So I posted about this but I believe my thread was deleted, eat while you can:

Hello, I work in animation and recently came into contact with someone who is doing 3D modeling for Blizz right now. Basically when Blizzard is putting an expansion together, they sign short contracts with artists to get the bulk of the work done. The contracts are usually up before the expansion launches and most artists aren't offered permanent jobs on the actual art team. In other words I'm getting my information from the outer circle, not the inner circle.

Pre-patch event involves Azshara attempting to capture Quel'Thalas and Darnassus due to both their vulnerability and history. Naga invasions will begin on Darkshore, Azshara, Teldrassil, Eversong Woods and the Isle of Quel'Danas. These invasions are meant to feel severe to "hook" players, so there will be a lot of bloodshed and dead fodder. New recurring naga characters will be introduced, and rewards include new underwater mounts.

Undermine
    The Horde's city is Steampunk themed with a dark color palette. Jokingly described as "Ironforge, but with water." Has idustrial features like Gnomeregan's flourescent lighting, elevators and alarm system. Where Gnomeregan prized innovation, Undermine revolves around money. The locals are mostly pickpockets and aspiring tycoons. Quests begin with Undermine goblins deceiving and stealing from players. Players earn their respect by becoming street-savvy and making money.

Kul Tiras
    The Alliance's capital is the opposite of the Undermine. Kul Tiras's color palette is summery, with splashes of soft blues and dark greens. Players arrive at the
    beginning of a bountiful harvest, and the natives are resentful about hosting them. The island nation is thriving, and residents worry the players will bring trouble like they did to Pandaria. Players earn their respect through feats of strength against the naga and Horde.

Leveling zones are disconnected like in Cataclysm, although this is meant to be "remedied" by scaling technology. When players get to choose their next zone rather than having it determined for them, they enjoy the exploration more. Players will revisit both 1K Needles and Stranglethorn Vale while leveling, although I don't know in what capacity this will be. Players will also visit many new zones, including:

Kezan - somewhere between Un'Goro Crater and the Echo Isles. You can see the beach from most anywhere in the zone, and the setting is very tropical. Huge deadly predators roam the island, and Kezan natives are reluctant to teach players how to survive here.

Plunder Isle - still under ideation, no color palette or general aesthetic locked in yet. Direction involves players fighting the Bloodsail Buccaneers and invading
    Bloodsail Hold, it's undecided whether this conflict should be resolved while leveling or through max level content.

Tel'Abim - though a small zone, uses two entirely separate palettes. Tel'Abim looks like any other island, and houses one of the expansion's few friendly races (unclear who). Quests here begin with physical labor to help the locals, but players eventually discover "dark forces" infesting the island (my personal expectation is old god stuff). The situation escalates until Tel'Abim is warped and shifts into its second color palette, which is mostly dark blues, dark greens and bright purples.

The Maelstrom - a group of small islands near the storm and the frontline of the war against the naga. The assails players with jarring visual effects and debuffs, while the naga draw power from it. Grays are heavily used, from the rocky terrain to the stormy weather. Like the prepatch event, fighting the naga here feels very intense.

Out of everything here I'm most excited about the new cities. I'm also worried about the fate of Plunder Isle, hoping it doesn't go unfinished like Azjol-Nerub or The Abyssal Maw.

I've posted this twice and it's been deleted both times, lol. Screenshotting this time to prove this one gets deleted too.

TL;DR since I've had to retype this intro several times. I work in animation, met someone who is on a short contract with Blizz to do 3D modeling for next expac. Here's what he's working on:

Pre-patch event involves Azshara attempting to capture Quel'Thalas and Darnassus due
    to both their vulnerability and history. Naga invasions will begin on Darkshore,
    Azshara, Teldrassil, Eversong Woods and the Isle of Quel'Danas. These invasions are
    meant to feel severe to "hook" players, so there will be a lot of bloodshed and dead
    fodder. New recurring naga characters will be introduced, and rewards include new
    underwater mounts.

Undermine
    The Horde's city is Steampunk themed with a dark color palette. Jokingly described as
    "Ironforge, but with water." Has idustrial features like Gnomeregan's flourescent
    lighting, elevators and alarm system. Where Gnomeregan prized innovation, Undermine
    revolves around money. The locals are mostly pickpockets and aspiring tycoons. Quests
    begin with Undermine goblins deceiving and stealing from players. Players
    earn their respect by becoming street-savvy and making money.

