10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It depends. Kul'Tiras seems very likely. But I was burned by The Dark Below.

Everyone was punting to the title of a kraken from Cata and the Ra-Den speech about a "dark chasm beneath us" and saying how there's no possible way it could be anything else....

And look where that got us.

No matter how likely it seems, we could be wrong. For all we know, Jaina could have spent Legion founding New Theramore as a territory of Kul'Tiras. The Lighthouse could be an updated version of the Theramore light house and the quest gear could be Kul'Tiras themed sets rewarded in New Theramore.

Now, I'm not saying that scenario is more likely than an actual Kul'Tiras expansion, but no one thought time traveling AU Orcs were more likely than N'zoth either.
    I mean I'm still having some doubt of Kul'Tiras but we will see. On the off chance that I'm wrong. That's not cynicism on my part, just being cautious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Unless Blizzard changed the naming scheme for quest items, "Kul Tiras" will be in the expansion's title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Am I looking too much into it? Considering its generic. (front page)

World Map Continents
    TheMaelstromContinent - Name changed from "The Maelstrom" to "TheMaelstromContinent".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Probably reading too much into it. ..............................But I hope Blizzard proves us wrong >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Probably reading too much into it. ..............................But I hope Blizzard proves us wrong >_>
    It's most likely just a formatting inconsistency being fixed.

If you zoom out of your map to the view of Azeroth as a whole, you'll see that you have your clickable continents (Kalimdor, EK, Northrend, Pandaria, Broken Isles) as well as a clickable Maelstrom, which includes the maps for Kezan, the Lost Isles, Deepholme, and the islands surrounding the Maelstrom you go to during the intro to Deepholme.

This collective map was probably just labeled "TheMaelstrom" so for consistency with how the other "continent" maps are, I assume, labeled (e.g. KalimdorContinent), they changed it to "TheMaelstromContinent".

It depends. Kul'Tiras seems very likely. But I was burned by The Dark Below.

Everyone was punting to the title of a kraken from Cata and the Ra-Den speech about a "dark chasm beneath us" and saying how there's no possible way it could be anything else....

And look where that got us.

No matter how likely it seems, we could be wrong. For all we know, Jaina could have spent Legion founding New Theramore as a territory of Kul'Tiras. The Lighthouse could be an updated version of the Theramore light house and the quest gear could be Kul'Tiras themed sets rewarded in New Theramore.

Now, I'm not saying that scenario is more likely than an actual Kul'Tiras expansion, but no one thought time traveling AU Orcs were more likely than N'zoth either.
    The Dark Below was related to Destiny, so you shouldn't feel to bad.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-08-09 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't see how can Kul'tiras fit into any title, to be honest. I wonder how I'll be surprised about that.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

It isn't cynicism to be skeptical of jumping to conclusions based on a the name of a single armor set.

Kul'Tiras seems likely based upon our limited evidence; but it is by no means the "obvious" expansion.

There are plenty of plausible reasons for Kul'Tiras having an armor set in the new expansion without Kul'Tiras actually being in the new expansion.

It's fun to speculate or try to extrapolate off of what we know, but some people get carried away and forget that all we know is that at some point Blizzard plans to implement an armor set based off Kul'Tiras.

It could be a quest chain, a mini holiday, or any number of things that they plan to use that set for.

So just because a Kul'Tiras expansion seems the most likely at this point doesn't mean we are definitely getting one...

But my fingers are crossed for the south seas expansion.
    In that case, why would they draw a map onto the piece of armor? Also, there are several hints throughout the expansion, e.g. Tirasian items, Tirasian soldiers in Azsuna, Jaina being highlighted for BlizzCon, etc.

I don't think you are... If anynthing looks like a hint, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    In that case, why would they draw a map onto the piece of armor? Also, there are several hints throughout the expansion, e.g. Tirasian items, Tirasian soldiers in Azsuna, Jaina being highlighted for BlizzCon, etc.
    Because it's a nautical themed set of clothing, so it has ropes and maps.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't think you are... If anynthing looks like a hint, this is it.
    I agree. It's as close to a hint as it gets.

Unless they are trolling us of course like they did with Karazhan Electric Boogaloo patch strings during WoD (I think)...

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I agree. It's as close to a hint as it gets.

Unless they are trolling us of course like they did with Karazhan Electric Boogaloo patch strings during WoD (I think)...
    Like I said, it's almost certainly just a formatting change for the existing Maelstrom cluster map.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Like I said, it's almost certainly just a formatting change for the existing Maelstrom cluster map.
    Could be, the question "why now?" remains though. It's been a long while, and they are fully aware that people are speculating about "south seas" (I really wish we found some other name for those), so it could be done on purpose to troll us like Toro suggests, or they could be reusing that fairly empty continent. Only time will tell, I suppose

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    OK now i'm really getting pumped and hyped, they are just toying with us at this point but i like it, and i want it to never end because the reveal will probably end in utter dissapointment by the forum-people

Could be, the question "why now?" remains though. It's been a long while, and they are fully aware that people are speculating about "south seas" (I really wish we found some other name for those), so it could be done on purpose to troll us like Toro suggests, or they could be reusing that fairly empty continent. Only time will tell, I suppose
    Doesn't need to be reused, someone probably just noticed the inconsistency and decided to fix it.

Doesn't need to be reused, someone probably just noticed the inconsistency and decided to fix it.
    I know that's a possibility, but you can't say the time is not suspicious at all, all things considered (and also considering that they don't seem to have fixed a single other string on the build)

Because it's a nautical themed set of clothing, so it has ropes and maps.
    A map of an undefined landmass (that's most likely the landmass for the upcoming expansion).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Okay I don't get where you guys are getting the September 2018 release date from, you do realize 7.3 is likely to launch at the end of August and with the raid in October/Nov, right? Then you'll have the pre-patch and the beta running at the same time shortly after the raid is released.

It'll be early summer at the latest, not september. They didn't want 2 / 3 years between each expansion.

I know that's a possibility, but you can't say the time is not suspicious at all, all things considered (and also considering that they don't seem to have fixed a single other string on the build)
    It isn't. New world maps were just added and updated in this patch (Argus) so someone probably noticed when dealing with those. There are plenty of other string fixes, Mythic Keystones were fixed and there's an entire string changes section.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    A map of an undefined landmass (that's most likely the landmass for the upcoming expansion).
    Yes, exactly.

It's a completely undefined landmass that looks nothing like Kul Tiras, which has a consistent and distinct shape in both the Wow manual's map of Lordaeron, and in the recent Chronicles map. I.e. it is probably nothing and just a random map.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    well if we look at the time it took from warlords to legion, it took 14 months, but that was with the raid releasing shortly after patch day. if we take into consideration the 11 weeks, it will only take about 9-11 months, so it'll be late summer - early fall