Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    That's why I think it should be tied to campaigns you can choose form a legion-style strike point board. They would send you to a succession of zones that make sense together. Of course, you could still just ignore it and go do it as a broken mess, but at least there would be guidance to new players and people who like stories that make sense.
    That would pretty much fix that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    ESO's scaling cuts both ways thought, and I would say, overall, it helps immersion more than it hurts it.
    I don't disagree, it still hurts when I see the King from Glenumbra in Rivenspire telling me how leet I am when I have literally never spoken to the dude.

That's why I think it should be tied to campaigns you can choose form a legion-style strike point board. They would send you to a succession of zones that make sense together. Of course, you could still just ignore it and go do it as a broken mess, but at least there would be guidance to new players and people who like stories that make sense.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    But it isn't like that it isn't "Oh yeah did you hear about the Orcs fucking around in Red Ridge?"

Its more, while in Redridge, "Oh I remember you from the forest before! Greetings!"

That really fucks with my immersion on an epic level. ESO has that issue too.
    "Leveling per zone" becomes an outdated concept with scaling. They could do something like "leveling per storyline", in which you pick a storyline and follows its sequence. The storyline is not confined in a single zone, so you can be sent to other areas and back, and in the way you find other storylines you may choose to do or skip.

As such, if you go directly to, say, Redridge, you'll find storylines that begin in Redridge and may either confined there or send you to other places, creating narrative links between zones and allowing you to skip any storylines you are not interested in.

(About old content getting scaled, they could still reinforce minimum level per zone, so players have an idea of what order do them).

5+ Year Old Account
    My preferred scaling design: Minimum Level, no Maximum.

So Elwynn forest would scale from 0 to 110.

But the Western Plaguelands would scale from 35-110.

And all of Outland would scale from 58-110, while Northrend would be 68-110.

That way things still have some scale of danger, but you still get to level through the entire zone if you like. The Exception being Cata content, which should be downscaled to level 60. That way it's the high end of the two original continents, but is still -part- of them.

Plus once you hit 50ish you could go to literally any zone of the EK or Kalimdor and fight enemies of your level, that way. And if Naga do get implemented I'd spend a -lot- of my Naga's leveling career tearing through Vash'jr. I know a lot of people hate the underwater stuff, but I adored it. Particularly the scale of it all and the awesome visuals.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-10-30 at 02:06 PM.

So, something like this maybe:
    "Struggles of Stormwind": campaign that leads you through Elwynn Forest, Redrige Mountains, Westfall, Duskwood and culminates in Northern Stranglethorn (Kurzen)? And perhaps gives you something extra for completing it that way, like unique mount, transmog, tabard or pet.

Deleted
    I'm happy to see people here being more open to leveling scaling. I tried talking about it on the official GD forums and was met with downvote hell and "REEEEE ID QUIT"

The idea of brackets based on expansions or zone leel ranges can also work indeed. Although that'd be a lot of work and I think Blizz would rather go with just making everything scale 1-110 and beyond in later expansions.

I apologize for not being able to properly quote and respond to everyone properly. PC is broken(WoW withdrawal is real to) and im posting on my phone atm and its such a hassle to properly quote and respond to people.

Glad to see people open to the idea though! Didn't expect that. +1 to you MMO-C forums

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Sorry, you missed the reference

Argus, it rhymes with meek...
    Meek, it rhymes with Reek.

I'm getting the Theon treatment right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

So Elwynn forest would scale from 0 to 120.

But the Western Plaguelands would scale from 35-120.

And all of Outland would scale from 58-120, while Northrend would be 68-120.

That way things still have some scale of danger, but you still get to level through the entire zone if you like. The Exception being Cata content, which should be downscaled to level 60. That way it's the high end of the two original continents, but is still -part- of them.

Plus once you hit 50ish you could go to literally any zone of the EK or Kalimdor and fight enemies of your level, that way. And if Naga do get implemented I'd spend a -lot- of my Naga's leveling career tearing through Vash'jr. I know a lot of people hate the underwater stuff, but I adored it. Particularly the scale of it all and the awesome visuals.
    It's close to how I think it should be done, but I also think all past expansions should become "alternate paths" you can choose to follow upon reaching level 60.

So, you could choose to do either Outland, Northrend, Cata content, Pandaria or even WoD on 60+. This allows you to revisit any expansion and level entirely throught it, instead of forcing everyone to do Outland at 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsarsardar View Post
    This thread is so silly, we only have 4 days until blizzcon let’s just wait and see what they announce, shall we?
    Did you know that mamma bear will charge against and mangle any potential threat to her cubs to shreds? Potentially proceeding to then feed off said threat.