Kul Tiras
    The Alliance's capital is the opposite of the Undermine. Kul Tiras's color palette
    is summery, with splashes of soft blues and dark greens. Players arrive at the
    beginning of a bountiful harvest, and the natives are resentful about hosting them.
    The island nation is thriving, and residents worry the players will bring trouble like
    they did to Pandaria. Players earn their respect through feats of strength against
    the naga and Horde.

Leveling zones are disconnected like in Cataclysm, although this is meant to be
    "remedied" by scaling technology. When players get to choose their next zone rather
    than having it determined for them, they enjoy the exploration more. Players will
    revisit both 1K Needles and Stranglethorn Vale while leveling, although I don't know
    in what capacity this will be. Players will also visit many new zones, including:

Kezan - somewhere between Un'Goro Crater and the Echo Isles. You can see the beach
    from most anywhere in the zone, and the setting is very tropical. Huge deadly predators
    roam the island, and Kezan natives are reluctant to teach players how to survive here.

Plunder Isle - still under ideation, no color palette or general aesthetic locked in
    yet. Direction involves players fighting the Bloodsail Buccaneers and invading
    Bloodsail Hold, it's undecided whether this conflict should be resolved while leveling
    or through max level content.

Tel'Abim - though a small zone, uses two entirely separate palettes. Tel'Abim looks
    like any other island, and houses one of the expansion's few friendly races (unclear
    who). Quests here begin with physical labor to help the locals, but players eventually
    discover "dark forces" infesting the island (my personal expectation is old god stuff).
    The situation escalates until Tel'Abim is warped and shifts into its second color
    palette, which is mostly dark blues, dark greens and bright purples.

The Maelstrom - a group of small islands near the storm and the frontline of the war
    against the naga. The assails players with jarring visual effects and debuffs, while
    the naga draw power from it. Grays are heavily used, from the rocky terrain to the
    stormy weather. Like the prepatch event, fighting the naga here feels very intense

MOD NOTE: It wasn't deleted, see this post for explanation and link to thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46500589
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-07-13 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitty Scott View Post
    I've posted this twice and it's been deleted both times, lol. Screenshotting this time to prove this one gets deleted too.

TL;DR since I've had to retype this intro several times. I work in animation, met someone who is on a short contract with Blizz to do 3D modeling for next expac. Here's what he's working on:

Pre-patch event involves Azshara attempting to capture Quel'Thalas and Darnassus due
    to both their vulnerability and history. Naga invasions will begin on Darkshore,
    Azshara, Teldrassil, Eversong Woods and the Isle of Quel'Danas. These invasions are
    meant to feel severe to "hook" players, so there will be a lot of bloodshed and dead
    fodder. New recurring naga characters will be introduced, and rewards include new
    underwater mounts.

Undermine
    The Horde's city is Steampunk themed with a dark color palette. Jokingly described as
    "Ironforge, but with water." Has idustrial features like Gnomeregan's flourescent
    lighting, elevators and alarm system. Where Gnomeregan prized innovation, Undermine
    revolves around money. The locals are mostly pickpockets and aspiring tycoons. Quests
    begin with Undermine goblins deceiving and stealing from players. Players
    earn their respect by becoming street-savvy and making money.

Kul Tiras
    The Alliance's capital is the opposite of the Undermine. Kul Tiras's color palette
    is summery, with splashes of soft blues and dark greens. Players arrive at the
    beginning of a bountiful harvest, and the natives are resentful about hosting them.
    The island nation is thriving, and residents worry the players will bring trouble like
    they did to Pandaria. Players earn their respect through feats of strength against
    the naga and Horde.

Leveling zones are disconnected like in Cataclysm, although this is meant to be
    "remedied" by scaling technology. When players get to choose their next zone rather
    than having it determined for them, they enjoy the exploration more. Players will
    revisit both 1K Needles and Stranglethorn Vale while leveling, although I don't know
    in what capacity this will be. Players will also visit many new zones, including:

Kezan - somewhere between Un'Goro Crater and the Echo Isles. You can see the beach
    from most anywhere in the zone, and the setting is very tropical. Huge deadly predators
    roam the island, and Kezan natives are reluctant to teach players how to survive here.

