Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh gosh not this again. Please don't bring old leaks unless there is new info
    I think we should start collecting names for the upcoming expansion, the only rule is Kul Tiras must be part of the name. Maybe we'll guess the name right until they announce it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think we should start collecting names for the upcoming expansion, the only rule is Kul Tiras must be part of the name. Maybe we'll guess the name right until they announce it.
    Elves of Kul Tiras

7+ Year Old Account
    No, we all know #RotL is the one true leak, Refrigerator of the LeiShen, endboss: Nomi.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

As cliche as they are, "Storms of Kul Tiras" or "Tides of Kul Tiras" are the two most plausible to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Cataclysms launch patch was the defacto hypest thing ever though.

Just the whole concept of essentially every single zone changing was probably the best thing ever.

I still remember watching TBs videos on every zone because I didnt have the beta and just being amazed.
    Yeah. Between the revamp of all the zones, the inclusion of old world flying, the new race/class combos and the opening of the greymane wall, Cataclysm was hype incarnate.

Then Firelands raid got pushed back from release to the second content patch, WoA raid pushed to last patch as a dungeon and AM raid ushed offscreen.

Funny how the hypiest expansion ended up being the second worst and the meh expansion ended up being the best(or second best depending on your stance).

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Elves of Kul Tiras
    Queen of Kul Tiras

It might not be who we expect

or Twilight of Kul Tiras
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-10-29 at 10:31 AM.

Also, it's hard to remember that there was also a time that Thrall was one of, if not the most popular character in the game, which may have been part of their decision to pull a "I'm the main character" nature in Cata besides being a shaman. Before it, he still had Messianic vibes and whatnot, but he wasn't a complete pushover, and the Moses/Jesus-esque traits felt like a natural extension of his actions and history. Sometimes it's nice to just have a "good" dude, and in WC3, it felt earned.

BOY DID THEY FIX THAT. I've never seen such a mass-180 on a character's likability among a fandom. Completely took it too far.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2017-10-29 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    The tides of vengeance leak sounds legit
    I'd agree with you except that Kultiras is not in the name

7+ Year Old Account
    Exp name: Kul'Tiras Against Tides of Vengeance from the Eye of Azshara in the Concil of Glades (KATVEACOG)

Deleted
    8.0 is Council of Glades'Tiras

Deleted
    So, I actually had a wow dream last night. Been ages since that happened (I blame this thread ) and it was so wierd. First it was Metzen talking about stuff as if he was lead dev like Ion. And he talked about how amazing the scaling tech was and how it was going to be applied to the old world. And then Ion (wut) suddenly took over and talked about Mythic+ Timewalking and then I was playing Mythic+ Strat UD side. Then I woke up with a "wait..what"

So, if these were going to be features in 8.0, would you like them? Old world scaling is cool, but Mythic+ Timewalking would rock. Mythic+ Zul'Farak, Mythic+ BRD (oh god) Mythic+ Magisters Terrace. Will probably never happen. But would be cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    So, I actually had a wow dream last night. Been ages since that happened (I blame this thread ) and it was so wierd. First it was Metzen talking about stuff as if he was lead dev like Ion. And he talked about how amazing the scaling tech was and how it was going to be applied to the old world. And then Ion (wut) suddenly took over and talked about Mythic+ Timewalking and then I was playing Mythic+ Strat UD side. Then I woke up with a "wait..what"

So, if these were going to be features in 8.0, would you like them? Old world scaling is cool, but Mythic+ Timewalking would rock. Mythic+ Zul'Farak, Mythic+ BRD (oh god) Mythic+ Magisters Terrace. Will probably never happen. But would be cool.
    Mythic+ and Time walking are pretty nice concepts, but it needs very careful tuning or half the raid difficulties will be dead on arrival with loot drops with lower item level than what you have from dungeons.

Deleted

Yes please! I love m+ and that would make so happy

Kul't of Tiras

On the one hand, having a sudden rush of content in the form of scaled versions of old dungeons would be prime.

On the other hand, it's already sometimes challenging to balance the time, difficulty, overall interest (think auto-drop from Oculus, people avoiding HoV or Upper Kara keys) across so many dungeons. Suddenly having a M+ or even just a fully-scaled Mythic version of most, if not all dungeons in history, would probably be a nightmare, and you'd inevitably hit some kinda wall where people are like "UGH, I JUST CAN'T DO ZF, LIVE-STRATH, OR NEXUS."

I can absolutely see them rolling these out in iterations, though. Like, doing 4-6 Timewalking M+s per expansion and maybe 1-3 new ones each patch cycle to add into the rotation.

(And then you have itemizing that many dungeons, oh Jesus fuck. Yeah they already have items in their drop tables, but many have outright bad items no one will ever want, like the different trinket types)

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yeah. Between the revamp of all the zones, the inclusion of old world flying, the new race/class combos and the opening of the greymane wall, Cataclysm was hype incarnate.

Then Firelands raid got pushed back from release to the second content patch, WoA raid pushed to last patch as a dungeon and AM raid ushed offscreen.

Funny how the hypiest expansion ended up being the second worst and the meh expansion ended up being the best(or second best depending on your stance).
    It was sooooo cool to think about War of the Ancients and the ending of Neptulon's arc with Abyssal Maw when the Cata began. It was not cool to see this hype die slowly when it was apparent that neither of those will happen. If it wasn't for WoD, it would be the most dissapointing thing I have seen in the game since 2006.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Kul't of Tiras
    I see what you did there.

Just no. If anything I want timewalking Mythic-, WotLK dungeons like back in the day, pure AoE zergfest. And no nothing right now compares to this, not normal mode dungeons, not even LFR raid - the game has become much better on that front.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account

"LFG M+ BRD, must be free til at least 4am so we can finish"
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlastet View Post
    Yes please! I love m+ and that would make so happy
    It would be a fine way to make older dungeons relevant without trying too hard to make them feel oldschool. That can never happen. Classes and just pure design changed too much. But making them a challenge again in a new way could kill two birds in one stone. It makes the expirience fresh while still nostalgic. Mythic+ MgT would be a complete nightmare I'd imagine. Stuff like the "PvP fight" hoo boy. Some affixes would make that fight utterly brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    On the one hand, having a sudden rush of content in the form of scaled versions of old dungeons would be prime.

On the other hand, it's already sometimes challenging to balance the time, difficulty, overall interest (think auto-drop from Oculus, people avoiding HoV or Upper Kara keys) across so many dungeons. Suddenly having a M+ or even just a fully-scaled Mythic version of most, if not all dungeons in history, would probably be a nightmare, and you'd inevitably hit some kinda wall where people are like "UGH, I JUST CAN'T DO ZF, LIVE-STRATH, OR NEXUS."

I can absolutely see them rolling these out in iterations, though. Like, doing 4-6 Timewalking M+s per expansion and maybe 1-3 new ones each patch cycle to add into the rotation.

(And then you have itemizing that many dungeons, oh Jesus fuck. Yeah they already have items in their drop tables, but many have outright bad items no one will ever want, like the different trinket types)
    Yeah it would be a balancing nightmare and some items just would not fit with current design even when scaled up. It's fun to think about what a horror show M+ BRD would be.
    Last edited by mmoc1f998e34da; 2017-10-29 at 10:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What MoP did then.

I mean Suramar also was tied to rep but that is far too much to expect from each zone.
    The point of Suramar and Molten Front is that the rep stays within the zone, unlike MoP which had one zone lock the others. That was what made MoP rep system terrible, despite some good points.