weight and wearing shorts in the gym quite a few people have told me they knew I used to be obese just by how huge my calf muscles are.
    Last edited by Zippoflames; 2017-07-03 at 08:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've dropped my weight from 130-140kgish to 70-80kg.

Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    How did your body feel during then after. Like faster heart rate blood pressure any stomach problems with food you ate. Did your diet change like things you could eat and tolerate then couldn't or the other way around?
    No real side effects at all. I have always been fairly fit (not a gym rat though) and a lifelong healthy eater. During pregnancy my eating habits didn't change much; I did prenatal yoga (clothed) and had my usual massage changed to prenatal.

However, I got tired very easily while pregnant. That caused me to drop off exercise in the late second trimester. By the third I was just a blob on the couch in a semi-perpetual state of napping. My appetite was insatiable but I did not eat anything I would not normally except seafood & so on.

After my daughter was born, I was exhausted for a couple of weeks. After a little bit of rest I was back to my usual energy level- high. I am a very intense, high energy personality.

No stomach problems. Just the typical uterus soreness/pains and slight breast soreness. I breast fed all my children so that was not too bad.

Most of the excess weight was in my tummy and thighs. I did spin class 3x a week, ran on weekends and did yoga every other day. Yoga and running are routine, I did not change it up from normal. Spin class was the only addition.

Everyone is mad about this SoulCycle class but I did the Peloton spin class at my fitness club. It was a blast! Like going to an exercise rave.

I can tolerate all the same foods as before pregnancy- which is to say, I eat almost everything on the Earth. I am a former professional chef. Brother, I can eat.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-07-04 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I lost about 40 pounds and then regained them while on anti-depressants.
    I was always skinny but I gained like 30lbs so far on meds. I'm actually concerned about my weight for once. It seems my metabolism slowed down a lot, but I'm also 34 so age has a bit to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I don't know if they are related. Your body is pretty good at maintaining homeostasis. I lost it over 1 year and a half, so that's like 6 pounds a month
    Thanks heartburn and indigestion were concerns I was wondering about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Following the Keto diet I lost just over 12 stone in the last year, (170 pounds/76kg ish)
    Truth be told my doctor said if I don't lose the weight I wont see 40 (I'm 38 now) as my heart is in real trouble.
    I was type 2 diabetic and on pills as well as super high blood pressure and was on pills I am off all medication now.
    Few things I learnt, Arse really hurts with a lot less fat on it for sitting down at work lol my knees have paid the price for carrying so much weight and as much as I go jogging every single day it hurts my knees every single day but the doctor told me to take it easy.
    Loose skin...I have been super super lucky and my skin is actually not terrible, I have a bit round the stomach but I can live with that as a reminder of being the fat person I was..

Confidence with life has gone through the roof and I am learning to ride a motorbike as that was one of the things I promised myself I would do if I lost weight.

Oh edited to add,
    The one bonus that is funny is carrying around a lot of weight for years makes your calf muscles HUGE once you lose weight and wearing shorts in the gym quite a few people have told me they knew I used to be obese just by how huge my calf muscles are.
    Wow incredible so no pain besides knee and rear no other conditions from losing the weight?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-07-04 at 09:05 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I lost about 90 pounds. Cut off both my legs, don't need that to play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No real side effects at all. I have always been fairly fit (not a gym rat though) and a lifelong healthy eater. During pregnancy my eating habits didn't change much; I did prenatal yoga (clothed) and had my usual massage changed to prenatal.

However, I got tired very easily while pregnant. That caused me to drop off exercise in the late second trimester. By the third I was just a blob on the couch in a semi-perpetual state of napping. My appetite was insatiable but I did not eat anything I would not normally except seafood & so on.

After my daughter was born, I was exhausted for a couple of weeks. After a little bit of rest I was back to my usual energy level- high. I am a very intense, high energy personality.

No stomach problems. Just the typical uterus soreness/pains and slight breast soreness. I breast fed all my children so that was not too bad.

Most of the excess weight was in my tummy and thighs. I did spin class 3x a week, ran on weekends and did yoga every other day. Yoga and running are routine, I did not change it up from normal. Spin class was the only addition.

Everyone is mad about this SoulCycle class but I did the Peloton spin class at my fitness club. It was a blast! Like going to an exercise rave.