Plunder Isle - still under ideation, no color palette or general aesthetic locked in
    yet. Direction involves players fighting the Bloodsail Buccaneers and invading
    Bloodsail Hold, it's undecided whether this conflict should be resolved while leveling
    or through max level content.

Tel'Abim - though a small zone, uses two entirely separate palettes. Tel'Abim looks
    like any other island, and houses one of the expansion's few friendly races (unclear
    who). Quests here begin with physical labor to help the locals, but players eventually
    discover "dark forces" infesting the island (my personal expectation is old god stuff).
    The situation escalates until Tel'Abim is warped and shifts into its second color
    palette, which is mostly dark blues, dark greens and bright purples.

The Maelstrom - a group of small islands near the storm and the frontline of the war
    against the naga. The assails players with jarring visual effects and debuffs, while
    the naga draw power from it. Grays are heavily used, from the rocky terrain to the
    stormy weather. Like the prepatch event, fighting the naga here feels very intense
    I want to believe this, especially due to the fact that it's awfully specific about the colour palettes and would be consistent with the fact it came from someone working in the art/modeling section. However, I know better... I'll remain heavily skeptical.

Your "leak" is horseshit. In countless interviews post-Cataclysm, Blizzard representatives have stated that they'll never do another disjointed expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I want to believe this, especially due to the fact that it's awfully specific about the colour palettes and would be consistent with the fact it came from someone working in the art/modeling section. However, I know better... I'll remain heavily skeptical.
    Yeah, I don't buy it, especially after seeing the tendrils on the Kul Tiras clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Your "leak" is horseshit. In countless interviews post-Cataclysm, Blizzard representatives have stated that they'll never do another disjointed expansion.
    Disjointed could work in the south seas if they gave us ships but not if it's like Cataclysm because that shit was outright trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy it, especially after seeing the tendrils on the Kul Tiras clothing.
    Well, if it's focusing on nagas there is a huge chance Old Golds will be involved as well. Uuuuuugh give us more clues Blizzaaaaaaard!

7+ Year Old Account

underwater mounts.

i hope you are a dirty liar, first, it seems a bit strange for Azshara attempting to capture quel'thalas and darnassus, when she is so far away for then

second nagas as only playable race is stupid

third, i can't stand another expansion over focused on elves, dear god, i prefer kill myself

an undermine? what happened with zandalar LOL, no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i hope you are a dirty liar, first, it seems a bit strange for Azshara attempting to capture quel'thalas and darnassus, when she is so far away for then

second nagas as only playable race is stupid

third, i can't stand another expansion over focused on elves, dear god, i prefer kill myself

an undermine? what happened with zandalar LOL, no thanks
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense for them to launch an attack on Darnassus in particular, that attack would fail in a blink of an eye as the only way for them to get up there is through the portal, they would literally be slaughtered in their tracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There's several things you can be referring to, but you probably mean the CASC filesystem. Pretty huge change indeed, biggest backend change WoW has ever seen. I'm expecting some changes in 8.0 relating to other systems, but we'll see if any more hints pop up before I speculate more on those.

8.0 will also challenge dataminers a bit more as they've been taking out more and more filenames every major patch which makes it a bit harder for us, 8.0 will probably continue with this trend. For example, we wouldn't have found those Kul Tiras items if it weren't for the icons still having filenames. If those filenames were to go away (which is unlikely, but still) we wouldn't have known it was even Kul Tiras related and might not have picked up on it at all. The datamining community is coming together in this regard though (even rivals!), sharing filenames with each other and developing tools to guess filenames. It's pretty neat and I can ramble on for years but I should probably go sleep.
    Nah not talking about File system, I'm talking about Team System. Like their is a design system where you use sticky notes or something. God I wish I knew the name for it. Slack comes to mind, but I don't think that is right. I remember all the Blizzard teams are using this new system while the WoW team was the only one behind & not transitioned yet.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW team is WAY different than it was post-Cataclysm bud.

The city descriptions seem reasonable.

Everything else seems somewhat suspect. We already know where Kezan is, and it doesn't have a nice beach, it was largely poluted by goblins and the last we saw of it, just a few years ago, was in the middle of eruption. It wasn't tropical at all, in fact, it was a direct opposite of the Lost Isles, which were very tropical and had huge deadly predators roaming the island.

