Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    "Keep in mind this is all speculation based on datamining - this could simply be a new way of categorizing data."

Those skinless void elves look great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I guess this begs the question... would all races get a subrace, or only those four?

I feel like leaving any race out would cause irritation.
    I think we'll only get 4 this expansion. They may branch out later if it suits them. Remember that they delayed draenei/belf model updates because of time constraints, and warlock etc. new animations because they're not ready yet. Realism > people getting mad seems to be their approach for these things.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 2017-10-22 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You have to hold Blizzard at a higher quality, you shouldn't hope for a race along with the sub races, you should expect it. It'd be incredibly lazy of them to just update the current ones (I know it's a lot of work, but not nearly as much as updating the models in WoD) and not add a new race.

I'm personally expecting a dragonkin race (Think Halloween Symmetra) or Naga.
    No if we get subraces we won't get new race which sadens me.
    I love worgen, the lore, the personality but i dislike looking so bad because my model is still old and terrible.
    Now even if we get subraces, some races won't get subraces (think : worgen and pandaren)
    I wanted naga so bad and this next expansion seemed like THE perfect moment for them to become playable but now that these subraces are confirmed we probably won't get a new race

If they really play up the fact that Blood Elves have graduated from being fel oriented to being LIGHT oriented, the inclusion of "void elves" would make perfect sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    no as written its still speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    No if we get subraces we won't get new race which sadens me.
    I love worgen, the lore, the personality but i dislike looking so bad because my model is still old and terrible.
    Now even if we get subraces, some races won't get subraces (think : worgen and pandaren)
    I wanted naga so bad and this next expansion seemed like THE perfect moment for them to become playable but now that these subraces are confirmed we probably won't get a new race
    They aren't confirmed, though. Also, the fact that they mentioned goblin and worgen models recently suggests their models won't be ugly for long

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Uhhhh did you see any druids in Suramar? It would be High Mountain Tauren
    Did you miss the entire quest line about using druidic powers to restore the Nightborne from their diminished forms?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    So, having checked on this, we have found that the database entries are NOT simply copy/pasted from the relating races.

For instance, the Void Elf data is largely based on the Night Elf data, faction and custom options, etc...

But the thing is, while Void Elf flags it's default class as Mage, the default class for Night Elf is Druid.

This implies it is by design and not JUST a shortcut.
    There can be another implication here too. Subraces might be not able to be all classes they stem from. ie Void elves can't be druids probably. Would make sense since high elves can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    They aren't confirmed, though. Also, the fact that they mentioned goblin and worgen models recently suggests their models won't be ugly for long
    Even Genns updated worgen form from the cinematic was kinda meh.

To think there would come a day where the Horde has Night Elves. What has this world come to?

There goes my hype : we're getting subraces probably and no new races. Probably only a few races will get subraces (worgen/pandaren fall out of the boat already).
    I don't want to be a negative nancy but this rly makes my hype leave.
    Actually, based on the choices, I would imagine you'd see additional customization for most races. So in addition to this you would get the 'minor' subraces (Dark Irons, Eredar, Mag'har, Sand trolls, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Did you miss the entire quest line about using druidic powers to restore the Nightborne from their diminished forms?
    Not to mention the high botanist tel'arn. A blend of nature and arcane. Reminds me of the bottanist in the botanica. Druid bloodelf/nightborne would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There can be another implication here too. Subraces might be not able to be all classes they stem from. ie Void elves can't be druids probably. Would make sense since high elves can't be.
    i hope this is the case, that way they could just have broken as a draenei subrace, because i honestly don't feel like it deserves to be its own race.

they wouldn't be able to be priests or paladins.

Four new subraces, three of them being popular races (elves and draenei) make perfect sense. Coupled with updated goblins and worgen that would be enough for Blizzard to call it a day.

Even Genns updated worgen form from the cinematic was kinda meh.
    I wouldn't even call that an upgraded form, at most it was comparable to Garrosh' upgraded model in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That wasn't my point at all... >_>

Many were saying that MAYBE the data was just copy pasted from the other races and that's why it wasn't just 0s across the board.

What I showed there is that they are DIFFERENT from their parent race. This makes it less likely they were done as a shortcut and shows it was at least partially intentional on Blizz's part.

I wouldn't even call that an upgraded form, at most it was comparable to Garrosh' upgraded model in cata.
    It was officially announced as an update i believe. To me he just looked abit fluffier.. I DID like the eyes alot, the glowy effect made me think "THAT'S improvement"

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hope this is the case, that way they could just have broken as a draenei subrace, because i honestly don't feel like it deserves to be its own race.

they wouldn't be able to be priests or paladins.
    Pretty sure there are Broken shadow priests around.

You mean the model that served as the baseline for the new Orc models?

I'd rather have Khadgar as a subrace than more elves too!

Speaking of, Garrosh's model pre SoO was................well his face was psychotic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You mean the model that served as the baseline for the new Orc models?

This one i believe