10+ Year Old Account

For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    crap, so now the old raid soloing has been messed up? urgh whyyyyy
    Because they couldn't test for crap if their lives depended on it. Because they are inept morons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Go right ahead and make a meme out of it...<3

https://imgur.com/a/rvDs6
    Last edited by mmoc30e49a2c4a; 2018-01-17 at 08:46 AM. Reason: couldn't get the pic to work .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrius View Post
    LOL...I really like this one...

By the way is this really worth longing in right now? I got a Authenicator already, but extra storage would be nice...When I am leveling in the new zone Zandalar.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=280708/u...ckpack-upgrade
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I Love love love the new level scaling!

I'm leveling a new alt without heirlooms. Getting gear is a nice change rather than bursting through with insane stats.

I love that I can stay in darkshore as long as I want. I'm almost level 20, I could have gone to ashenvale, but I actually get to finish/experience this entire zone now. feels good!
    The time to finish an instance like, I don't know, anything in Dire Maul, is now 45+ minutes. More for some others. Not saying it is bad, just that you have to be prepared. No added challenge except mana management for healers so far, the fights are just longer.

I am not sure applying the change to HP to instances without lowering the scaling was good, it just looks tedious to me, but the real disaster was applying it to raids (some just went unsoloable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    raids (some just went unsoloable).
    On whose account?
    Genuinely curious as to which are now unsoloable.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    On whose account?
    Genuinely curious as to which are now unsoloable.
    It depends on your gear level. Mythic SOO is where it hits for everyone. With your gear level, it might hit way earlier. Not even talking about WoD raids.

And way before you hit something that you can no longer solo (likely due to mechanics which force you to output DPS you cannot output) it just gets tedious. As in, you spend 3 times the time to clear to a boss which drops the mount you want which you farmed for years. Why? Because Blizzard.

(They will likely scale things back, it is obvious this was simply a hole in testing, because it is just bad on all fronts, there is zero good. But before that some idiot blue CM might actually talk uncommittingly about how the change is perhaps good and bla bla bla.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why this reminds me of;

THIS;

For the Horde!

Does it suprirse anyone?

It was obvious from Day One that increasing the HP of Mobs was a stupid idea to begin with. It changes nothing about Leveling, just makes it longer, there's still no threat of dying, and it completely fucks with old raids.

You can't fix Leveling by increasing numbers, you have to completely revamp it and add fun mechanics to mobs that matter instead of them just being Training Dummies that have slightly more HP now. Scaling was a good start; increasing HP by up to almost 400% wasn't. Leveling is still a snorefest, even if the enemy has 500 instead of 100 HP, or does 10 instead of 2 damage.

Why you should never listen to the Classic Crowd.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2018-01-17 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I messed around with my addons and that seemed to help, im running at 60fps again.
    The game runs mostly fine outside of raids, inside raids is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It depends on your gear level. Mythic SOO is where it hits for everyone. With your gear level, it might hit way earlier. Not even talking about WoD raids.

And way before you hit something that you can no longer solo (likely due to mechanics which force you to output DPS you cannot output) it just gets tedious. As in, you spend 3 times the time to clear to a boss which drops the mount you want which you farmed for years. Why? Because Blizzard.

(They will likely scale things back, it is obvious this was simply a hole in testing, because it is just bad on all fronts, there is zero good. But before that some idiot blue CM might actually talk uncommittingly about how the change is perhaps good and bla bla bla.)
    Yea that sounds like a barrel of fun right there.
    More than likely (one can hope) a fix/reversal of some sort will be applied.
    Ain't no-one got time for that.

Plenty of players farm old(er) raids including me.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    More than likely (one can hope) a fix/reversal of some sort will be applied.
    No no no, obiously this will never get fixed, because it was bad just after it was released! Rewrite the history books, this is obviously the worst patch day ever! /s

I seen someone complain about "All dungeons are now personal loot", saying it was a nightmare to farm transmogs now. I assume hyperbole, as it says dungeons and not raids but I haven't been online yet to confirm.

Heh, there are 2 Highmountain taurens in Orgrimmar on live.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lol.

It's a weird thing, though. I don't think they even did anything with the Succubus model at all this patch.
    Maybe they SJWed it a bit but didn't want to put it in the patch notes to prevent lash backs from the community? Everything scantily dressed has been more and more covered up through the years, I'm just waiting for the Succu to get a full body plate armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Heh, there are 2 Highmountain taurens in Orgrimmar on live.
    Are they using orbs of deception? Someone commented that doing so on a Panda could result in allied races.

Few years later and Sylvanas still sounds awful with the title of Warchief. I can't get used to it at all. I really hope they will bring Vol'Jin back at some point. In cinemati they didn't even shown Rokhan who was meant to be temporary leader but Bwemba. Questgiver from Cataclysm period :/

But I'm happy to see that Baine and Saurfang are getting spotlight. They were awesome there!
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No hole in testing whatsoever. We DID test it. We did tell them it was bad. They knew it was bad a few weeks into the PTR.
    I stand corrected then. It was even reported! They didn't even have to find it, they simply had to fix it (= do a miniscule change that would either turn off or reduce the scaling for raids and / or instances, not even asking them to fix the fights).

That's one more illustration to why testing anything from Blizzard and particularly WoW is just a waste of time.

Blizzard: Hey, hey, hey, here is a feature, please tell us what you think!
    Players: It mostly works, but it breaks X and Y.
    Blizzard: <silence, after a month or two release the feature in the state that breaks X and Y>
    Dear, why the hell did you ask for feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Are they using orbs of deception? Someone commented that doing so on a Panda could result in allied races.
    Not players, NPCs.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I seen someone complain about "All dungeons are now personal loot", saying it was a nightmare to farm transmogs now. I assume hyperbole, as it says dungeons and not raids but I haven't been online yet to confirm.
    Well, since dungeons are now personal loot, that means your chances at transmog and items that come from dungeons are 1/5 they were before. Previously when you were soloing Utgarde Pinnacle for Skadi drake, you were getting drop for 5 players, now you are getting drop for 1 player.

Another stellar change by Blizzard.

Really, this patch not only took 3 months despite having next to nothing interesting, and not only came half-empty regarding even those low expectations, it also did several changes for things I actually do care about and these changes are to the worse. It really is a step back, I wish they could just take this whole shit of 7.3.5 back, it would have been better if it just never even happened.

GG, Blizzard. (Keep your stupid changes with raid scaling and I will finally unsub for good, because that's the only thing I am really doing. At first I was into raids, turned out they were repetitive crap. Then I was into PVP, you managed to kill it in Legion. After that WoW became a big set of weekly / daily lootboxes and if you take away that, too, well, have fun, that was my final reason to keep WoW installed.)
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-17 at 10:56 AM.