Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what the numbers on the sub 2-piece is going to be, because depending how high it is, it might be worth using a backstab/gloomblade during dance with dark shadow, if it's damage with the stacks exceed that of a regular shadowstrike.
    i sincerely hope not, really dont want to have backstab bound on my stealth bar just for this, shadowstrike still gives 2 combo points so even with equal dmg it's better to cast

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i sincerely hope not, really dont want to have backstab bound on my stealth bar just for this, shadowstrike still gives 2 combo points so even with equal dmg it's better to cast
    I only wonder this because Gloomblade baseline already deals damage that is close to a shadowstrike. If the 2 set ends up buffing GB by like 30% for that one use, I don't see why you wouldn't use it during dance. I'm not saying it wouldn't be clunky, and it would be an odd way to make Gloomblade a viable or go-to option (If that is even going to be the case, the bonus damage is going to have to be quite high).

I only wonder this because Gloomblade baseline already deals damage that is close to a shadowstrike. If the 2 set ends up buffing GB by like 30% for that one use, I don't see why you wouldn't use it during dance. I'm not saying it wouldn't be clunky, and it would be an odd way to make Gloomblade a viable or go-to option (If that is even going to be the case, the bonus damage is going to have to be quite high).
    that bonus would have to be pretty broken to make gloomblade better than weaponmaster

and backstab does like 40% less dmg than strike, and gives 1 less cp
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-07-07 at 05:00 PM.

It is a 2 set after all, it needs to add some overall % of the damage. How much would it add if it buffed the next backstab by 10% each CP so 60%. Would that even be good enough for a 2 set?

It does kinda feel clunky now that i think about it, weaving in backstabs on up to 3-4 targets? Making a 2 set useless for aoe.

RIP bleed sin spec. I was outlaw until 7.2.5 so I switched to sin bleed as I didn't like the new sub. Guess I'll have to go back outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by nicknite1 View Post
    RIP bleed sin spec. I was outlaw until 7.2.5 so I switched to sin bleed as I didn't like the new sub. Guess I'll have to go back outlaw
    Sin bleed spec has been dead since the great exsang stealth nerf in pre-patch. And even if it wasn't, it would still be dead because bleeds scale like crap. Hopefully this new tier is a sign that blizz will bring back poisons as the main focus for assassination in the next expac with bleeds being the secondary focus, rather than having the spec being a 50/50 of the too. And hopefully blizz makes venomous wounds deal nature damage again.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    first and sweet

looks pretty insane for all specs

I guess shoulders will be replaced in T21 for assass. bracers boots incoming?
    Why is that? I would have thought this would make the shoulders stronger than ever. The more crits here the better?

What will the bonus be for 4pc on outlaw if one plays SnD though. Increases attack speed by a random extra percentage?

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Why is that? I would have thought this would make the shoulders stronger than ever. The more crits here the better?
    The more crit you have (stats, talents, bonuses) the weaker the shoulders. You dont get 100% crit but the difference between you crit values and 100% - the higher your values the lower the benifit of the shoulders.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-11 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooberz View Post
    What will the bonus be for 4pc on outlaw if one plays SnD though. Increases attack speed by a random extra percentage?
    I was wondering that.

Imagine using SnD and gain buffs with the finish moves, how insane that would be.

Well looking at the description, it would appear that you only need to envenom the target once, and then you get the poison crit buff forever. I think the energy gain from the 4 piece should be higher though, like 2 or 3 energy for each crit would be fair, but it's still early.

I don't really like the "new" 4 piece for outlaw. Just adding more RnG to RtB and I also feel like it's going to promote fishing again which is something blizz wanted outlaw to get away from.

"Run through has a 25% chance to cause your next Roll the Bones to grant you an additional combat enhancement."- 4 piece from new ptr build.

I don't really like the "new" 4 piece for outlaw. Just adding more RnG to RtB and I also feel like it's going to promote fishing again which is something blizz wanted outlaw to get away from.