Plunder isle makes sense I guess, but I'm not sure I buy a modern leveling zone that is just built on the idea of fighting pirates. But I guess it could be done well, probably the most reasonable thing.

It's a bit odd that every zone you're describing has the same identical questing progression, "The locals don't like you and then you earn their respect by doing quests". It's not that this is an unheard of formula--but I really can't see it happening in every single zone. Even MoP, where it was a key feature, just had it as the focus of Jade Forest, after you leave, people are pretty willing to just get along with you or already know you're somewhat helpful and are willing to ask you to fight. Questing has only gotten better with every expansion (one of the few things I think most people can agree has continually improved) and what you're describing sounds like a massive downstep in terms of creativity. I'm not sure I buy it.

The group of islands at the maelstrom are home to the Shaman class hall, and have been seen on numerous occasion. Unless a ton of large islands are being raised a decent hop away--but you'd think that would be a pretty major detail that you'd have provided or your source would have mentioned if they were going to leak all of this to someone they just met anyway.

Also, how on earth are Teldrassil and Quel'thalas vulnerable and historic (to Azshara)? Teldrassil is at the top of a massive tree so big you'd have an easier time assaulting the Stormwind Harbor than seriously damaging it. Quel'thalas is on the other side of, and right near the Forsaken capital (the Horde's main Naval power), and is largely land-locked by mountainous coasts. Both were created AFTER Azshara fell.

Why would she not try to capture Azshara, the zone named after her, with a large Naga presence, a built in bay with large portions of beach to advance onto--and the location of one of the larger of the ancient cities of her empire? Which is also actually close to her HQ, rather than on the other side of a continent?

And like previous leaks, I have to wonder about an expansion sole composed of fairly minor islands. The quests your describing sound more like the secondary quests you'd find in a zone, rather than the main points of a zone. I also have to wonder about an artist just mouthing off to someone they recently met about the expansion. I happen to know first hand that Blizzard is being very, very hardcore about keeping things under lock right now leading up to this years Blizzcon, because it's allegedly going to be a big one.

But still, probably the most realistic leak so far, given the details. Rather than general information.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Nah not talking about File system, I'm talking about Team System. Like their is a design system where you use sticky notes or something. God I wish I knew the name for it. Slack comes to mind, but I don't think that is right. I remember all the Blizzard teams are using this new system while the WoW team was the only one behind & not transitioned yet.
    Do you mean Scrum? I think they've been using that for a while. I do remember something about them transitioning to Git internally though, but I'm not sure how long ago/trustworthy that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your threads weren't deleted as such, but they ended up in the moderation queue, where threads disappear to when the forum software thinks it might be spam. It happens to low post count accounts at times who do not post spam, but get caught accidentily.

I approved one of the threads and deleted the other 2 you tried to post, it's over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-is-leaking

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The WoW team is WAY different than it was post-Cataclysm bud.
    Cool story! Ion runs the WoW development team, and he has stated the same thing. However, keep the dream alive!

** Pink Ponies, Sharks With Lasers, Zandalar, Kezan, Playable Naga, Kul Tiras, Garrison Ships, Pew... Pew... , Pirates... Did I Neglect The Pirates... ? South Seas Fan-Fiction... Hoooooooo !!! **

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story! Ion runs the WoW development team, and he has stated the same thing. However, keep the dream alive!

** Pink Ponies, Sharks With Lasers, Zandalar, Kezan, Playable Naga, Kul Tiras, Garrison Ships, Pew... Pew... , Pirates... Did I Neglect The Pirates... ? South Seas Fan-Fiction... Hoooooooo !!! **
    Could you not, it's getting annoying.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean Scrum? I think they've been using that for a while. I do remember something about them transitioning to Git internally though, but I'm not sure how long ago/trustworthy that was.
    That is it, Yes!. I'm wondering if their finally using Git now instead of Scrum. Cause it if so it seems to be paying off.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is it, Yes!. I'm wondering if their finally using Git now instead of Scrum. Cause it if so it seems to be paying off.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git

I assume you mean this, right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git

I assume you mean this, right?
    *Nods, yes

Scrum is the method, Git is where stuff is stored. Why not both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrum is the method, Git is where stuff is stored. Why not both?
    Sounds like a good idea .