Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I have no doubt they'll fix the old raid stuff.
    I have no doubt they don't fix old raid stuff.

It'll be broken in 8.0 anyways with the new item squish.

8.0 alpha today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    So yeah, looks like I'm holding back on farming Mythic Blackhand until the inevitable fix comes later this week.

Also, great cinematics. Some actual, realistic dialogue and characterisation that isn't overshadowed by eyecandy and cheesy oneliners. Atleast Christie Golden can actually handle it unlike Blizzard's lore department. If it's an indicator of things to come, sign me up.
    I agree. It's obvious Golden has had a hand in writing the dialouge and pacing the cinematics. Shit didn't just happen just because. There is actual buildup to things now, and events have consequenses that lead to other events. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    From what I read earlier, when soloing older dungeons, you always get one item per boss, relevant for your spec, instead of one random item from the entire loot table. Which should theoretically make Transmog farming easier, certain class/weapon combos excluded.

I still would like there to be a choice for the player, but this personal loot isn't bad, either.
    I doubt that "always", that's too much. I saw people writing that they got some coins and a gray item too.

If the drop rates are the same as they were and the change is just the switch to personal loot, your chances at transmog decreased. How much depends on the boss loot table. Some of the items you could previously sell or wear can no longer drop for you either. And things like Swift White Hawkstrider just drop with 20% the previous rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sylvanas has been Warchief for one expansion already. That's as long as her predecessor, time to replace the old hag already.
    Warchiefs dont last that long in WoW in general. Horde chacters die a lot more than alliance characters too.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I have no doubt they don't fix old raid stuff.

It'll be broken in 8.0 anyways with the new item squish.
    So it's gonna be a shitty system for like 8 months?

Yeah, that's great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I agree. It's obvious Golden has had a hand in writing the dialouge and pacing the cinematics. Shit didn't just happen just because. There is actual buildup to things now, and events have consequenses that lead to other events. I love it.
    She confirmed in a tweet she pretty much wrote the thing, in cooperation with Gregory ofc.

The difference of proper build up between expansions is defo noticeable. It's not just 'this guy survived, and starts yet another apocalytpic event because he's evil/salty'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm having fps drops in raids too. my friend did not...

wonder what's causing it (besides the patch)
    Addons if anything, process of elimination. It may take a couple days for them all to be properly updated.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    She confirmed in a tweet she pretty much wrote the thing, in cooperation with Gregory ofc.

The difference of proper build up between expansions is defo noticeable. It's not just 'this guy survived, and starts yet another apocalytpic event because he's evil/salty'.
    Oh god Golden+Gregory. I hadn't stop to think how sexy this team is. Goddamn.

And it's indeed great things flow more naturally into eachother now. Cata was super jarring for example. One day everything was in Classic mode, and a day later WHAM everything changed. Suddenly the barrens was half regrown. Part of the Plaguelands were somewhat cleansed, etc. No build up or anything. Sure we saw Deathwing recking the world but was like there was this timeskip in between the cinematic and the world changes.

I much prefer the new way.

For example, the Night Elves may need a new home. It will make much more sense to have this happen during or near the end of BfA instead of just going "Teldrassil was destroyed and the nelfs now live in gilneas oh yeah also they drove the forsaken out kthxbye"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    aah i see. so when do u think allied races will come?
    2/4 weeks, between 30 jenuary and mid february, when we will end the quests chain in Silithus, we purified Sargera's sword using our Artifacts...

At that point, Blizzard will unveil the BoA's Collectors edition with the various goodies, will start the pre-order and, we hope as well, they starting the beta...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    2/4 weeks, between 30 jenuary and mid february, when we will end the quests chain in Silithus, we purified Sargera's sword using our Artifacts...

At that point, Blizzard will unveil the BoA's Collectors edition with the various goodies, will start the pre-order and, we hope as well, they starting the beta...
    Sounds about right!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Oh god Golden+Gregory. I hadn't stop to think how sexy this team is. Goddamn.

And it's indeed great things flow more naturally into eachother now. Cata was super jarring for example. One day everything was in Classic mode, and a day later WHAM everything changed. Suddenly the barrens was half regrown. Part of the Plaguelands were somewhat cleansed, etc. No build up or anything. Sure we saw Deathwing recking the world but was like there was this timeskip in between the cinematic and the world changes.

I much prefer the new way.

For example, the Night Elves may need a new home. It will make much more sense to have this happen during or near the end of BfA instead of just going "Teldrassil was destroyed and the nelfs now live in gilneas oh yeah also they drove the forsaken out kthxbye"
    Tbf on them they hardly had the resources to pull of Cata properly back then, and the game suffered for it. I was talking proper build up in the sense of how characters got where they are and why. No more cheesy garbage like breaking Garry out of prison with people fighting alternate versions of themselves, or Gul'dan just miraculously landing on MU Azeroth through the Black Gate, which would logically speaking be a link between AU Draenor and wherever Archi came from, which certainly was not MU Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You're a bundle of joy @rda, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think I will be on the forum much longer, honestly. Things are dying.
    We just have to wait for this, which will probably never happen because he's full of shit.
    But a man can dream.

