Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    With yesterday's wowz build (same build as current beta branch build, no changes) they also shipped some references to files that should be in the next build. List of them here. These files should actually ship in the next build.

Ignore the .amsfolder and .mdx files, .mdx == .m2 internally and those already shipped, .amsfolder's won't ship.
    You got me excited for possible updates to void elves, nightborne, lightforged and highmountain, and then I paid more attention to your post and saw those files are to be ignored...
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I've been playing the alpha this weekend for the first time...oh boy.

Now there's a lot to like especially for Horde players, the zones are brilliant, like they look amazing. The troll stuff is great, the new race changes are good too (upright orcs!) but its all aesthetics, the gameplay is well off.

The class changes (or lack off) have taken a massive step backwards, the new GCD is an absolute killer, how did someone get paid to add this to the game?. The loss of artifact abilities coupled with the GCD change is just crazy, my WW monk is a complete shambles having lost Strike of the Windlord and feeling slower than ever and Frost DK is borderline broken.....its takes almost 5 seconds of pre casting abilities before you actually start doing damage its laughable.

They need to sort this stuff out because at the moment its boring to play the game which in a alpha packed with new zones, quests and mobs is a real concern.
    What exactly did you have before Legion and strike? Monks are very similar to WoD monks tbh. There are some classes that suck a bit with lack of artifact, but most class changes that are actual changes have been great. All hunter specs, ret paladins, monk even tbh. Sure wind lord being gone sucks, but saying shambles is blatantly false and just whining. Boomkin may be in shambles, but monk is not. Locks across the board look better too etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What exactly did you have before Legion and strike? Monks are very similar to WoD monks tbh. There are some classes that suck a bit with lack of artifact, but most class changes that are actual changes have been great. All hunter specs, ret paladins, monk even tbh. Sure wind lord being gone sucks, but saying shambles is blatantly false and just whining. Boomkin may be in shambles, but monk is not. Locks across the board look better too etc.

I remember playing the legion alpha with my WW monk...in the first 5 minutes i picked Strike of the Windlord along with my Artifact Weapon and the new level 100 ability Whirling Dragon Punch....2 new great abilities and it felt amazing.

The first 5 minutes of trying WW monk in BFA is the complete opposite, we've lost skills and it feels slow....this is a brand new game wtf is that about. It's not 'whining' losing a great ability its a general concern. 'Well it was shit 4 years ago' is not a excuse, I dont care what WoD monk was like.

Its only alpha and the combat is so bad on some classes that it surely cant make it to full release...that's the only positive in terms of combat for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I remember playing the legion alpha with my WW monk...in the first 5 minutes i picked Strike of the Windlord along with my Artifact Weapon and the new level 100 ability Whirling Dragon Punch....2 new great abilities and it felt amazing.

The first 5 minutes of trying WW monk in BFA is the complete opposite, we've lost skills and it feels slow....this is a brand new game wtf is that about. It's not 'whining' losing a great ability its a general concern. 'Well it was shit 4 years ago' is not a excuse, I dont care what WoD monk was like.

Its only alpha and the combat is so bad on some classes that it surely cant make it to full release...that's the only positive in terms of combat for me.
    I looked at my class in terms of how things work, it will be different. From what I looked Warriors(My spec anyways) will have more challenge with AOE then in Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    With yesterday's wowz build (same build as current beta branch build, no changes) they also shipped some references to files that should be in the next build. List of them here. These files should actually ship in the next build.

Ignore the .amsfolder and .mdx files, .mdx == .m2 internally and those already shipped, .amsfolder's won't ship.
    The most interesting things I could find here that weren't old files..

interface/icons/inv_viciousdarkhound.blp
    Darkhounds are the red demon dogs with rat teeth that have been around for a while. New PVP mount?

interface/icons/inv_tabard_proudmoore.blp
    interface/icons/inv_tabard_orderoftheembers.blp
    We're getting at least two Kul'tiran faction tabards, so hopefully we see more Kul'tiran model progress in the next build.

interface/icons/inv_tabard_orcclan.blp
    interface/icons/inv_tabard_darkirondwarf.blp
    More progress on Dark Iron and Mag'har, pointing to them shipping early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone on alpha confirm or deny that you can transmog main hand artifact weapons(like doomhammer) into your offhand?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We've had this discussion, they do listen to feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Living evidence that they do listen to feedback, yes.
    Its when players screamed about too much class pruning and Blizzard ignored it? Time skip and then Ion admits they gone "a little too far".

