Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He actually has a very strong win rate at high levels. It's too early to really judge for me, there are loads of terrible ones around my level, then you get one shows up and just runs the match. He's a massive impact hero, and like say, hugely disruptive.
    Wonder about his winrate against Sombra. When i see him on enemy team i just go Phara or Sombra if the spot is not taken and it's just a faceroll at this point. Hacking a doomfist who just charged into the fray... priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    80% of the time the prediction of ''pro players'' in any game usually involves doom and gloom (towards both sides of the spectrum)...

Most realistic prediction is just wait and see how things turn out, for a damage dealer Doomfist has a huge hitbox so he may not even stay alive long enough in a ranked matches.
    He has a near 60% win rate in GM, and it's actually relatively high across the board at all levels. People seem to be struggling against him rather than with him.

Again, that doesn't make him OP, it might be that in time he'll get figured out and turn to trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wonder about his winrate against Sombra. When i see him on enemy team i just go Phara or Sombra if the spot is not taken and it's just a faceroll at this point. Hacking a doomfist who just charged into the fray... priceless.
    Problem with this kind of thing is it creates 'must picks'. Or, conversely, 'too easily countered so don't bother'. It's like Widow in QP if they have a Winston; except in comp Sombra would be free to pick on DF in ways Winston can't on Widow because he has other duties.

He has a near 60% win rate in GM, and it's actually relatively high across the board at all levels. People seem to be struggling against him rather than with him.

Again, that doesn't make him OP, it might be that in time he'll get figured out and turn to trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with this kind of thing is it creates 'must picks'. Or, conversely, 'too easily countered so don't bother'. It's like Widow in QP if they have a Winston; except in comp Sombra would be free to pick on DF in ways Winston can't on Widow because he has other duties.
    Well I'm not saying that he is overpowered or underpowered, just that the entire doom and gloom prediction by those ''pro players'' are common whenever a developer changes anything.

Most hero's becomes overpowered or garbage because of a certain tactic and meta hence why I think the entire thing is a bit overblown

I've seen a very salient point made about him in a couple of places:
    Remember at the start of Overwatch, where Hanzo and D.va Qs (end even large Mercy rezzes - being my own addition) happened all the time until people started learning to avoid the ques that came with 'em? It's the same with Doomfist to a degree. If you hear a Doomfist charging up his charge, don't panic step around the corner and so on. His Meteor strike is also avoidable if you're quick on your feet and don't freeze and panic. You -do- have a chance of getting out of it when the mark appears on the ground.

Do I particularly _like_ the sonovabitch? No, not at all. -_- But countering him has a learning curve and people tend to forget that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I've seen a very salient point made about him in a couple of places:
    Remember at the start of Overwatch, where Hanzo and D.va Qs (end even large Mercy rezzes - being my own addition) happened all the time until people started learning to avoid the ques that came with 'em? It's the same with Doomfist to a degree. If you hear a Doomfist charging up his charge, don't panic step around the corner and so on. His Meteor strike is also avoidable if you're quick on your feet and don't freeze and panic. You -do- have a chance of getting out of it when the mark appears on the ground.

Do I particularly _like_ the sonovabitch? No, not at all. -_- But countering him has a learning curve and people tend to forget that.
    Being behind a wall won't save you, people have been noticing a lot of these kinds of things:

https://gfycat.com/YellowishHarshHarpyeagle

https://gfycat.com/PerfectAliveCrocodileskink

https://youtu.be/RA8BFi6Ihdg

Deleted
    people keep complaining doomfist is op but none of them focus on his weaknessess

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really feel like Doomfist's charged punch is analogous to hook since it has a charge time and the charge is both loud and makes you very slow. Yeah, it sucks to walk around a corner in a noisy fight and get randomly hit with it when you didn't even know it was coming, but that also happens to me all the time with Rein charges, for example (I SWEAR TO GOD LIKE 90% OF THE TIME I GET HIT WITH THAT DAMN THING HE'S AIMING FOR SOMEONE ELSE AND I JUST WALKED OUT A DOOR INTO IT). That's super annoying, but sometimes bad luck is just bad luck and you are going to get hit with stuff that was meant for someone else or fired randomly or just a very lucky shot for your enemy. But ultimately, playing well and listening carefully can help you avoid the one shot mechanic a lot of time.

