I really hope the new races are not locked behind rep grinds, I will do it if I need to because I really want a Zandalari warrior but wont enjoy it. I would very much prefer a nice long quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I really hope the new races are not locked behind rep grinds, I will do it if I need to because I really want a Zandalari warrior but wont enjoy it. I would very much prefer a nice long quest line.
    Locked behind reps itself isn't bad. Faction gated behind reps would be annoying.

That would mean every Horde player wanting to play Void Elves would have to farm.. - what? Argussian Reach rep to possibly exalted on an Alliance character? Not sure how many Hordies are in for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That would mean every Horde player wanting to play Void Elves would have to farm.. - what? Argussian Reach rep to possibly exalted on an Alliance character? Not sure how many Hordies are in for that.
    Hordler wanting to play scum elfs? yeah no

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Hordler wanting to play scum elfs? yeah no
    They're Blood Elves.

My eyes can only roll so far into the back of my skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're Blood Elves.

My eyes can only roll so far into the back of my skull.
    Pretty sure Nightborne are closer to Night Elves than they are to Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Something tells me you were one of the ones who always cried doom when Subs dropped...
    Nope, I've not cried about a that not even a single time. I don't give a shit about sub numbers.
    I've cried a couple of times about subraces though because it's a really bad and boring concept.

Notice this comment in the developer interviews MMOC just posted

"The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018"

Translation - this all but confirms the Q4 2018 timeline that many of us already expected. If it was going to be out before September, they would say the goal was by the summer. It also sounds like they are actually leaving it open to not being out in 2018 if that's only their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Pretty sure Nightborne are closer to Night Elves than they are to Blood Elves.
    We were talking about Void Elves here. They are just Blood Elves that practiced the void and got kicked out of Silvermoon. (something I find peculiar, still, given the types of magic Blood Elves do play around with)

We were talking about Void Elves here. They are just Blood Elves that practiced the void and got kicked out of Silvermoon. (something I find peculiar, still, given the types of magic Blood Elves do play around with)
    I thought it was stated that Void Elves were Blood Elves that had almost been completely lost to the Void. Also I think the Blood Elves MIGHT have learned their lessons from tampering with unstable and unknown magic. I doubt they want another corruption of their nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    I thought it was stated that Void Elves were Blood Elves that had almost been completely lost to the Void. Also I think the Blood Elves MIGHT have learned their lessons from tampering with unstable and unknown magic. I doubt they want another corruption of their nation.
    I'm not sure if they had been nearly lost to the void. Just that they were using the void and got exiled for it.

And yeah, I get why they might shun it, but it still feels heavily hypocritical, given..

*cough warlocks*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if they had been nearly lost to the void. Just that they were using the void and got exiled for it.

And yeah, I get why they might shun it, but it still feels heavily hypocritical, given..

*cough warlocks*
    I think from a lore standpoint warlocks and shadow priests are generally disliked. Is that not actually the case?
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    I think from a lore standpoint warlocks and shadow priests are generally disliked. Is that not actually the case?
    True, but not outright exiled and left to - I guess - rot.

To the point that they'd be willing to join the Alliance just to get by, even.

that interview with shani edwards hurts my soul.

i can't go so long without my subraces dammit. i need that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but not outright exiled and left to - I guess - rot.

To the point that they'd be willing to join the Alliance just to get by, even.
    Who knows. Maybe the void elves were a little more far gone and less tolerable. I'm interested to see either way.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that interview with shani edwards hurts my soul.

i can't go so long without my subraces dammit. i need that shit.
    Indeed...
    The only two sub-races I am interested in are the Zandalari Trolls (Hopefully Forest Trolls can be added down the line, with Ogres)
    And Nightborne...Not sure what class combos I want for them yet.
    For the Horde!

After watching the full interview through, they also said that beta will not be out this year, but the goal is for it to be out "early next year". Seeing as Legion public alpha started in early December, this suggests that they are at least a couple of months behind the timeline for Legion (which released August 30), all of which also lines up with an Oct 2018 - Dec 2018 likely release time frame.

This means Antorus is going to be yet another 12+ month final tier. What the hell were they thinking, and why didn't they space the raids/content updates out better in Legion? If they just pushed each of ToV, Nighthold, ToS and Antorus back a month, we would have been looking at a reasonable end tier length for the first time since TBC.

I'm over in the High Elves are Blood Elves thread, and I stated there a couple of things along the lines of why they refuse the Void Elves safety in their nation. It also might not even be down to "OMG u use void ur evil." They got their Sunwell back. It's clean and beautiful...but its also powered by...a Naaru, the very thing opposite to Void. Im sure the Blood Elves want to clean up the mess should these new elves loose control of their newfound powers.

- - - Updated - - -

I am hoping its a case of estimating the worst scenario, like when you order something online and they say it can take up to 4 days, when really it will show up in 2. Based on past track records I would err on the side of caution when discussing release times on the off chance the shit hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    After watching the full interview through, they also said that beta will not be out this year, but the goal is for it to be out "early next year". Seeing as Legion public alpha started in early December, this suggests that they are at least a couple of months behind the timeline for Legion (which released August 30), all of which also lines up with an Oct 2018 - Dec 2018 likely release time frame.

This means Antorus is going to be yet another 12+ month final tier. What the hell were they thinking, and why didn't they space the raids/content updates out better in Legion? If they just pushed each of ToV, Nighthold, ToS and Antorus back a month, we would have been looking at a reasonable end tier length for the first time since TBC.
    plenty of time to farm that rep for your sub races!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely baffles me that people truly believe that Antorus will last for at least a year lmao.

Spoiler: it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    plenty of time to farm that rep for your sub races!
    It's not like anyone who's played this expac at all still needs Highmountain, etc rep.