Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Maybe we'll finally find out who Elune is for good, what her connection with Elunaria and Eonar are, and why they've kept it a mystery this whole time.
    They didn't really keep it a mystery.

They said before WoD, I think, that Elune is 99% a Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by AskCDev

Is Elune a naaru?

During a recent visit to Darnassus by Velen, he explained that the kaldorei's description of Elune, as well as the demonstrated powers of the goddess, matched his experiences with powerful naaru. He began to offer advice regarding how to commune with powerful naaru, but Tyrande thanked him for his opinion, then cordially requested that he refrain from making such outlandish claims when in Darnassus or in the presence of Elune's priesthood.

What is Elune? Is she tied to any other beings (Naaru, Titans, Loa, Elementals, An'she, etc) in the setting’s cosmology?

See the final answer in Ask Creative Development, Round 2. Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-11-02 at 05:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The second moon disappeared at some point, and I think it came back with MoP (which is quite late ) or Cata.
    Correct.
    /tenchars

Moon expansion has to tie into the Light and Dark theming present in Argus and the subraces. Elune is the moon, who is the sun?

The second moon disappeared at some point, and I think it came back with MoP (which is quite late ) or Cata.
    ...Unless the moon was dead all along and what came back was an incarnation of N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend just sent pics of the Blizzcon store catalog. Two mystery OW shirts and one mystery OW print, one mystery HoTS shirt, One mystery WoW shirt and one mystery WoW print. They will be revealed after the opening ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They didn't really keep it a mystery.

They said before WoD, I think, that Elune is 99% a Naaru.
    That's just a "theory" by Velen though, isn't it?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    World of Warcraft: Council of Glades

Jaina Proudmoore, the Windrunner sisters, Calia Menethil and a few other lasses form a secret covenant in Lordaeron with the aim of taking down the Old Gods. The expansion re-introduces a proper day/night cycle and there are updates to the sky textures and weather effects. The theme is heavily focused around the night, moving in the shadows beneath the moon. Working in secrecy in order to overthrow an overwhelming enemy. Eyes and ears everywhere.
    ...WoW does have a proper, 24 hour night cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, you beat me to it. I thought it was my time to shine with the moon lore!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    On the topic of WoW astronomy, the smaller moon (called "The Blue Child") disappeared from the game in Patch 1.10.0 and was added back in Patch 5.0.4. And they also made it fit in with the lore somehow:
    I very much doubt that's canon anymore.

But I still think Azeroth being a Titan makes her two satellites more interesting. If the Titans placed them there, they must have had a reason, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...Unless the moon was dead all along and what came back was an incarnation of N'zoth.
    At this rate, we're gonna be N'zoth...

10+ Year Old Account
    We are ALL N'Zoth on this blessed day!

So... has there actually been any sort of confirmation that a new expac is being announced?

So close, it's hard not to feel paranoid. I mean, it's a pretty big assumption to think they'll announce 8.0. The raid isn't even out yet!

I'm really starting to feel like there won't be any expansion announcement. The 2 year cycle is a result of their attempts to do a 1 year cycle. They announced that they weren't shooting for 1 year any more. It suddenly feels very presumptuous to think a new expac reveal is coming.

5+ Year Old Account
    je ne aime pas N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Hammond has been teased more than Athena and Winston still needs a rival.
    Well, yes, but people have been begging for another support and Hammond, being a villain, shouldn't be one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Moon expansion has to tie into the Light and Dark theming present in Argus and the subraces. Elune is the moon, who is the sun?
    Well if we wanna get technical instead of dreaming.

It also needs to tie into Kul'tiras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    That's just a "theory" by Velen though, isn't it?
    Yeah, they never really confirmed it, it was just a theory due to..I assume based what Velen knew.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I think the Wound has a fair chance of introducing the next plot, but it could also just be commemorative like the Deathwing Jaw.

I'm hoping they go somewhere with it, but we should he prepared for it the possibility it'll just be aesthetic.
    I think it'll be a way to drain AP and a commemorative thing, but not a huge expansion hook. Will have something to do with it? Sure, but I don't think it'll be ALL ABOUT AQ40 or shit like that

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    So... has there actually been any sort of confirmation that a new expac is being announced?

So close, it's hard not to feel paranoid. I mean, it's a pretty big assumption to think they'll announce 8.0. The raid isn't even out yet!

I'm really starting to feel like there won't be any expansion announcement. The 2 year cycle is a result of their attempts to do a 1 year cycle. They announced that they weren't shooting for 1 year any more. It suddenly feels very presumptuous to think a new expac reveal is coming.
    It will be announced, do not worry my sweet child.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    ...WoW does have a proper, 24 hour night cycle.
    "Proper" yet some places are 7/24 night. Like Duskwood and Gilneas