Legendaries? Feedback was given. Blizzard steamroll and ignore. Time skip and add option to buy legendaries at the end on expansion.

Tell me more.

I am curious about the weapon enchants, has anyone tested them yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its when players screamed about too much class pruning and Blizzard ignored it? Time skip and then Ion admits they gone "a little too far".

Legendaries? Feedback was given. Blizzard steamroll and ignore. Time skip and add option to buy legendaries at the end on expansion.

Tell me more.
    Listening to feedback doesn't mean they have to agree. Even then they have agreed and acted on what we've said, the way Zandalari stand and such. So on and so forth you just want to fight so I'm not gonna bother. Your pet issues don't mean they NEVER listen and telling people not to give feedback is not constructive. Stop being bitter.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-03-31 at 10:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account

Tell me more.
    You are talking about big features/ game changes. If Blizzard thinks they are right in that regard, they will push them. Ret palas didn't like talents in first BfA builds so it got changed so here you go, they listen.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-03-31 at 10:45 PM.

Talking about Ret, i think they should give them back Seraphim...idk why they removed it in the first place, it was a fun spell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Listening to feedback doesn't mean they have to agree. Even then they have agreed and acted on what we've said, the way Zandalari stand and such. So on and so forth you just want to fight so I'm not gonna bother.
    I just wanna say that Blizzard were warned in past about BAD THINGS but they didn't listen. So I'm not gonna play and do beta test for them (point of wich is to give feedback) when my feedback in 90% will be pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Talking about Ret, i think they should give them back Seraphim...idk why they removed it in the first place, it was a fun spell.
    Because its Blizzard's way since Ion took rules. He started pruning classes since WoD.

Its time to prune Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account

Tell me more.
    there is a difference between not listening and listening and don't giving a shit

they do the second with a lot of things

You have to accept that Blizzard is not going to change the overall direction of an expansion due to some initial negative feedback. Starting a discussion with "this has to go" is not going to get your feedback heard - unfortunately thats how most people like to express their complaints and then wonder why nothing happens.

Instead, accept that this system is coming, and then try to give feedback to improve it, not just abolish it. This way there is far better chance for a positive outcome for everyone involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Living evidence that they do listen to feedback, yes.
    not class feedback though, or at least not for warlocks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    not class feedback though, or at least not for warlocks
    I had to miss that part when they change demo in BfA into something more playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its Blizzard's way since Ion took rules. He started pruning classes since WoD.

Its time to prune Blizzard.
    That's not how things work. It's the whole team, Ion may lead but it still is a team effort so again stop it. If you aren't going to give feedback, that's on you.

Warrior-Magi

Drustvar had a new very interesting storyline added. (Which it badly needed) Now you play through a flashback of Lucy Waycrest’s mother hiring an assassin to kill her fiance.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not how things work. It's the whole team, Ion may lead but it still is a team effort so again stop it. If you aren't going to give feedback, that's on you.
    Oh man, it's back to "mages are so OP cuz Ghostcrawler mains a mage" argument.

Examining the abilities specs gained or lost and I feel like most of the criticisms of “pruning” come down to the loss of passives from artifact traits and going from final tier ilvl and stat scaling to leveling gear. It makes you feel a lot weaker and slower. But that happens every xpac. And has nothing to do with number of abilities.

At max, most specs lost 1 ability, their artifact ability, which for 1/2 was just filler. And some specs gained abilities. Assassination rogues got dispatch and crimson tempest back so they actually have more abilities now.

And the fun passives artifacts brought will be coming back in variations on Azerite gear which are NYI.

Tl;dr, people are using the term “pruning” in a very incorrect way.