Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Did you even try WoW lore?

Guess what? Didn't make sense neither. Stop replying, you lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    I remember when the Shipyards came out in WoD and everyone speculated it was a test for player ships in future.

(I think people also mentioned that the devs like to test features out on a small-scale before implementing them i.e. the farm in Pandaria which then was expanded into the Garrison in WoD)
    Or the recently added boat event.

The water floor in the Tomb of Sargeras might've been another test, or glimpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That seems like a pretty huge stretch.

I mean that's what, a couple brown skin colors for orcs? A darker grey skintone for dwarves and a couple with tattoos. An antler horn option for tauren and maybe a taunka hair option or two? Nightborne options for Night Elves would be neat, but I can't really see that happening, since Tyrande doesn't seem to like them all that much, and they've just retaken their home.

2 races, 1 class, 2 races, 1 class and one race, updated race models, 1 class, ...some recolor and hair/accessory options?

I'm not sure I buy that. Race/Class additions are a major part of every expansion, even Warlords, the expansion many would argue is the least amount of content, still put effort into that sector.
    Yeah, I'm sorry but that sounds like a side feature. Blizzard adds that stuff alongside new content every expansion. For example, when DKs were introduced, we also got the Barbershop, which featured new hairstyles, skin tone (depending on race), hair colors, etc. and the DKs got new class-specific undead models. Since every race at the time could be a DK, that meant every race got an undead model with multiple new faces, skin tones, etc.

If these "sub-races" are actually going to be THE feature of the next expansion, they would need to be as extensive (if not moreso) than the WoD racial remodels (which also included more barbershop options).

Does every race even have a sub-race equivalent?

Would be pretty cool if the whole of Azeroth's ocean becomes explorable with interest points spreaded out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering Ion said that when you're level 112 dragons will play a major role, I'd say it's gonna likely be a dragon expansion or Infinite Dragonflight related expansion.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

I want more options for our current races, not more races, focus more on what we got. They should also update the goblins and worgen(fix worgen female especially).
    And add diffrent body shapes, that would be frigging awesome. Also optional straight back orcs, trolls and forsakens. That would be neat, rather then spend time on a whole new race that either the fanbase will love or dislike.

So I hope not for a new race, not naga, not ethereals, not high elves, not ogres or any other race for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Considering Ion said that when you're level 112 dragons will play a major role, I'd say it's gonna likely be a dragon expansion or Infinite Dragonflight related expansion.
    Or the long lost...

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Am I missing something? What's this about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, that's probably what he's talking about.

Yet another set of islands for us to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Person I was responding to wanted no tank, no animals (pets?), no healing, no traps, etc. So like 2 to 3 copies of your first spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Burst bubbles? You give yourself too much credit.
    Regardless of whether you're right or not, you're wrong. They have more than enough for new leveling + endgame zones and three raid tiers.
    Like the Emerald Dream? Take a look at what Blizzard have done concerning the South Seas. They have made an underwater zone. People hated it. They tried making a themed under water raid and they pulled it cause it was shit. When you compare it to the shit that they did do in Cata, it must have been really bad. I will take all the credit for bursting bubbles. N'Zoth raid and 5 man Azshara. 8.2. You heard it here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    We got a Blizz employee here boiz, ready to share some juicy info. lol
    LOL, I like making snarky comments and then handing out high fives. Grow up mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Well, the other items you show make direct reference to the expansion and not the zone (it says legionquest, not brokenislesquest), so it would imply kul'tiras getting the broken isles treatment and becoming an entire continent. Not quite what I wish, but who knows what kul'tiras even means these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    Oooh I've just seen something interesting. Apparently they have various sites and settlements.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Kul_Tiras

Hope you're all prepared for World of Warcraft: Kul'Tiras
    Just looked at the map again. Kul'Tiras is the entire island, or at least the northwest, upper portion.

There's an arrow pointing to Boralus. It's at the west coast of the island.

Definitely a Broken Isles treatment.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-07-07 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Lmao are you seriously trying to argue that the last old god and the most powerful mage ever to live on Azeroth are less expansion content than a bunch of Orcs with axes? ell oh ell
    - - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what I am saying. As "powerful" foes come, these guys are pathetic. Even Jaina would handle Azshara. Compared to what we are killing now, Azshara is nobody. N'Zoth? Blizzard have specifically said that they are just agents of beings who are powerful. Heard of the watchers? That's who N'Zoth is, but for the void. When did we beat watchers? LEVEL FUCKING 70. Worth an expansion? I think not. A raid? Sure.

Once you look at the relative power levels of our "foes" you come to understand that there is no way that we would have a N'Zoth expansion, especially when every old god we have fought, if you ignore Garosh because he wasn't an old god, have never been the main boss for an expansion. They have never been the focus of an expansion. It is laughable that all of a sudden, right after Blizzard has relegated the status of old gods, that people think they are going to release an old god expansion. People need to get their head out of their asses and actually think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Am I missing something? What's this about?
    Check the Jesse Cox/Wowcrendor's interview with Ion from a few days ago, he says that referring to the Chromie scenario.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what I am saying. As "powerful" foes come, these guys are pathetic. Even Jaina would handle Azshara. Compared to what we are killing now, Azshara is nobody. N'Zoth? Blizzard have specifically said that they are just agents of beings who are powerful. Heard of the watchers? That's who N'Zoth is, but for the void. When did we beat watchers? LEVEL FUCKING 70. Worth an expansion? I think not. A raid? Sure.