I AM MAMMA BEAR

And the posters are MY CUBS

#TeamBear is STRONGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I'm happy to see people here being more open to leveling scaling. I tried talking about it on the official GD forums and was met with downvote hell and "REEEEE ID QUIT"

The idea of brackets based on expansions or zone leel ranges can also work indeed. Although that'd be a lot of work and I think Blizz would rather go with just making everything scale 1-110 and beyond in later expansions.

I apologize for not being able to properly quote and respond to everyone properly. PC is broken(WoW withdrawal is real to) and im posting on my phone atm and its such a hassle to properly quote and respond to people.

Glad to see people open to the idea though! Didn't expect that. +1 to you MMO-C forums
    Lvling scaling, and World Quests are the best decisions in the game. Add that to Dailies, and you have a good MMORPG!

Deleted
    3) The expansions are PARTICULARLY TEDIOUS, with MoP the least tedious (AMAZINGLY!) and WoD the most (unsurprisingly).
    For me it's exactly the inverse, but that's because I've always hated MoP with burning passion and like to pretend it didn't happen (and that pandaren are just furries in cosplay).

All Expansions together as a sort of block, so you can PICK which one to do (yeah, there will be an optimal one, but giving people a choice will make it a lot more pleasant), so you make ALL expansions scale 60-(max level minus 10).
    YES PLEASE. Just so we never have to argue which part of levelling works and which doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    So, something like this maybe:
    "Struggles of Stormwind": campaign that leads you through Elwynn Forest, Redrige Mountains, Westfall, Duskwood and culminates in Northern Stranglethorn (Kurzen)? And perhaps gives you something extra for completing it that way, like unique mount, transmog, tabard or pet.
    Exactly. Wouldn't that be awesome? Didn't even think about rewards for the campaigns, but that makes sense. Even just titles for completing them. Maybe mounts, pets and transmog from doing a set of campaigns that don't tell exactly the same story but deal with similar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Don't see how this would really solve much. Instead of leveling through half a zone and then being overleveled, you'd go through half the zones and do it. There's also the PvP issues (level 60s being encouraged to be in the same areas as level 20/30s).
    remove world pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Did you know that mamma bear will charge against and mangle any potential threat to her cubs to shreds? Potentially proceeding to then feed off said threat.

I AM MAMMA BEAR

And the posters are MY CUBS

#TeamBear is STRONGE.
    #TeamPolarBear

Polar Bear's best Bear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's close to how I think it should be done, but I also think all past expansions should become "alternate paths" you can choose to follow upon reaching level 60.

So, you could choose to do either Outland, Northrend, Cata content, Pandaria or even WoD on 60+. This allows you to revisit any expansion and level entirely throught it, instead of forcing everyone to do Outland at 60.
    Sure. That'd work just fine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    remove world pvp!
    Im not a pvper but id like to see another wpvp zone like tol barad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    #TeamPolarBear

Polar Bear's best Bear.
    Grizzly is STRONGE. (Kodiak is like Grizzly after crack)

Polar is WHITEST. (can be very smart, gr8 4 sweem)

Black bear BLACKEST. (also kina smalle)

Panda is EXOTIC (gr8 for exotic "companion" )

Red Panda SMALLE companion (pet).

Koala not even BEAR but can B for slave.

----------------------

BEAR society:

- GODS: Ursoc + Ursol
    - Importent PPL: Mudmug the GR8, Yoggi, Winnie the Old, me (there is more list here)
    - Society type: EET or B EETEN
    - Favorite food: 1. Salmon 2. Honey 3. Humen
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2017-10-30 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

So Elwynn forest would scale from 0 to 110.

But the Western Plaguelands would scale from 35-110.

And all of Outland would scale from 58-110, while Northrend would be 68-110.

No maximum is the worst possible implementation of level scaling.

Who wants to come back through Elwynn forest at max level and have wolves they killed 12 years ago as a level 3 be a threat? Or quest through the barrens at 95 and be fighting alongside level 15s who are killing the same mobs as you, quicker than you can?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been away all weekend - anything new to note? In addition, my raid lead noticed a rather large Lordaeron shield on the esports screens. Would that be old news by now?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I'm getting the Theon treatment right now.
    Well, from what was datamined about your encounter, it seems you lose your... helm.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.