(also if you're having trouble with that, I do recommend trying the 6v6 Doomfist elimination in arcade. I felt like it taught me to be alert and aware for that punch the quickest of anything)

Although, to be fair, I wasn't very bothered by the hook combo either. It was annoying when it happened to me, but I never felt like it was game-breaking or OP.

Being behind a wall won't save you, people have been noticing a lot of these kinds of things:

https://gfycat.com/YellowishHarshHarpyeagle

https://gfycat.com/PerfectAliveCrocodileskink

https://youtu.be/RA8BFi6Ihdg
    In general, being behind a wall or out of LoS will help. Those clips show that there's obviously some kind of shitty pathing issue going on that makes it inconsistent, but it's not like that happens every -- or even the majority of time.

(I'm not excusing such an issue or saying it doesn't make it frustrating to play with but I'm just being fair that those occurrences are fairly rare)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I feel Doomfist is weak. I currently have no respect for the character or those that play him. I carry on like he's not even there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't really feel like Doomfist's charged punch is analogous to hook since it has a charge time and the charge is both loud and makes you very slow. Yeah, it sucks to walk around a corner in a noisy fight and get randomly hit with it when you didn't even know it was coming, but that also happens to me all the time with Rein charges, for example (I SWEAR TO GOD LIKE 90% OF THE TIME I GET HIT WITH THAT DAMN THING HE'S AIMING FOR SOMEONE ELSE AND I JUST WALKED OUT A DOOR INTO IT). That's super annoying, but sometimes bad luck is just bad luck and you are going to get hit with stuff that was meant for someone else or fired randomly or just a very lucky shot for your enemy. But ultimately, playing well and listening carefully can help you avoid the one shot mechanic a lot of time.
    Erm, nobody has a problem with being pinned by Reinhardt. Sure it sucks when you get pinned and killed. But you can't compare it to Doomfist. Reinhardt doesn't use his charge when it's up all the time since it's extremely risky to use and actually requires careful planning. Doomfist can just stand in the choke, hold rightclick and slam the first person that appears and nothing will happen (Except to his poor victim...), every 4 seconds. And he can cancel it out aswell.

Although, to be fair, I wasn't very bothered by the hook combo either. It was annoying when it happened to me, but I never felt like it was game-breaking or OP.
    Low risk, high reward, coupled with his huge healthpool and self healing capabilities, how is that not a problem? It was also not difficult to land on the majority of the heroes.

In general, being behind a wall or out of LoS will help. Those clips show that there's obviously some kind of shitty pathing issue going on that makes it inconsistent, but it's not like that happens every -- or even the majority of time.

(I'm not excusing such an issue or saying it doesn't make it frustrating to play with but I'm just being fair that those occurrences are fairly rare)
    Has nothing to do with pathing, just huge hitbox issues. I agree they might be rare, but the fisting hitbox is absurd, and we're back to hook 1.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Erm, nobody has a problem with being pinned by Reinhardt. Sure it sucks when you get pinned and killed. But you can't compare it to Doomfist. Reinhardt doesn't use his charge when it's up all the time since it's extremely risky to use and actually requires careful planning. Doomfist can just stand in the choke, hold rightclick and slam the first person that appears and nothing will happen (Except to his poor victim...), every 4 seconds. And he can cancel it out aswell.
    I'm sorry if my post was misunderstood. I wasn't saying they were comparable abilities at all (they are not). I'm saying that there are things in this game where sometimes bad luck will kill you when you just happen to walk around a corner into some other one shot mechanic, and I'm saying that doesn't mean those abilities necessarily need nerfed. Sometimes it is just bad luck or positioning. Not everything can or should be extrapolated to "this ability is game breaking and needs changed." In fact, I think those cases are few and far between.
    Low risk, high reward, coupled with his huge healthpool and self healing capabilities, how is that not a problem? It was also not difficult to land on the majority of the heroes.
    Because despite his healthpool, Hog was fairly squishy. He could kill one person while the rest of the living people killed him. There were also lots of ways to avoid the hook (barriers, LoS, etc), and if you knew Hog was in a game, you played with that in mind. The hook mostly seemed to be punishment for getting caught out of position, in which case the first problem was being out of position. Yes, it was frustrating to get instagibbed by the combo, but so is getting killed by scattershot or walking around a corner right into Widow's scope or whatever other ability to me. I definitely had games where a good Roadhog made a huge difference, but I've had those games where a good player of [literally any other hero] also did the same.

