I don't get all the disappointment about the 7.3.5 content being limited on release.

Aren't you planning to collect that new mount-- oh no, wait you need to have done something over a decade ago to get that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't get all the disappointment about the 7.3.5 content being limited on release.

Aren't you planning to collect that new mount-- oh no, wait you need to have done something over a decade ago to get that.
    Eh, I'm not sure why people got their undies in a bunch either. Not like this was a raid patch, and not like we're getting BFA in the next 6 months. Gotta time gate some stuff so we have content for the middle of the beta lull.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Eh, I'm not sure why people got their undies in a bunch either. Not like this was a raid patch, and not like we're getting BFA in the next 6 months. Gotta time gate some stuff so we have content for the middle of the beta lull.
    Was jesting anyway.

But this patch isn't really complete until, I presume, the 30th.

But you're right, it's a fairly minor patch all things considered. Much more excited for alpha/beta to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR just updated for me...

edit: same build as live... wut?
    [/URL]

Same... But i noticed it's not same build, live build is 7.3.5.25840 and PTR build is 7.3.5.25860....

Cinematics probably being added in PTR because there's a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lithsun View Post
    Same... But i noticed it's not same build, live build is 7.3.5.25840 and PTR build is 7.3.5.25860....
    you have it backwards
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Was jesting anyway.

But this patch isn't really complete until, I presume, the 30th.

But you're right, it's a fairly minor patch all things considered. Much more excited for alpha/beta to start.
    If I had to guess a release slate it'd probably go something like this.

Today - Level Scaling & Initial Silithus updates.

1/30 - Artifact Sendoff unlocks, Instability starts later that week.

February - BFA Alpha starts.

March - Seething Shore starts.

April/May - Preorders start, Allied Races unlock. (For the record this would be roughly 5-6 months after Antorus started opening.)

July - 8.0 drops. Expansion pre-event starts a few weeks later.

Late August/September - BFA launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    PTR just updated for me...

edit: same build as live... wut?
    Both Live and PTR are on build 25860 right now. There was a new build with I guess some exe fixes earlier. No content changes.

They generally keep Live/PTR in sync even though PTR is (edit: probably) ending soon.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-01-16 at 07:13 PM.

If I had to guess a release slate it'd probably go something like this.

Today - Level Scaling & Initial Silithus updates.

1/30 - Artifact Sendoff unlocks, Instability starts later that week.

February - BFA Alpha starts.

March - Seething Shore starts.

April/May - Preorders start, Allied Races unlock. (For the record this would be roughly 5-6 months after Antorus started opening.)

July - 8.0 drops. Expansion pre-event starts a few weeks later.

Late August/September - BFA launches.
    That is -too- spaced off.
    We're most likely getting the BG next week or on the 30th and Allied races on the 30th or first week of february as well. Preorders start VERY early. April/May is too far off.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Ya, pre-orders last 2 xpacs were 10 months out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That is -too- spaced off.
    We're most likely getting the BG next week or on the 30th and Allied races on the 30th or first week of february as well. Preorders start VERY early. April/May is too far off.
    Honestly it's spaced out because that would be the best way to avoid us getting all of the 7.3.5 content next month and suddenly there's 6 months of nothing but leveling alts ahead of us.

And honestly I'm not sure what to do about preorders/allied races. The smart money would probably say preorders start next month with the promise of "play Allied Races early" but then they don't show up until like June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Ya, pre-orders last 2 xpacs were 10 months out
    I mean we're breaking THAT trend for sure. Unless you think BFA won't be out until October/November, which would be yet another year-long final tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget we still have one more pvp season before of even going with the pre patch of 8.0

So i really doubt 8.0 pre patch will be around july.

Hell, didnt blizzard said on blizzcon that BfA is planned to drop late 2018?

Honestly it's spaced out because that would be the best way to avoid us getting all of the 7.3.5 content next month and suddenly there's 6 months of nothing but leveling alts ahead of us.