I can tolerate all the same foods as before pregnancy- which is to say, I eat almost everything on the Earth. I am a former professional chef. Brother, I can eat.
    Damn your a dynamo you weren't born on a island of amazons and your name is Diana or Linda Carter?

Lol. Seriously you're a warrior good eating and working out sounds like you followed all the right steps. I couldn't personally compare as a mortal but good information to have to think about in terms of goals.

Exercise helps a lot with losing weight, you can eat more food because of it, which makes it easier to stay on a diet. Example...eating 2000 calories instead of 1600 because you burned 400. It's more of a mental thing for me.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-07-04 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm trying to, here's a few things I'm doing:

1. Making sure I get enough sleep. I eat more when I'm tired.
    2. Making sure I'm hydrated. There have been a few hot summer days when I didn't realize I was massively dehydrated and that was contributing to my overall laziness lol. I realized it one day when I weighed in at like 5 pounds below where I had been and I was like "Awesome!" but felt really lethargic. I drank an entire pitcher of water and didn't have to go to the bathroom afterwards... was like, oops!
    3. I'm currently trying to use soup to help me lose weight - I make a whole bunch at once using fresh vegetables and chicken, and it's really filling. My theory is that the broth and vegetables fill me up faster.
    That's awesome if you got a blog or channel I'd love to keep up with your progress by if not thanks. Good information

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Exercise helps a lot with losing weigh, you can eat more food because of it, which makes it easier to stay on a diet. Example...eating 2000 calories instead of 1600 because you burned 400. It's more of a mental thing for me.
    Yeah been reading about Penn Gillette and how he lost weight.

Deleted
    Know your body... not every diet works for everybody, also not every way to do sports.

Some people have to count all calories, some just have to avoid one kind of food (like carbs or oily stuffs), some have to cut alcohol, some just have to do a bit sports, some are easy to build muscles, some can't build muscles at all and rather should go running or swimming, some just have to cut garbage food, etc...

I'm afraid you have to try a few things... my advise: First try to eat NORMAL and HEALTHY don't go for any "Zero Carb", "Low Fat" or Count calories. Those strict diets will just mess up your body and when you drop them you will feel even worse. And try to MOVE more. Going by bike for 30min every day can be enough. There are many people on this planet who actually aren't that easy to get fat but simply eat Trashfood all the time and NEVER move except for walking a few meters.

Some people are more difficult cases, if you already eat healthy and do a bit of sports but still can't loose weight at all you probably have to try a few stuffs. I personally lost a lot of weight (from 125 to 90kg) by skipping dinners 2-3 times per week and instead drinking protein shake + A LOT of sports (running, swimming, cycling). A bit more detail about my diet: I always ate a decent breakfast (Bread with sausage or egg and some juice, about 500kcal) and normal lunch (normal diet... some rice/bread/noodles/potatoes with some meat and some vegetable, maybe 700kcal). During day I was never hungry, in return i skipped dinner completely 2-3 times per week giving my body time to burn some fat and went to sleep early. I also did sports EVERY DAY nearly 60min.

Problem: After I married and had kids it was not so easy to skip dinner as my wife would cook for me and i couldn't help myself to not eat because of course i was hungry. Also when I skipped dinner because I came home late from work I couldn't go bed directly like before, my daughter and wife needed some attention and I needed energy (=food) for that. Moreover I simply didn't have time for sports every day anymore because of obvious reasons.

Other small factors: If my wife or daughter disliked food in restaurant I would eat theirs, while in the past I would just eat my own meal. When cooking lunch it was easy for me to make exactly enough for myself... when my wife or me cooked for the family it never exactly fit, leaving some leftovers that are an "easy target" when wanting to eat more.

Long story short: Gained weight from 90 to 107 again.

Now my next step will be to go Gym. I was always easy to build up muscles, I want intensive but short exercises which fits my schedule better (better lift stuffs for 20min than go cycling for 60min). I also want to do enough sports so it doesn't bother if I eat dinner or not. I think could work...