Obviously Blizzard disagreed and that's why they changed it, but personally I never feel like it was impacting my games on any significant level.

Has nothing to do with pathing, just huge hitbox issues. I agree they might be rare, but the fisting hitbox is absurd, and we're back to hook 1.0.
    Whatever the cause, it's not something that happens the majority of the times. As I said, I'm not justifying it (it should definitely be fixed), but also I don't think it furthers discussion much if people exaggerate how much it is actually impacting games.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think the biggest problem people have is Doomfist charges behind a corner in safety and then just randomly smashes someone dead.
    Bonuspoints if he hits the tank ans open the entire team to enemy fire.

Also normaly it goes Punch > Jump > Uppercut > Punch (repeat till enemy is dead), true just shoot him....yeah....he moves pretty quick and less predictable then even Genji.

Well, lets see hes still fresh, maybe he is half as bad after people grew on him.
    Still, the problem stands, he charges without getting in the line of fire and then its to late.

And just a short Reinhardt bit.
    Its true he can hit you just with bad luck, but he charges pretty slow has to drop his shield and about 2 or 3 seconds windup in full line of fire he is pretty easily avoidable Doomfist is BAMM > Dead....
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-08-08 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted

Because despite his healthpool, Hog was fairly squishy. He could kill one person while the rest of the living people killed him. There were also lots of ways to avoid the hook (barriers, LoS, etc), and if you knew Hog was in a game, you played with that in mind. The hook mostly seemed to be punishment for getting caught out of position, in which case the first problem was being out of position. Yes, it was frustrating to get instagibbed by the combo, but so is getting killed by scattershot or walking around a corner right into Widow's scope or whatever other ability to me. I definitely had games where a good Roadhog made a huge difference, but I've had those games where a good player of [literally any other hero] also did the same.
    The only time a Roadhog is squishy is when he flanks and misses his hook and then gets zerged by the enemy team. Or when he gets Ana naded. When people say that Raodhog is squishy I disagree. If I'm in a 1v1 with him and he misses his hook on me, I can't out DPS him in any way, he will either heal back to full, or in a short amount of time he will either get healed or his enemy team will fend off his attacker. And once he finished healing, he'll just hook again. So you have no chance, you have to flee. The only way to quickly kill him is by throwing an Ana nade on them, and I always use my nades on the Hog, it's the only time he's really vulnerable. I have to try my damn best to avoid him, and he can just stand there, heal and throw another hook and kill me np. No stress. Just one click and lolz.

I'm sorry, but I'm just salty about these one-hit kill mechanics like the hook or Doomfist's right click. I have no problem with getting headshotted by a good Widow or Hanzo, it's a skillshot. I don't mind about being skillfully taken out. Some scatters are BS, and I think the best Hanzo's use Scatters that Blizzard never foresaw that it would be used in such a way, like oneshotting tanks by shooting it in front of them all. But they are still a bit random.

I'm okay with the hook as it is now. I was super frustrated with hook V 1.0. But with Doomfist they added in hook V 1.0 again, and you hear a LOT of people complaining about it.