"Run through has a 25% chance to cause your next Roll the Bones to grant you an additional combat enhancement."- 4 piece from new ptr build.
    I dont think its going to be a "true" 25% procc chance. But rather a "forced" 25%, imagine you have 8 cards, 2 of the cards will get you a procc. And every Run Through will use up one of those cards. This is why Poison Bomb can vary so much from pull to pull, it is actually a true % to procc and doesnt have the behind the scenes stuff that most % chance to procc does.

does that mean tho that if we're relatively lucky (wont even need to be THAT lucky)
    we can go like 4-6 buffs during the opener?

I just hoped on the PTR to see how each of the tier sets feel when doing simple tests on the dummy.

Assassination: Of the three, this was the most consistent. I thought that the numbers that they had may have been undertuned, but tbh I think the numbers a fine the way they are, maybe just an extra 5% crit on the 2 piece. During the opener, you essentially have infinite energy, and the 4 piece does help remove some of the sting from the shoulders nerf. It also smoothes out and alleviates assassination's energy starvation issues between cds, which is a great thing imo.

Outlaw- I really like the two piece bonus, and the new iteration of the 4 piece is cool too, but I can see some complaints with it. The main one being that you really have no control of what buff you get from using RT but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing imo. Especially since the individual buffs are a lot closer now then what they were pre 7.2.5.

Sublety- Well, the 2 piece is currently bugged and doesn't work with gloomblade. However, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the 4 set. I don't know how powerful the set will be numbers wise, but in terms of gameplay, I can see a lot of people disliking it. Essentially, it gives sub poison bomb, albeit not causing as intense of a damage swing most likely. Sometimes, you can get 3-4 eviscerates in a row. Other times, you may not even get a proc after 10 eviscerates/NBs. MfD will most likely be the best talent with this tier, along with weaponmaster, but that of course adds more rng so... yeah.

My opinions were more based on gameplay rather than the strength of the bonuses. So with that in mind, I would say assassination and outlaw's tier bonuses are clear improvements over t20(they probably will be better numbers wise too) while I think sub has the potential to be strong numbers wise, idk if people are going to like what it does to the spec.

Deleted
    Sub 2 set is truly horrible and give close to 0 dmg in myt + and 50 % of al raid Bosses. Its the backside of Legendarys, relics and gear who is based around a builder, the situations you never use the said builder. Same reason we only have around 3 relics who give dps only fights.

Deleted
    I would not bet my money on sub in 7.3. Nerfs will definitely occur on the ptr soon.

I just hoped on the PTR to see how each of the tier sets feel when doing simple tests on the dummy.

Assassination: Of the three, this was the most consistent. I thought that the numbers that they had may have been undertuned, but tbh I think the numbers a fine the way they are, maybe just an extra 5% crit on the 2 piece. During the opener, you essentially have infinite energy, and the 4 piece does help remove some of the sting from the shoulders nerf. It also smoothes out and alleviates assassination's energy starvation issues between cds, which is a great thing imo.

Outlaw- I really like the two piece bonus, and the new iteration of the 4 piece is cool too, but I can see some complaints with it. The main one being that you really have no control of what buff you get from using RT but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing imo. Especially since the individual buffs are a lot closer now then what they were pre 7.2.5.

Sublety- Well, the 2 piece is currently bugged and doesn't work with gloomblade. However, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the 4 set. I don't know how powerful the set will be numbers wise, but in terms of gameplay, I can see a lot of people disliking it. Essentially, it gives sub poison bomb, albeit not causing as intense of a damage swing most likely. Sometimes, you can get 3-4 eviscerates in a row. Other times, you may not even get a proc after 10 eviscerates/NBs. MfD will most likely be the best talent with this tier, along with weaponmaster, but that of course adds more rng so... yeah.

My opinions were more based on gameplay rather than the strength of the bonuses. So with that in mind, I would say assassination and outlaw's tier bonuses are clear improvements over t20(they probably will be better numbers wise too) while I think sub has the potential to be strong numbers wise, idk if people are going to like what it does to the spec.
    actually assa 4p is worse than t20 2p
    they should at least double the energy, or increase a lot the crit of 2p

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    actually assa 4p is worse than t20 2p
    they should at least double the energy, or increase a lot the crit of 2p
    If that is the case I hope they tune it up because I don't really want to have to wait until I can wear t21 because t20 is sooo boring(although I do like the 2-piece bonus).