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Mall Security;46376920]Wow incredible so no pain besides knee and rear no other conditions from losing the weight?
    [COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

No other conditions at all, And I was huge from the age of 14-15 to 37 so after a lifetime of abuse my body has been kind to me with letting me lose the weight and not suffer anymore than the knees (for a little clarification I actually got x ray results back yesterday and my knees are completely clean/undamaged so woo woo) which the doctor is sort of saying they are used to having a lot of fat/padding and now there isn't any they are tender but who knows how long that will last.
    I am actually happy with the loose skin, I know it can bother others but it is a daily reminder to myself that I lost all the weight.

Started gaining weight when I hit 30, this was kind of a shock for me because I have always been on a thin side. I kept the same diet I had in my twenties, playing video games and drinking tons of soda. Once the big 3-0 rolled around, I couldn't eat anything I wanted anymore without paying for it. Long story short, I was able to drop about 20 pounds by not buying soda, limiting snacks to healthy options, and working out a few times a week.

I still eat pizza and things I like, I just cut out the constant soda and snacking while sitting at the computer. I switched to juice and iced tea and it seems to have made a big difference.

I lost 100lbs after i got married. It's a struggle for me to keep it off as i enjoy good food, so i exercise multiple times a day 5-6 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Damn your a dynamo you weren't born on a island of amazons and your name is Diana or Linda Carter?

Lol. Seriously you're a warrior good eating and working out sounds like you followed all the right steps. I couldn't personally compare as a mortal but good information to have to think about in terms of goals.
    I am fairly average and lazy actually. I just live conveniently and have excess wealth. YMMV.

I've never been fat before, but I'm now going to the gym 4 days a week (about 5 to 6h) after having done absolutely nothing for 15 years and that's where you suddenly start looking at what you're eating. Not only did I have no energy, I actually went out once at the start. I ate enough (at the time, currently I'm eating twice as much), but I never ate the right things. You start looking at stuff that balances out your diet. You start looking at sugars. There's some great apps out there that allow you to scan the products and sort them based on your daily needs.

I have a good friend, who is actually overweight (was 140KG, is now 120KG, but has a lot more muscle) who's basically doing the same strength training I do, without the cardio, who swears that you need to be very careful with dropping weight fast. Looking at him and myself, I would suggest:

Start eating normal:
    > Low Sugars
    > Low Fat if you can't burn it. If you can, fat is good.
    > Eat protein products (not just protein, but things like Quark(is this correct in ENG?). We all know what protein does and if you don't go to the gym, it's largely useless, but so far science has not shown any adverse effect when eating a little too much protein and protein happens to be a filler for your stomach. It satisfies your stomach more easily.
    > Don't starve yourself
    > Start walking, cycling, doing some basic cardio (you will hate it, he does, I do).
    > No more Soda, no more beer, no more potato chips, no more snacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My weight is my worst enemy I can lose it really fast and I can put it on really fast, if I dont keep to a schedule my body just says "fuck it".
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The amount of bad advice on this post is too damn high oO

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    The amount of bad advice on this post is too damn high oO
    ehh there's a few poor causation observations but most of what people have done to lose weight makes sense.

Turns out the law of thermodynamics can't be subverted, so manage your calories in addition to your vitamins, and your activity level and you should do fine.

If you're trying to do a natural bodybuilding show, things are a lot more complex. But chances are if you compete, you've already been delving into those complexities by now.

When I first started playing WoW back in 2007, I was at my heaviest weight of 235 lbs at 5'7". 10 years later I'm down to 165 lbs.

I hear the Keto diet is the way to go.
    Its very trendy to do Keto in Silicon Valley.

You can eats lots of bacon, butter , avocado, eggs etc but avoid the carbs

Sounds very similar to the Atkins, no carbs diet a few years ago. Not eating any carbs however, can be dangerous after a while.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/i...cement-shake-1

A diet that goes against conventional wisdom on healthy eating is gaining momentum among Silicon Valley tech workers. And it involves eating a lot of fat.

The ketogenic (or “keto”) diet — which first became popular in the 1920s as a treatment for epilepsy and diabetes — limits carbohydrates to no more than 50 grams a day, which is the rough equivalent of a plain bagel or a cup of white rice. By comparison, dietary guidelines laid out by the USDA recommend consuming between 225 and 325 grams of carbs a day.

On the keto diet, the body goes into starvation mode and taps its own fat stores for fuel. Studies suggest the low-carb, high-fat diet may promote weight loss, dull hunger, and stave off age-related diseases. More research is needed on its long-term effects, especially in healthy people.