Once you look at the relative power levels of our "foes" you come to understand that there is no way that we would have a N'Zoth expansion, especially when every old god we have fought, if you ignore Garosh because he wasn't an old god, have never been the main boss for an expansion. They have never been the focus of an expansion. It is laughable that all of a sudden, right after Blizzard has relegated the status of old gods, that people think they are going to release an old god expansion. People need to get their head out of their asses and actually think.
    Umm what? We have levels for gameplay reasons, it's not a measure of power. It's not even relevant to lore.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-07-07 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Even Jaina would handle Azshara. Compared to what we are killing now, Azshara is nobody.
    Paging Dr Friendlyimmolation. Here is a fool with zero understanding of lore waiting to be crushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

After we took down Deathwing in Cataclysm, we fought each other and Garrosh in MoP. MoP was far better than Cataclysm, despite the downgrade in stakes and power-level.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Snip]
    It's a bit silly that you are asking for something to be shoved in your face in order to be recognized, and then in that very same post complaining about how Vanilla storytelling was better because it was scattered and subtle.
    You seem to have completely misunderstood my point. I'm not asking for them to shove lore in my face, I'm asking for them to build the Void Lords up, make them do something noteworthy, make me care about killing them, because currently, large chunks of the playerbase don't. A few allusions to the existence of something and/or said thing's "unseen plots" isn't the kind of development they need.

Let's look at two of the hallmark "big bad" factions in Warcraft:
    Burning Legion:
    -1st Invasion led to the sundering of the Azerothian supercontinent. The fall of one of the greatest empires in Azeroth's history, etc.
    -Used the Orcish Horde as a vanguard, effectively kickstarting the story of the franchise (retconned in, I know).
    -Created the Scourge to serve as a vanguard for their invasion.
    -Wiped out Dalaran
    -Felwood
    etc.

The list could go on, but they've made an obvious and noteworthy impact on Azeroth. Their actions have shaped and changed the world.

Scourge:
    -Wiped out Lordaeron
    -Defiled a very large chunk of the Northern Eastern Kingdoms
    -Helped wipe out Dalaran
    -Severely damaged Silvermoon. Defiled the Sunwell. Started the mana addiction of the then-High Elves. Driving force behind the name change.
    -Indirectly contributed to the repelling of the Burning Legion (Arthas & Illidan Skull of Gul'dan dialogue)

What have the Void Lords/Void done save for act indirectly through Old Gods? Why should players care? Some find themselves struggling to care about Old Gods at this point, due to their indirect nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh I don't know, this looks a lot like history repeating itself for the, uh, 6th time. And hell, is not like Legion itself had Kul Tiras NPCs right in Azsuna. I find rather hilarious all the flipping over something as unsubstantiated like that.
    I hope so, but let me put things this way: While the Azshara-crowd has a track record of failure (bigger than Vol'jin's ), I was on the "Iron Horde datamining means nothing"-train. I was stupid enough to think we wouldn't be killing any more Orcs after Pandaria. I'm a little more sensitive to these sorts of things.

Regardless, fingers crossed for a miracle.

Gonna need a source on Blizzard saying that they would not ever do a neutral race again. Also it's completely beyond me why anyone would want Vrykul, they are quite literally just tall, slightly hunched humans.
    Yes, and Forsaken are literally just dead humans. Blood Elves are literally just pale, thin Night Elves, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Going by all of your posts I've been seeing for the past few weeks, there seems to be no pleasing you at all.

Especially if the possibility of the next expansion keeping us on Azeroth instead of space, which you wanted I might add.

Make up your damn mind!
    There's plenty that can please me, actually, but I get that such comments are a way to discredit contrary opinions on MMO-C.

I actually specifically mentioned Azshara as a way to keep us out of space. Not because I wanted it, or even liked it, but because space is worse. You know, kind of like how, say, syphilis is preferable to AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    If you don't use your brain, yea.
    No, Vash'ir was terrible. @Dreadlack is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    death to ogres, thumbs up for naga!
    thumbsdown.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Tinker is fine. Naga is a stupid idea.
    Is it opposite day?

- - - Updated - - -

This comment is lore-wise absolutely ridiculous.

EVERY (!!!) Old God we fought was either weakened, trapped or dead. N'zoth, if we'll deal with him, is neither weakened nor trapped nor dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I want more options for our current races, not more races, focus more on what we got. They should also update the goblins and worgen(fix worgen female especially).
    And add diffrent body shapes, that would be frigging awesome. Also optional straight back orcs, trolls and forsakens. That would be neat, rather then spend time on a whole new race that either the fanbase will love or dislike.

So I hope not for a new race, not naga, not ethereals, not high elves, not ogres or any other race for that matter.
    Uh, why can't we have all of that AND new races?

An expansion where the main "new" feature is that you can be a brown Orc that stands up straight doesn't sound all that exciting, nor does it do a good job of drawing in new and old players.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Please, no more elves D:
    But they could be smaller. Naga are somehow elves, too. We could call the new race frog people.

Anyone thinking we will fight humans in new expansion? Something like.. Kul'Tiras is now bad.. something like WoD, just for the alliance? Kul Tiras has a big hate for the horde and seeing the alliance teaming up with the horde against the legion might get them mad (also Jaina and Theramore). Bosses are the whole Proudmoore clan, with Jaina and Daelin as Raidbosses? Jaina could take Dalaran as a Raid Dungeon.. so many possibilities!