why the call for a Mak'gora? It was pretty clear to me why he did it... it right there in the text:

Malfurion Stormrage stepped through the doorway, eyes fixed on Saurfang. Three of the high overlord’s advisors charged him.

“Stop!” Saurfang shouted.

Malfurion moved, and the metallic claws strapped to his wrists made short work of the two orcs and the blood elf. He stepped forward, over their bodies.

Morka grabbed Saurfang by the shoulder. “Run, High Overlord,” she said. “We will give you time.”

No, they wouldn’t. Not more than a heartbeat. It was time to die with honor. “Take the maps,” he whispered. “Get them to the warchief.”

Morka’s eyes went wide, but Saurfang turned away, roaring, “Malfurion Stormrage! I challenge you to mak’gora!”

The words sounded bizarre to his own ears. What use did a night elf have for an orcish duel to the death? It didn’t matter. Malfurion was here for Saurfang. He would not pursue a bunch of advisors.
    Saurfang realized that the other allies in the room stood no chance against Malfurion. Some of them already had died in a heartbeat. The old orc also realized that there is no way the other orcs would stop to engage Malfurion, even if it meant their death. A good death is the way of the orcs. The only thing Saurfang could do to prevent this is to step forward and call for a duel, so no other orc was "allowed" to interfere.

Saurfang wanted the other orcs to not throw away their lives, he saved them from themselves basically. Even the lives of some small advisors are important to Saurfang. Of course there is also the objective he was given... the maps. He's a true soldier as well, trying to complete his mission.

That's how I see it, the parts in bold make it pretty clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    I already feel justified so I’d say they succeeded

Plenty of hypocritical warmongering assholes in the Alliance, including Anduin’s right hand man...
    This isnt a roleplay thread u can drop the fake personality
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    why the call for a Mak'gora? It was pretty clear to me why he did it... it right there in the text:

Saurfang realized that the other allies in the room stood no chance against Malfurion. Some of them already had died in a heartbeat. The old orc also realized that there is no way the other orcs would stop to engage Malfurion, even if it meant their death. A good death is the way of the orcs. The only thing Saurfang could do to prevent this is to step forward and call for a duel, so no other orc was "allowed" to interfere.

Saurfang wanted the other orcs to not throw away their lives, he saved them from themselves basically. Even the lives of some small advisors are important to Saurfang. Of course there is also the objective he was given... the maps. He's a true soldier as well, trying to complete his mission.

That's how I see it, the parts in bold make it pretty clear to me.
    Goddamn that is a cool scene.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    How’s that roleplaying lmao I’m giving my opinion on the story. Genn’s a cunt.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-04-07 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    How’s that roleplaying lmao I’m giving my opinion on the story. Genn’s a cunt.
    Out of curiosity, who are the others you perceive as warmongering and hypocritical? You said there are plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    here we go boys genn vs. sylvanas round 2124

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    The irony...

The whole "Internet e-thug tough guy" act isn't working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    You know, I know he probably means the troll is wearing them around its neck on a string or something, or hanging off its belt, but I instantly pictured, and still do after thinking about how silly this is, the troll wearing the nelf ears over its own ears like little hats. It doesn't even make sense because ears aren't hollow like that, but that is what I visualized. And I giggled.
    We're all Elves now.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Goddamn that is a cool scene.
    I think it's interesting to note that Malfurion didn't even use magic for those first Orcs.

7+ Year Old Account
    aaaand still not alpha.

that's it.
    they haate me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh, no shit. I got Alpha too. I guess they really are giving it to everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Didn't Ysera think Malfurion was stronger than her, before she lost her Aspect powers? I mean poor guy has been hyped insanely and they keep having to make up excuses to power him down. And he has been decidedly neutral throughout the faction wars so far (and at this point is just defending his home). He needs to do something insane first before he is taken out.
    Indeed, he was supposed to be one of the most powerful mortals, but then in Cata he gets defeated by some random Druid of the Flame and in Legion Val'sharah happens. Can he please start kicking some ass like he is supposed to?

Oh hey, I got Alpha invite and I didn't even know I opted in are you triggered yet or do I have to keep talking :v

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    The irony...

The whole "Internet e-thug tough guy" act isn't working for you.
    'e-thug tough guy"? I just reminded someone that they dont need to bring in their in character roleplaying stanning of sylvannas into this thread. we all know that Genn has every right to spend the rest of his life trying to kill the rampant monster that murdered his whole country .

So naturally i assume anyone who thinks otherwise is either doing that "for the horde" roleplay that is common in forsaken mains, or just an idiot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Indeed, he was supposed to be one of the most powerful mortals, but then in Cata he gets defeated by some random Druid of the Flame and in Legion Val'sharah happens. Can he please start kicking some ass like he is supposed to?

Oh hey, I got Alpha invite and I didn't even know I opted in are you triggered yet or do I have to keep talking :v
    the problem with casters in any IP is that they are just as susceptible to surpise as anyone else. No had encountered flame druids before, let alone those backed by an old god, and even if hte world stopped the NIghtmare before it wasnt strong enough to manifest physically.

but it does seem they have been using him for the 'worf effect".

apparently he kept darkshore from shattering tho
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Ghargatuloth View Post
    Out of curiosity, who are the others you perceive as warmongering and hypocritical? You said there are plenty.
    Jaina, the Kul'Tiras, Maiev, Tyrande and plenty other Night Elves, that Admiral that went along with Genn's attack on the Broken Shore, Varian and Garithos if you wanna count dead dudes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    aaaand still not alpha.

that's it.
    they haate me.
    welp.. we can be hated by blizzard together, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea alpha just popped up for me. Is it pretty widespread now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Edit: and yes, he has a death wish, which is quite normal given his past. But it is not enough to overcome his sense of self-preservation. He could have died without a problem in that scene, all without a challenge, but he didn't because he still has enough sense to jump back when he notices he walked into a trap.
    And he tries to accomplish something with his death, in this case he wants to keep Malfurion from going after the messengers, because the message is important and he is probably the only one there who is able to keep Malfurion occupied long enough for the messengers to even get out of the village and into cover. If something like cover from Malfurions eyes exists at all in a wood, that is. ^^
    People ride this "death wish" thing a bit too much. I have no doubt Saurfang may have a death wish but it's not like he's going to simply kill himself at random. If Saurfang's "death wish" is anything even vaguely similar to what Broxigar had, he will make sure that his death will matter and be as ginormously glorious as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I can't remember alpha or beta access even being this widespread. Is it just me?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think it's interesting to note that Malfurion didn't even use magic for those first Orcs.
    Well, if he's truly the best Druid around then his feral shapeshifting must be as deadly as you could get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    While true, I think the idea works from a design perspective.

Kul'tirans are large, muscular, naval Humans.
    The Vrykul are large, muscular, naval Humans with a Norse theme.

Too much similarity to add both in the same expansion. And I'm not even gonna pretend to guess post-BFA Allied Races.
    They are "large" in differents way: Vrykul are tall, Kul tirans are fat/robust, and if there was a "tin" version, they arent even "muscolar". ^^;

But it seems obvious to me but more than design, as story wise perspective... there is no reason at the moment for Vrykul to join just one faction, and this reason probably will came with Sylvanas actions...

We have an unfinish business in Northrend with Chromie, Odyn and Bolvar as well, so I think its only matter of time...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat