Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    With what though? Zul Dare and Crestfall are miniscule
    The Broken Isle were just a bunch of Night Elf Ruins before Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a sneaking suspicion that LFR will be removed in the next expansion. That could just be my hopes and dreams talking though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With what though? Zul Dare and Crestfall are miniscule--even if Kul Tiras was blown up to continent size, they would be like, slightly smaller than Timeless Isle. If Kul Tiras is left as a zone, they'd be small islands off the coast, like the ones in Townlong. Moving any close to the other large Islands (Kezan, Zandalar, etc) would put it farther and farther from the last prison.
    My guess is Blizz WILL do some blowing up, and some just plain making shit up, just like they did with the Broken Isles.

Also remember they said back in Cata that Kul'tiras had drifted out to sea. So it's entirely possible it settled near some other islands out there that it didn't have originally.

If I were to join the 90% of statistics that are made up on the spot, let's say the expansion is like 40% stuff we already know about Kul'tiras, 60% stuff Blizz made up while working on the expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that LFR will be removed in the next expansion. That could just be my hopes and dreams talking though.
    Lol they will never remove LFR, and they never should. Raids compromise most of the games design budget and shouldn't be only visible to a select few. Who cares if people get to tour them in an easier run, they don't get the same loot or rewards as people who play it normally.

5+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=JainaKulTirasBlizzCon;47636761]Not sure if related at all, but influential community members seem to be getting invites to a Halloween party at Blizzard, called Villaincon.

Could be or could be them honestly giving back to them and partying with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Couldn't we see a South Seas expansion with Kul'Tiras as a Garrison-style hub? Using Vindicaar mechanics to island-hop and plotting the South Seas campaign from Kul'Tiras?
    Yes.... and no.

Yes the concept is sound, but no that doesn't work if Kul'tiras is expansion name.

As Kul'tiras, again, is run by one Jaina Proudmoore. You know, the crazy lady who tried no less than four times to screw over the Horde after Theramore got the bomb?

[QUOTE=Thatch Rackham;47636792]
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Not sure if related at all, but influential community members seem to be getting invites to a Halloween party at Blizzard, called Villaincon.

Could be or could be them honestly giving back to them and partying with them
    The invitations and themes are sinister. They're rounding up community members who data mine and lead negative opinions on Blizzard content.

It's obvious they're going to kill them James Bond villain style.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    The Broken Isle were just a bunch of Night Elf Ruins before Legion.
    Right, because they put an entire continent next to the ruins that Gul'Dan raised. My point was that the two secondary islands have a fixed proportion to Kul Tiras. If Kul tiras is the entire continent they will be small subzones like the islands in Tonwlong or smaller Timeless isles. If Kul Tiras isn't expanded to a continent, and stays a zone as is appropriate to its lore--those secondary islands are going to be, for lack of a better comparison roughly the size of the Echo Isles as compared to Durotar, or Jaguero Isle as it compares to STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Couldn't we see a South Seas expansion with Kul'Tiras as a Garrison-style hub? Using Vindicaar mechanics to island-hop and plotting the South Seas campaign from Kul'Tiras?
    Yes. That has always been my opinion on the whole situation, and the one I think is the most appropriate to Lore. Kul Tiras is the right size and lore value to be a home base with some intro questing/dailies/order hall stuff. And then the expansion itself, leveling zones, etc will take place somewhere in, under or around the ocean.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-19 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, because they put an entire continent next to the ruins that Gul'Dan raised. My point was that the two secondary islands have a fixed proportion to Kul Tiras. If Kul tiras is the entire continent they will be small subzones like the islands in Tonwlong or smaller Timeless isles. If Kul Tiras isn't expanded to a continent, and stays a zone as is appropriate to its lore--those secondary islands are going to be, for lack of a better comparison roughly the size of the Echo Isles as compared to Durotar, or Jaguero Isle as it compares to STV.
    I mean we just have had a long discussion on if the Legion was always the Legion or if Space Ships were a BC invention.

