Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    I remember this Blizzcon that was just 40 minutes of some fat neckbeard rebinding all his keys and doing absolutely nothing Besides some walking around and a handful of quests. What a waste of an opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Everyone loves seeing brand new content right in front of their screen as some neckbeard binds his keys... it's what all people love to watch!
    Just dont watch those neckbeards then?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Just dont watch those neckbeards then?
    It's not just the neckbeards though sadly a lot of streamers just ignore new stuff in favor of keybinds and stupid shit in general.

It especially sucks when they're the only way of seeing it, unless you're at blizzcon.

It's not just the neckbeards though sadly a lot of streamers just ignore new stuff in favor of keybinds and stupid shit in general.

It especially sucks when they're the only way of seeing it, unless you're at blizzcon.
    Well, this year we got videos on blizzcon site so we didnt have to wait for neckbeard streamers.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, this year we got videos on blizzcon site so we didnt have to wait for neckbeard streamers.
    ^This!

We got to see two full dungeon runs, and there's walkthroughs of two of the starter zones. Over 2 hours of gameplay without fiddling with keybinds and such to see what the new areas and enemies look like and such.

I loved it! Took the weekend off to spend it with my hubby, lounging in bed with snacks while watching videos.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    ^This!

We got to see two full dungeon runs, and there's walkthroughs of two of the starter zones. Over 2 hours of gameplay without fiddling with keybinds and such to see what the new areas and enemies look like and such.

I loved it! Took the weekend off to spend it with my hubby, lounging in bed with snacks while watching videos.
    Including commentary of devs responsible for them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Drustvar and Nazmir seemed very finished, a lot farther along then any legion zones at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like watching streamers, too many times they just ignores what's more important (just want likes/follow/suscribe), they don't see things that are right in front of their eyes and yes, they spend 1 hour with their keybinds. To resume : boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Because I'm not quoting, I'm paraphrasing. Which is why the words before it are presumptive.

As to the actual discussion: Which one? There's a dozen different little conversational threads 'cause there's 60,000+ posts in this thread.

There's trolls and faction warfare, more 'Rick Roll' posts of the Azshara Expansion Loading Screen than I'd care to count, some light flirting, dorkish asides, datamining, talk of alphas, betas, and beta cucks, here and there actual information about the expansion, datamining, speculation about potential allied races, and more. No one acted as if Khrux's post was the end of any discussion, it was just one piece in a long pile of information to which two other posters added their thoughts to expand on the tangent.

And then you came along and poo-pooed the tangent with your statement "This isn't some sort of exclusive knowlegde, and just because these specific individuals bothered to write a post about it doesn't mean no one else possesses this, quite obvious without having to point it out, knowledge." Which, yeah. Is a haranguing. It's a "Why are you -bothering- to tell people, it's -obvious-" which itself is a presumptive statement that places yourself in a gatekeeping position of what is or isn't worthwhile information to share.

Now had you just said "The main topic of discussion was that regardless of the primary functions of an alpha/beta, people can get annoyed at others for getting exclusive access whilst not fulfilling the purpose of being a tester, but just to generate publicity." things would've gone differently, 'cause the whole Stress Testing thing could've been presented as a counter argument and there might've been a discussion about your point.

But you prefaced it, poorly. And it became irrelevant compared to the preface. You buried the lede pretty hard.
    Don't be dense. The last 10 posts were about the controversy regarding certain people gaining early access to alpha/beta and how they would fail to do what some/most people here prefer they do. Don't get high and mighty by summarising the thread for me.

Once again, I don't give a flying fuck about whether that information was worthwhile in general, from my PoV it just isn't relevant to the topic that spawned the response in the first place. Don't go parading me as a 'gatekeeper'.

And when I formulate "The main ... being a tester.", I certainly don't care for you lecturing me on 'prefacing', which is just an extent of your nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I don't like watching streamers, too many times they just ignores what's more important (just want likes/follow/suscribe), they don't see things that are right in front of their eyes and yes, they spend 1 hour with their keybinds. To resume : boring
    Obviously they want that, it's their source of income.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

This really needs updated with the new dwarf model imo.

Obviously they want that, it's their source of income.
    While true, they'd likely get more of them if they didn't as much time asking for them or just talking or whatever and actually completing the content and doing the thing people are even tuning into them for.

A stream with the title "Battle for Azeroth, Blizzcon 2017, Gameplay video" isn't going to get that many likes (I'd assume, because I sure as hell wouldn't give them any) if they spent 2/3 of their time just talking about, and actually just doing keybinds, all the while asking for likes and subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While true, they'd likely get more of them if they didn't as much time asking for them or just talking or whatever and actually completing the content and doing the thing people are even tuning into them for.

A stream with the title "Battle for Azeroth, Blizzcon 2017, Gameplay video" isn't going to get that many likes (I'd assume, because I sure as hell wouldn't give them any) if they spent 2/3 of their time just talking about, and actually just doing keybinds, all the while asking for likes and subscribers.
    Unless you can support this argument with any data, it's pure speculation. Streaming is much more just the game itself, some streamers are awful at games yet they peak purely because of personality, others are on the other hand pros and yet they dont go over 2k viewers, and so on.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, there is just one streamer I'd liked to watch is Qelric, but she does not play wow anymore

Unless you can support this argument with any data, it's pure speculation. Streaming is much more just the game itself, some streamers are awful at games yet they peak purely because of personality, others are on the other hand pros and yet they dont go over 2k viewers, and so on.
    I personally don't even understand the appeal of streamers/ watching someone stream a game, so I'll admit I'm speaking from a purely speculative stand point.

I'll also admit though that a person with a good personality is likely to draw views and likes and whatnot...maybe that's why people watch them to begin with, not necessarily for the content they're streaming but just to watch them and listen to them just talk about the subject matter....like video game talk radio.

However, based on comments and stories that have come out lately, it seems a fair amount of top streamers who are terrible at games and have a nice "personality" and get top views are scantily clad females that use flattering camera angles. Not suggesting they're the only ones who get that, but it's happened enough to have had several stories written about it, and even Twitch's rules be updated/ more heavily enforced as a result.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2018-01-02 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    In fact, there is just one streamer I'd liked to watch is Qelric, but she does not play wow anymore
    Wtf since when?

I haven't watched wow youtubers/streamers in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    This really needs updated with the new dwarf model imo.
    Nah, it's supposed to be nightmare inducing.

Deleted
    Wtf since when?
    Just checked,
    apparently she got a kid end 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Just checked,
    apparently she got a kid end 2016.
    She is old enough to have kids?

Always thought she was like 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    This isn't some sort of exclusive knowlegde, and just because these specific individuals bothered to write a post about it doesn't mean no one else possesses this, quite obvious without having to point it out, knowledge.
    The main topic of discussion was that regardless of the primary functions of an alpha/beta, people can get annoyed at others for getting exclusive access whilst not fulfilling the purpose of being a tester, but just to generate publicity.
    Imagine commenting about 'obvious knowledge' and still somehow miss the key points shared. Generating publicity by providing access to popular streamers does not harm the primary functions of an alpha/beta. It can only help. We already established that bug reports are not in any way as useful as many think they are, and their mere presence helps stress test. Couple that with their role as thought leaders and they may very well encourage others to eventually seek access to get involved, if that access is made available, thus fulfilling the goal of stress testing.

Honestly, it's like you didn't even read the posts you're claiming were common knowledge
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2018-01-02 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Imagine commenting about 'obvious knowledge' and still somehow miss the key points shared. Generating publicity by providing access to popular streamers does not harm the primary functions of an alpha/beta. It can only help. We already established that bug reports are not in any way as useful as many think they are, and their mere presence helps stress test. Couple that with their role as thought leaders and they may very well encourage others to eventually seek access to get involved, if that access is made available, thus fulfilling the goal of stress testing.

Honestly, it's like you didn't even read the posts you're claiming were common knowledge
    The bolded part just invalidated everything else.

Access is in Blizzard's hands, regardless of popularity.

Next please.