7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

Not the taylor swift mene.
    what about avatar?

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Funny, a guildmate said a few weeks/months ago that the next expansion will be about trolls. I said Nah...
    But with this Datamining... Maybe he was right o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    or because something interesting always happens?

Not the taylor swift mene.
    You take that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    What has this thread become?
    Like 8bithamster said, there is little news so the thread had no choice but be derailed. I participated in derailing at times, guilty. Marlamin brought a couple of interesting things today though, thanks go to him. Still, I think there won't be much to discuss until Blizzcon, so perhaps it is time to take a break until that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    So there might be something in the data that hasn't been found out yet?
    I think it's opposite, they're afraid of adding anything in the future (maybe 7.3.5 content build?) that they might not want found. This solution would only hide the filenames though, we'd still look at any files with unknown filenames. Hell, we'll probably look at those first.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    COmpletely useless since any form of information is gone;

7.3 barely has anything new hint wise
    Gamescom had, as expected nothing

So this topic is nearly useless until new info pops up
    Clearly you haven't been with us on a hype thread journey before. The thread is never entirely useless, it'll just be slowly grinding over the hype track with barely any passengers, but grinding nonetheless.

so, why are you here?
    relevance? negative opinions not allowed? I thought a forum was for discussion not for "only people who agree with my viewpoints"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think it's opposite, they're afraid of adding anything in the future (maybe 7.3.5 content build?) that they might not want found. This solution would only hide the filenames though, we'd still look at any files with unknown filenames. Hell, we'll probably look at those first.

Clearly you haven't been with us on a hype thread journey before. The thread is never entirely useless, it'll just be slowly grinding over the hype track with barely any passengers, but grinding nonetheless.
    Oh I have been, but mostly there people realise that even sometimes the thread is useless It still survives, it always does though

Oh I have been, but mostly there people realise that even sometimes the thread is useless It still survives, it always does though
    In that case, grab a pint and sit back and enjoy the (long) ride.

relevance? negative opinions not allowed? I thought a forum was for discussion not for "only people who agree with my viewpoints"

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree with this. This is a forum and it is usually made to set up certain topics up for discussion. What's the use of talking about things if you can't look things in a different light?

I also noticed that people get personal often. You don't have to hate someone cause they have a different opinion. And even if you do, you don't have to attack that person. /lawfully_good_mode OFF

I wonder if we'd get trolls though. I remember 2 expansions ago (Pandaland), that people were whining there were so much trolls everywhere and now people complain there are too little trolls in the way. I guess it's hard to please a diverse crowd like that. I heard people talk about a 'in between' expansion. I wouldn't mind that if they had a cool setting like Pandaria did. Apart from how the expansion played out, the story and the scenery in Pandaria, to me, was absolutely amazing. Legion is good lorewise, but I dunno, I treaure Pandaria more storywise. Maybe because I started playing with my cool raid guild back then

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The way I see it, Elune could be a secondary conscience of Azeroth, a defense mechanism, a part that's awake while the Titan sleeps and protects her. And she would be "installed" in these two massive Titan facilities: the moons. Apart from her influence on the natives of Azeroth, as she would have sent messages that the night elves interpreted the voice of a goddess, she would have some inert defenses that could aid us in the upcoming battle against the Void.

Similarly to how our Moon shields Earth from asteroids, these two would have been hit a few times by the Legion and the Void, perhaps one of them could even have an Old God that never made it to the surface of the planet. As a result, the Watchers of these satellites would have gone through a similar process as the Vrykul. Alien wildlife would have also populated them, possibly even some intelligent humanoid aliens who, after centuries of being stuck in there, lost the advanced knowledge that once allowed them to get there and became native tribal societies.

I've always found the idea of a hostile environment producing strong and resilient creatures to the point of them being a threat to heroes who have dealt with demigods interesting. The Timeless Isle and Draenor were that, and thematically they were great. Having this incredibly harsh place inhabited by powerful creatures and full of secret Titan technology right above our heads is a fascinating idea to me.
    Or... you know... Elune could be the Titan within the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Doubt that, since the Xe'ra questline suggests that the Prime Naaru were created by Elune, meaning Elune pre-dates the existence of Azeroth and maybe even other titans
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Doubt that, since the Xe'ra questline suggests that the Prime Naaru were created by Elune, meaning Elune pre-dates the existence of Azeroth and maybe even other titans
    Meaning that we know shit about our universe.

I probably would have seen it if it was already posted but in case it wasn't, but Ion was asked to give more information based on the datamined Kul Tiras leak in this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    No, I mean various things make it into builds. There's internal naming schemes but never trust datamining too much.
    So not admitting to anything but not denying it either while saying to not trust datamining too much. Hmm, they trained him well!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    she is not.

if it was elune the titans and the titanic constructs watching her wouldnt call her azeroth.
    elune doesnt need a speaker to communicate, azeroth does.
    elune can act on will, azeroth is a slumbering and getting plagued by nightmares and fears.

Formerly known as Arafal

I probably would have seen it if it was already posted but in case it wasn't, but Ion was asked to give more information based on the datamined Kul Tiras leak in this interview.

So not admitting to anything but not denying it either while saying to not trust datamining too much. Hmm, they trained him well!
    How did Ion respond to that question? I suspect he denied everything.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you posted a link of the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    How did Ion respond to that question? I suspect he denied everything.
    Link goes to the correct time index in the video, but I also added a quote of his reply in the post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Meaning that we know shit about our universe.
    Which in turn means there could be a million new and ancient things that we didn't even know existed!
    Amazing, isn't it?

On a side not, I just saw a post in a WoW Facebook group saying that if we had to wait for 10 months to get 3 zones in Argus (since it was announced at Blizzcon 2016 I assume) it means that we will have to wait for 17-20 months after the expansion gets announced if we want 5-6 zones. And then the post went on to hate on Legion.

I mean the math isn't wrong if that was the only factor that mattered (~3.3months per zone) I just can't believe that people will try and find some stupid reasoning like that to hate on Legion.

well, he's a lawyer. lawyer's are up there near politicians when it comes to skill at double speak.

Okay, I don't want to bring up all body language science crap, but the way he looks down at the ground after saying "I don't know anything about that" really suggests he just lied and was relieved he got away with it in a smooth way. I see people doing this exact thing all the time, and 3 times out of 4, I end up being right and those people were lying or hiding something.

EDIT: Same with this hands, not natural at all. I know Ion is very sweet and a bit "awkward"/anxious by nature, so I might be overreading into this, but I don't think I am. He did a good job pretending he didn't know sh*t though!

Link goes to the correct time index in the video, but I also added a quote of his reply in the post.
    Funny thing, right after that, Ion confirms that Jaina is not a Dreadlord

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people should really cut Ion some slack. He probably did half a dozen of those interviews the day before and on the day of the Blizz Ceremony. It was really obvious that on stage he was stressed out because he knew the reaction the dedicated community would have for no new expansion announcement.