Do you think Blizz cares for things like lore?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've NEVER seen Kul'tiras in a canon setting, right? Like the only time we've gotten more than mentions that it exists was the RPG Book which Blizz declared non-canon back around the time they were working on MoP.

[QUOTE=KayRule;47636799]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post

The invitations and themes are sinister. They're rounding up community members who data mine and lead negative opinions on Blizzard content.

It's obvious they're going to kill them James Bond villain style.
    I'm more thinking Arya at the Towers style.

Deleted
    So I was watching this discussion video on youtube by Thetegaming called mailbox or something, I think it was his latest, and he said that he said he knew someone with inside information. Apparently one of the leaks in the last days that is true, but this insider wouldn't say which one.
    This youtuber doesn't feel like someone who would bullshit people but who knows.
    I think it was said in the first 10 minutes of the video if you want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've NEVER seen Kul'tiras in a canon setting, right? Like the only time we've gotten more than mentions that it exists was the RPG Book which Blizz declared non-canon back around the time they were working on MoP.
    Warcraft 2

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhre View Post
    So I was watching this discussion video on youtube by Thetegaming called mailbox or something, I think it was his latest, and he said that he said he knew someone with inside information. Apparently one of the leaks in the last days that is true, but this insider wouldn't say which one.
    This youtuber doesn't feel like someone who would bullshit people but who knows.
    I think it was said in the first 10 minutes of the video if you want to check it out.
    yet he probably is making it up, you cant believe Youtubers trust me I was one

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 2
    So we did, what do you know, even the raging dog finds a cookie now and then! Quick, to the analysis!

I mean we just have had a long discussion on if the Legion was always the Legion or if Space Ships were a BC invention.

Do you think Blizz cares for things like lore?

Seen in what context?

This is the RPG map of Lordaeron where it appears:

Chronicle kept the size of Crestfall and Zul Dare as they compare to Kul Tiras, but made KT even smaller than it initially was:

It also keeps the shape. Considering when Chronicle was released they almost certainly had this expansion already concepted and undergoing early development, so if they were going to do major scaling and shape changes they could have easily done them with that map. I think it's safe to say that ZD and Cresftall are that big in relation to KT and that KT is basically that shape and size--which is tiny... you can see that the entire island isn't much bigger than the lake/reservoir/whatever that Gilneas City sits in.

The WC2 map is realistically so out of wack with everything else in size and shape that it isn't very useful, but you can see it (here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's interesting, then. Not quoting because I'd have to purge the images. That looks about the size of a zone, assuming they don't pull BS Broken Isles magic and claim that that is actually 6 zones.

Also I found an image from the WC2 map "Assault on Kul'tiras." Comparing it to the map on the armor I may have found something.

Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal actually. People seem to forget that Ner'zhul, Guldan, and all this shit started in WC2.

Also messed up, Dentarg is the only Hero from WC2 who doesn't show up ever in WoW.
    And there were no spaceships in WCII, and the BL was merely background filler. For crying out loud, the Eredar/Draenei were originally written in as demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The shitstorm on the forums would be LEGENDARY!

Yes.... and no.

Yes the concept is sound, but no that doesn't work if Kul'tiras is expansion name.

As Kul'tiras, again, is run by one Jaina Proudmoore. You know, the crazy lady who tried no less than four times to screw over the Horde after Theramore got the bomb?
    Kul Tiras isn't a hereditary monarchy, so there's no reason to suspect that Jaina is in-charge.

Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal actually. People seem to forget that Ner'zhul, Guldan, and all this shit started in WC2.

Also messed up, Dentarg is the only Hero from WC2 who doesn't show up ever in WoW.
    The Dentarg from the Alternature Universe shows up during WoD as part of the legendary ring questline. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dentarg_(alternate) Probably the closest we'll get to the real one though since iirc he was killed by khadgar.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I may have found something here.

So yeah, I found this map while looking up Kul'tiras in WC2. Tried playing the overlay game with the map on the armor and I may have made it fit decently well.

The coastline fits with the bottom-right, there's some jankyness on the left, and also the river on the RTS' map lines up with a river on the armor map.