And honestly I'm not sure what to do about preorders/allied races. The smart money would probably say preorders start next month with the promise of "play Allied Races early" but then they don't show up until like June.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean we're breaking THAT trend for sure. Unless you think BFA won't be out until October/November, which would be yet another year-long final tier.
    Honestly, dropping Allied Races now(or very soon) will be a good idea for them, especially with the leveling revamp. Perfect tie in with the story, new level scaling, heritage armor. It all just makes too much sense for them to not launch those very soon. I'd bet sometime in the next month, with pre-purchases. Alpha this week or next. Prepatch on PTR within two months, launching prob July/August at the latest, with expansion September/October. Blizzard has been insanely fast with Legion content/patch cycles. They're doing work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Hell, didnt blizzard said on blizzcon that BfA is planned to drop late 2018?
    Last I checked there's no ETA on BFA at all. As for the PvP season thing, I'm not well-versed in how long those last and when the last one started.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Honestly, dropping Allied Races now(or very soon) will be a good idea for them, especially with the leveling revamp. Perfect tie in with the story, new level scaling, heritage armor. It all just makes too much sense for them to not launch those very soon. I'd bet sometime in the next month, with pre-purchases. Alpha this week or next. Prepatch on PTR within two months, launching prob July/August at the latest, with expansion September/October. Blizzard has been insanely fast with Legion content/patch cycles. They're doing work.
    Dropping them now is the smart thing in terms of justifying 7.3.5's existence. But then we're looking at probably 7-10 months of nothing ahead of us. I think Blizz is going to space this patch out like they did 7.2 and 7.3 in order to try and delay the start of the drought. Allied Races will go a long way toward averting that drought, since people will flock to level them by hand to get Heritage Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I love how Horde feel like killing parents, siblings, children and whole populations does not justify people wanting revenge on them. All Horde attacks are "justified" somehow, while any time the Alliance decides to be proactive it's an all-out war justification.
    The only thing the horde is superior is in only needing the justification of war itself to attack.

The Alliance, on the other hand, HAS to believe it's in the moral right. And there comes the point where every action an alliance wild card does that would be considered just another horde act of war, HAS to be justified as some sore of moral retribution, because the alliance HAS to be the morally upstanding faction.

And like, chill, people, the alliance doesn't have to be 100% infallible to not be as morally bankrupt as the horde, but can we do away with the notion that the alliance can't be selfish and self serving? The alliance doesn't need to be completely altruistic, they are just relatively better than the horde, but that they are so doesn't mean they are unquestionably the good guys.

No, that Genn and Rodgers go out to attack the horde out of revenge doesn't "balance things out". An eye for an eye, the alliance would have to do so much more to reach the levels of fucked up shit the horde has done. But it neither means that the alliance is morally right by retaliating.

Last I checked there's no ETA on BFA at all. As for the PvP season thing, I'm not well-versed in how long those last and when the last one started.

Dropping them now is the smart thing in terms of justifying 7.3.5's existence. But then we're looking at probably 7-10 months of nothing ahead of us. I think Blizz is going to space this patch out like they did 7.2 and 7.3 in order to try and delay the start of the drought. Allied Races will go a long way toward averting that drought, since people will flock to level them by hand to get Heritage Armor.
    I can see them extending their release a bit, but I can't imagine it taking too long. As you said, Allied Races will create a LOT of content with the unlocking of them, heritage armors, etc. Can easily be a solid ~3 months of easy content. Prepatch can account for another chunk, depending on what it contains. Alpha/beta also tend to soak up a good amount of time.

I guess I won't be surprised either way. Blizzard has been very quick to turn stuff out in Legion, but it's Blizzard, and they have a history(pre-Legion) of having content droughts.

Well, while Antorus hasn’t been out that long (and last lfr wing just going to arrive today), Argus has. It’ll be 4.5 months if allied races come out January 30.

And for content drought, need to cut 1 month off that as pre patch is fun new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Both Live and PTR are on build 25860 right now. There was a new build with I guess some exe fixes earlier. No content changes.

They generally keep Live/PTR in sync even though PTR is (edit: probably) ending soon.
    It'd be pretty risky to push a patch with new content that wasn't on the PTR first so that makes sense.

I also think it’s hard to guess what Blizzard’s thinking is on how most players will treat Allied Races.

How many plan on making them their main and not using any boosts or race changes? (Which means actually gearing them up once at 110)

How long does it take most people to actually level from 20-110?

How many will level multiple Allied Races?

Those are important factors for how long the Allied Race content will last.

Unprecedented!