We just have to wait for this, which will probably never happen because he's full of shit.
    But a man can dream.
    Nooo, his mental gymnastic and self-inflicted saltiness by making his own false assumptions is ridiculous. Sodium levels are beyond mortals imagination. I don't want him to leave, every post of his is a goldmine of jokes.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You're a bundle of joy @rda, aren't you?
    I will be when they release something worth celebrating. Not my fault they are releasing shit after shit after shit. Abysmal 7.2, abysmal 7.3, abysmal Blizzcon, now abysmal 7.3.5. I wouldn't have said a thing if they simply released those stupid allied races without breaking things that I actually care about. But they neither released them (delayed half the patch) nor did they avoid the breakage. I mean, I can shut up, but this won't change that they just don't do much and what they do is shit.

Deleted
    Tbf on them they hardly had the resources to pull of Cata properly back then, and the game suffered for it. I was talking proper build up in the sense of how characters got where they are and why. No more cheesy garbage like breaking Garry out of prison with people fighting alternate versions of themselves, or Gul'dan just miraculously landing on MU Azeroth through the Black Gate, which would logically speaking be a link between AU Draenor and wherever Archi came from, which certainly was not MU Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

But a man can dream.
    Oh man. Please don't get me started on the WoD to Legion fiasco. My head still hurts thinking about how Blizzard took like three different ways of timetravel and slammed them together. Especially with the "there's only one Legion" shit.

The fuck does that even work? AU Velen should have gone trough the same thing with Sargeras offering Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde power. So that logically means they are from an alternate universe. Then how is there only one Legion? Do all versions of Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde get fused into one or something? Fucking WHAT.

And we know WoD was an alternate universe because it had differences that weren't the result of timetravel. Like there being no Garrosh etc. In fact. The Bronze Dragon (his name escapes me) specifically chose THAT timeline for his plan.

So there simply can't be just one Legion in the Multiverse. Blizzard's own story pretty much states that it's an Alternate Universe alltogether. So why..just....how.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

Do all versions of Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde get fused into one or something?
    Well it would certainly explain the hatred they and the other demons have for the rest of the universe.

"Oh shit, indecisive Timmy created yet another alternative timeline, prepare for a merge!"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

But a man can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nooo, his mental gymnastic and self-inflicted saltiness by making his own false assumptions is ridiculous. Sodium levels are beyond mortals imagination. I don't want him to leave, every post of his is a goldmine of jokes.
    Nice chat.

You know what I think every time I see posts like this? I think "one more guy who can't really object on topic yet feels like he has to object". I wouldn't say I get a lot of fun reading these empty posts, they are just a waste of electrons, but you can keep making them, I don't really care. Maybe when you bunch up to, say, ten folks, I will create an official logo for you and you will be able to wear it and be proud.

Deleted
    Oh man. Please don't get me started on the WoD to Legion fiasco. My head still hurts thinking about how Blizzard took like three different ways of timetravel and slammed them together. Especially with the "there's only one Legion" shit.

The fuck does that even work? AU Velen should have gone trough the same thing with Sargeras offering Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde power. So that logically means they are from an alternate universe. Then how is there only one Legion? Do all versions of Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde get fused into one or something? Fucking WHAT.

And we know WoD was an alternate universe because it had differences that weren't the result of timetravel. Like there being no Garrosh etc. In fact. The Bronze Dragon (his name escapes me) specifically chose THAT timeline for his plan.

So there simply can't be just one Legion in the Multiverse. Blizzard's own story pretty much states that it's an Alternate Universe alltogether. So why..just....how.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS
    Don't. Nothing ever triggered me as badly as the reality transcending, Nether outside of space/time, one Legion disaster.

As for your question, many people refer to it as the Socrethar enigma.
    As you may recall, back in WoD they had Exarch Othaar, whom became Socrethar in the Shadowmoon Valley storyline. When Afrasiabi and Kosak unveiled the biggest lore blunder ever, people theorised using Othaar as prime example of how ridiculous it is.
    In every timeline that Othaar turns to Socrethar, it'd mean that Othaar's soul, like all demons, would become bound to the Nether, or rather part of the one and only Socrethar's. People speculated that this could be the reasoning behind demon immortality: Even if their physical form or soul was vanquished, it'd simply be fueled by a new one from multiple timelines.
    That's the best people could make of that laughable fuckup, and it would've been reasonable had it not been for dozens of additional plotholes, such as what happens if you perma destroy the demon in the Nether, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nice chat.

You know what I think every time I see posts like this? I think "one more guy who can't really object on topic yet feels like he has to object". I wouldn't say I get a lot of fun reading these empty posts, they are just a waste of electrons, but you can keep making them, I don't really care. Maybe when you bunch up to, say, ten folks, I will create an official logo for you and you will be able to wear it and be proud.
    No one cares about what you think, because all your views are motivated by what Drekmar pointed out.