Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Holy crap! An actual new login screen!
    1/10 not Eye of Azshara again

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean at least he called it a Naruto filler. He could have called it a Bleach filler . . .
    WoD is bleach filler...

So is MoP by 2%....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/c6c08bf351ba8e00...d764e38f41.png i wouldn't even say it's a great fake tbh. Even the font is wrong.
    I struggled to find the right font but I was hoping no one would notice. I tried my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    This is a topic that we essentially cannot have an intelligent discussion about. We can’t fully put ourselves in the shoes of new players and how they feel. And we don’t know how many new players they get.

So no one except Blizz can really say how many the leveling experience affects.
    What type of response is that, hurr durr we aren't new players we can't comment on this aspect of the game in any way

I think you can easily have an intelligent discussion about it lol, but no we don't know exactly how most new players feel about the game and the levelling experience. You can't deny that blizz basically bandaided this issue via level boosts though, its not perfect and it is a bandaid but i think it covers a decent amount of "new people" who are probably the most suspect to just give up on it before knowing what the game has to offer (end game content).

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    @Fahrad Wagner what have i missed over the weekend brother? anything new or are we still in shitposting mode?
    Nothing brother apart from a Lordaeron symbol on the Blizzcon stage that could:

1. Be completely generic since it's a famous Warcraft symbol.
    2. Hints at next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsarsardar View Post
    This thread is so silly, we only have 4 days until blizzcon let’s just wait and see what they announce, shall we?
    Lol, no. This thread is not about the content in it, it's about the people. It brings the community together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Did you know that mamma bear will charge against and mangle any potential threat to her cubs to shreds? Potentially proceeding to then feed off said threat.

I AM MAMMA BEAR

And the posters are MY CUBS

#TeamBear is STRONGE.
    The mighty bear will defend us all. ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I struggled to find the right font but I was hoping no one would notice. I tried my best.
    The only way to redeem yourself is to make an entire fake expansion complete with new raids and dungeons. You have until Friday.
    Hey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    What type of response is that, hurr durr we aren't new players we can't comment on this aspect of the game in any way

I think you can easily have an intelligent discussion about it lol, but no we don't know exactly how most new players feel about the game and the levelling experience. You can't deny that blizz basically bandaided this issue via level boosts though, its not perfect and it is a bandaid but i think it covers a decent amount of "new people" who are probably the most suspect to just give up on it before knowing what the game has to offer (end game content).
    Sure we can put ourselves in the shoes of new players. It's called rolling a new character. And its about as fun as viral hepatitis. Trust me, I tried both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    The only way to redeem yourself is to make an entire fake expansion complete with new raids and dungeons. You have until Friday.
    Well, I guess I better get started then. I think I should be done just in time for the opening ceremony.

Do we even know if the 4 subraces are a thing? For all we know they could just be a new way of categorizing sub racers for npcs only? Or maybe Blizzard is doing this deliberately to throw us off? It's interesting because the 4 we have are all legion specific sub-races. Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, and Void Elves like aleria.

Not necessarily. If they don't have an online database and just carve trademarks on seashells you will never know.

By the way what if all the banana tweets are clues for a ghost pirate expansion?

Banana - monkey- curse of monkey island.
    If we get bananas / monkeys / ghost islands they better easter egg the shit out of Guybrush Threepwood. These games are my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When they registered Legion they did it as World of Warcraft: Legion.

They don't need to trademark ahead of time. They can trademark WoW: Tides of Walgreen's Lines and use copyright law magic technicalities to make it apply across the board to the surname.

We're never gonna get a TM leak again because they're just too good at it now. One not appearing doesn't actually mean anything.
    Nobody can trademark Legion. Just like nobody can trademark Cataclysm. They're common english words.

So since they own World of Warcraft, adding words like that is fine. Nobody but them could trademark World of Warcraft: Cataclysm or World of Warcraft: Legion, because they own the relevant part of it.

"Tortollan of Kul Tiras", however, can be trademarked.

They can't announce a product called "World of Warcraft: Tortollan of Kul Tiras", if another company has just filed "Tortollan of Kul Tiras" because they overheard it was going to be the next WoW expansion, and wanted to attack Blizzard.

I'm sure they could fight for the ownership, and they'd eventually get it, but that'd be months down the line.

So, if the next expansion isn't "The Storm" or something as common as that, they must own the trademark before the announcement. That doesn't mean the trademark must be public, as discussed earlier, but they must own it.

Chances are, they've already trademarked the next expansion somewhere that won't make it public until after the release. But if they haven't, we can speculate about names that don't contain Warcraft-specific nouns, like Cataclysm or Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    lmao just go to worldofwarcraft.com/kul'tiras
    You can go to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/as...sagfasgasgagas and receive the same 404 page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap people, slow down. Not fun scanning through 50+ pages every time I log on to read this thread.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Holy crap people, slow down. Not fun scanning through 50+ pages every time I log on to read this thread.....
    Worst case is that when you do, you find that maybe 1% of it is interesting. Was through this twice today: when I woke up and when I returned from uni.
    What happened was false hype because of Lordaeron symbol on PvP stage, and a bit about zone scaling

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure we can put ourselves in the shoes of new players. It's called rolling a new character. And its about as fun as viral hepatitis. Trust me, I tried both.
    My wife and I found one way to make it kind of fun (get your mind out of the gutter you flithy bastard!), which is to level solely by duo'ing dungeons, preferably when they're like your level or just above (not below). It does mean a lot of traveling around the world to dungeons, of course (easier if you have the two 10000g map heirlooms), but actually involves playing a character whilst leveling and using abilities and sometimes you even have to come up with a strategy to beat a boss or even get killed!

Amazingly, even including travel, this appears to be slightly faster than questing, and about the same speed as chain-queuing for dungeons, because you get MEGA XP from the mobs themselves (except for some weird-ass shit in some dungeons where the mobs before the first boss seem to have really nerfed XP, but it's all fine after that).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    You don't have to. Just look for the nearest leakbuster banner for the ketchup doc. Everything that isn't shitposting or Taylor Swift, will be there.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Inb4 Kerrigan and Raynor show up...

I mean come on, nobody currently knows their whereabouts, so it IS somewhat half plausible.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2017-10-30 at 04:36 PM. Reason: fixed typo

I think a dynamic quest system and level scaling like in guild wars 2 (no option if scaling or not, you scale) would help wow a lot. together with world quests it would be a great thing in my opinion.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    My wife and I found one way to make it kind of fun (get your mind out of the gutter you flithy bastard!), which is to level solely by duo'ing dungeons, preferably when they're like your level or just above (not below). It does mean a lot of traveling around the world to dungeons, of course (easier if you have the two 10000g map heirlooms), but actually involves playing a character whilst leveling and using abilities and sometimes you even have to come up with a strategy to beat a boss or even get killed!

Amazingly, even including travel, this appears to be slightly faster than questing, and about the same speed as chain-queuing for dungeons, because you get MEGA XP from the mobs themselves (except for some weird-ass shit in some dungeons where the mobs before the first boss seem to have really nerfed XP, but it's all fine after that).
    So the fun way is to ignore the open world content. Yeah. Shows how "unnecessary" an old world revamp is.

LFG TOOL killed the social experience of group finding and general friends in WOW! There! I said IT!
    To look for someone was a big part of the social life back then. It was a good filter on how to wash out the dumb cunts in general. Friends would stick back then. Now with LFG tool you might just get a bot. No one cares really!!! It is a sad thing and in all due fairness LFG tool should be kicked the fuck out and general/city chatting should come back to the game. YES IT SHOULD!