7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I dislike agreeing with you, but I have to agree with you.

I am sure you loved the Broken Shore then yeah? Cuz thats the precedent they set with this shit. Its okay to spread single quests out over months.
    And then with Argus they wen't back on that philosophy and released it all in 3 weeks.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

They stated that they weren't sure as they're early in development but that it is possible. Crossing my fingers for that, much of our old mog was lost during the cataclysm conversion, such as the unique purple hat from Tabetha in Dustwallow Marsh.
    Ohh I would definitely play if battle.net account bound transmog went over. Just so I can one day get the Druid T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Which is a good thing in the long run. I take content that's spread a bit further apart any day over content that is immediately accessible and then nothing for 13+ months.
    No, it's not a good thing, or rather it's only good if you compare it to doing nothing. There are other alternatives that are way better. Like *cough* doing more content and doing better content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But about 10-12 months (September-November release) is what most are expecting, still less than a year of Antorus.

And don't forget that on the Demo floor they have more stuff than they did in the Blizzcon 2015 demo (just the Demon hunter starting area, not even the whole things, only the Mardum part)
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    2. They were doing the BG for 8.0, but since 8.0 seems to be far away, they decouple what they can from it and deliver that earlier. To try to keep everyone busy because the real expansion is far away.

Both ways, 8.0 is a long time away.
    As long as they keep giving batches of content meanwhile, the wait will be doable. There's Ulduar TW coming, 7.3.5 with the scaling (useless without at least first sub race) and the battleground, and at some point, pre-launch stuff should start. They've shown in Legion their timing got better, if they keep that up, it might be much less tedious wait even at 10-12 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    It's confirmed to be the 28th of November, by the way.
    Oh yeah, just checked wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/news=275497/a...-november-28th

So only 2 weeks delay. Not much.

And then with Argus they wen't back on that philosophy and released it all in 3 weeks.
    I would take a guess and say it probably had something to do with a very rapid decline in players. I will give Argus this, it was regardless of timegating, much better than Broken Shore in all aspects besides music, fuck the music on Argus.

No, it's not a good thing, or rather it's only good if you compare it to doing nothing. There are other alternatives that are way better. Like *cough* doing more content and doing better content.
    Because "Just do more, Blizzard" is such a reliable thing to happen. I doubt it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    As long as they keep giving batches of content meanwhile, the wait will be doable. There's Ulduar TW coming, 7.3.5 with the scaling (useless without at least first sub race) and the battleground, and at some point, pre-launch stuff should start. They've shown in Legion their timing got better, if they keep that up, it might be much less tedious wait even at 10-12 months.
    Yeah, the x.x.5 patches definitely helped a lot with content, especially since it's evergreen

- - - Updated - - -

much better than Broken Shore in all aspects besides music, fuck the music on Argus.
    I'll take your word on that, I prefer listening to 2SFH when playing wow (other than expansion launch)

You aren't even seeing it any longer, are you?

You praise them for taking "just" 3 weeks to release a patch.

Patched used to be released in a single day. What you are praising is logging in on patch day and hitting a wall two hours later, because it's not week two yet, and then repeating this excercise the next week.

Gz to Blizzard, they adjusted your expectations the way they wanted. Maybe some time later you will be saying that an expansion with no new features and just the "good stuff" like world quests and mythic+ instances carried to a couple of new zones is completely normal and fine and worth $60 plus $15 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So, at the Q&A yesterday, they said that these are allied races and not subraces, they are not going to be copy pastas from the race they're attached to.

So I don't know about you guys but that really makes me think they might make Vrykul for humans, they'll probably be scaled down in size but I think that's whats next for them. I would assume that humans and undead get theirs at the same time.
    While they won't be copy pastes, most of them share (most of) the skeleton with an existing race as I speculated a while back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Other than the 7.2 Legionfall "campaign" (that thing was a complete joke) the content was plentiful and fun for me. Both the .x and .x.5 patches.

So can we talk about the new lighting effects? Not even the artists seemed to mention them.

Pic related. An actual shot of the game itself, this isn't concept art. This isn't a painting. This is the game.

Full Sized Link: https://i.imgur.com/JHO9uyx.png

7+ Year Old Account
    You aren't even seeing it any longer, are you?

You praise them for taking "just" 3 weeks to release a patch.
    I'm not praising the because going from 11 to 3 weeks. I'm praising them because I know I'd do all the content in 1 week and then complain(like people have been doing every expansion unless it's rep gated). This way I had something to every reset(or weekend if im busy during the week)

Other than the 7.2 Legionfall "campaign" (that thing was a complete joke) the content was plentiful and fun for me. Both the .x and .x.5 patches.
    No problems with you having fun, there is an audience for everything, including numeric grinds.

7+ Year Old Account
    No problems with you having fun, there is an audience for everything, including numeric grinds.
    Haven't farmed AP/BiS gear since before 7.1.5 launched. Most of the mounts I got just by doing WQ, so haven't even grinded them specifically.

I'm not praising the because going from 11 to 3 weeks. I'm praising them because I know I'd do all the content in 1 week and then complain(like people have been doing every expansion unless it's rep gated). This way I had something to every reset(or weekend if im busy during the week)
    The false dichotomies that keep appearing are just hilarious. I remarked earlier that your "either / or"s are myopic. You are doing the same here. You think that it must be "either" having all content unlocked immediately and then you just immediately do it and get bored, "or" stretching and gating it artificially and then you can't do it and can't get bored for longer. There are other alternatives, Blizzard themselves had plenty of variants outside of these dumb alternatives in previous expansions (and in current expansion as well). You are just being irrational, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't farmed AP/BiS gear since before 7.1.5 launched. Most of the mounts I got just by doing WQ, so haven't even grinded them specifically.
    Cool and not sure why I should care. Change "maybe you like numeric grinds" in my post to you to "maybe you like randomly wandering around doing nothing" or even "maybe you like sitting on the forum not playing" or whatever.

So can we talk about the new lighting effects? Not even the artists seemed to mention them.

Pic related. An actual shot of the game itself, this isn't concept art. This isn't a painting. This is the game.
    They shied away of directly mentioning a lot of the tech improvements this year.

• Water updates (being able to texture the top of it, refracting around mob legs)
    • New fog system (files for it showed up in 7.2.5)
    • Partial rendering pipeline rewrite (mentioned by employees to a friend of mine)
    • Shared skeleton between models (first seen in 7.3.0) mostly for sub races, someone in threads mentioned Tortollans also using this)
    • A lot of work on saving memory (to be in 7.3.5)

I'm sure there's way more and we've already seen some of them being backported to the 7.x branch. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of these as soon as 7.3.5.

5 of the 7 I know who played on the 'other servers' already said if it has a sub they won't be playing it.
    Who would pay sub for not blizzard-level quality of course

WoW do look better than some newer games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They shied away of directly mentioning a lot of the tech improvements this year.

• Water updates (being able to texture the top of it, refracting around mob legs)
    • New fog system (files for it showed up in 7.2.5)
    • Partial rendering pipeline rewrite (mentioned by employees to a friend of mine)
    • Shared skeleton between models (first seen in 7.3.0) mostly for sub races, someone in threads mentioned Tortollans also using this)
    • A lot of work on saving memory (to be in 7.3.5)

I'm sure there's way more and we've already seen some of them being backported to the 7.x branch. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of these as soon as 7.3.5.
    Think I saw that Tortollan part too, something about them using Pandaren skeletons