7+ Year Old Account
    Tides of Vengeance could refer to KT trying to punish Jaina for her acts during WC3?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I screwed up. I edited the post and messed up the edit.

"Tides of Vengeance"
    Well, at least an ocean expansion should have a nice color scheme to it and not more ugly brown/red/green.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Are you sure it's Azshara? Seems something else to me, but I can't make sense of it.
    I screwed up my post edit and put "Azshara" in where I meant to put "Vengeance"

I screwed up my post edit and put "Azshara" in where I meant to put "Vengeance"
    Yeash, I noticed after I posted, now I edited my post as well.

Thanks, Vengeance makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW: ToV doesn't sound too bad. Only gripe being that the acronym is used for a raid, but nothing too bad.

How to spot a fake leak picture 101:

If any of the following apply:
    1) It is taken with a camera in 2017, when it would be much easier and less likely to be caught if you just screenshotted.
    2) It is furthermore taken at a strange angle
    3) The text is cut off and it only shows a portion of the page, rather than the entire thing.

[1]
    [2]
    [3]
    [4]
    [5]
    [6]

Nice color scheme though.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping ToV is the title for the expansion.

Because it is a -great- title for an expansion focused on ships and pirates and Azshara and such. It hearkens back to Tides of War and Tides of Darkness in such a -great- way.

It makes me squirmy with giddy delight!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nice color scheme though.
    Thing about a screenshot is, maybe they don't have access to the files on the machine the logo is displayed on. So it makes more sense to use a camera. And it could be at a strange angle/blurry/only a portion because they were trying to keep the phone/camera hidden or seem like they arent taking pics.
    (wod leak was from a camera, not ss)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I agree. Just name them high elves!

(Void elves sound so cheesy. Edgelord Elves and would be less cheesy)
    If they were to add Void Elves it would have to be an actual new race, not a sub-race. And they would have to be fleshed out pretty considerably. Sticking them in with existing sub-races and just pretending like it isn't a totally new concept is weird.

Ion: Oh, and one more thing. Sub-races. Now you can play as Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Taunka, Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken Draenei, Forest Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Sand Trolls, Mag'har Orcs and Void Elves!

See what I mean? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    Somehow this can`t be done in WOW`s case... We have a deep lore gameplay system and we can`t really bypass that.

We don`t want a Goat People 2.0 kinda situation.
    The reason it can't be done like that is because race determines the starting zone. In FFXIV your starting class determines the city you begin at and you are always an outsider arriving there. So that makes implementing new races and subraces much easier. All the hassle is transferred to classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping ToV is the title for the expansion.

Because it is a -great- title for an expansion focused on ships and pirates and Azshara and such. It hearkens back to Tides of War and Tides of Darkness in such a -great- way.

It makes me squirmy with giddy delight!
    "This Warcraft: Tides trilogy is really weird, missing a lot of stuff in between"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    "This Warcraft: Tides trilogy is really weird, missing a lot of stuff in between"
    I lol'd.

Seriously, though, what a great title?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they were to add Void Elves it would have to be an actual new race, not a sub-race. And they would have to be fleshed out pretty considerably. Sticking them in with existing sub-races and just pretending like it isn't a totally new concept is weird.

Ion: Oh, and one more thing. Sub-races. Now you can play as Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Taunka, Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken Draenei, Forest Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Sand Trolls, Mag'har Orcs and Void Elves!

See what I mean? Sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Same could be said for Lightfroged Draenei then, and with the introduction of Light v Void theme its less cheesy

5+ Year Old Account
    I looked around online, quicklike, and "Tides of Vengeance" is not attached to any previous leak, or more accurately debunked fake leak, so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    I looked around online, quicklike, and "Tides of Vengeance" is not attached to any previous leak, or more accurately debunked fake leak, so far.
    To add to this, from a quick glance at my bookmarked leaks from MMO-C and r/WoW, none seem to call the expansion Tides of Vengeance. So this should probably be considered as a new possible leak not related to any previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Thing about a screenshot is, maybe they don't have access to the files on the machine the logo is displayed on. So it makes more sense to use a camera. And it could be at a strange angle/blurry/only a portion because they were trying to keep the phone/camera hidden or seem like they arent taking pics.
    (wod leak was from a camera, not ss)
    Yeah man, it's less suspicious to lean to the side when you are taking pictures of your monitor, trust me I'm a doctor.
    and I need to cross out the line partially but it's totally not because I just recolored fonts from previous wow logos to make the expansion title.

If you are talking about the logo leak right before announcement, it was leaked from the interview where they accidentally left an image of it in the background of a shot.

Also, friendly reminder that no expansion in the history of the game has had a non-specific title.

The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion

Tides of Vengeance (???)
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-22 at 10:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man, it's less suspicious to lean to the side when you are taking pictures of your monitor, trust me I'm a doctor.
    and I need to cross out the line partially but it's totally not because I just recolored fonts from previous wow logos to make the expansion title.

Just saying in general, people around you are less likely to assume you're taking a picture of something if the phone/camera isn't pointed directly at the subject of the possible picture, not saying that this is real.

And as for the WoD leak, was still a partial camera picture and not a screenshot, regardless of who leaked it and if it was an accident. Even blizz itself doesn't leak ss.

Also, 180 pages to go till announcement!!! Pretty sure Blizzcon day itself will be 100 pages, while the few days leading up will be 30-60 pages per day.

tidesofvengeance.com domain is still available for purchase. Someone could purchase it and then make a lot of money by reselling it to Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    tidesofvengeance.com domain is still available for purchase. Someone could purchase it and then make a lot of money by reselling it to Blizzard.
    Pretty cheap too, hmmmm, should I?

If you are talking about the logo leak right before announcement, it was leaked from the interview where they accidentally left an image of it in the background of a shot.

Also, friendly reminder that no expansion in the history of the game has had a non-specific title.

The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion

Tides of Vengeance (???)
    Tides of Vengeance ???