Deleted
    So yeah as the thread itself proves, no matter how they implement subraces it will be a shit show.

The only balanced way to implement it is to give each race a void infested variant.

But if that happens there will be an uproar that Mag'har and Broken aren't playable. Those two are likely the biggest reason people want subraces.

Nah, the only safe thing to do is to simply add more customization option to races in general. Or add class specific customization like with the Demon Hunters.

Hello everyone,

first sorry for my english, I´m not a native english speaker.
    Second, it´s my first post so please be nice

I´m playing WoW since release and every Warcraft game before, so I´m really excitet for everything with the Lore.

I´m following this Speculation threats everytime a new expansion is about to release and love to speculate by myself.

I´ve got some ideas since the Kul´Tiras Armour "Leak" on the first page and I´m disscused it with my guildmates and I´m really shure something like this will happen.

So here are my 2 cent.

Story:

Jaina will be one of the central parts of the Expansion (OK thats for shure with the Artwork for Blizzcon) I think she will Lead the Alliance forces in the upcoming War against the Horde, the Naga and the Old gods.
    Horde Players will be led by the Loa/ghost of Vol´Jin or some other Troll, who is Vol´jins chosen One.

War between Horde and Alliance is a big thing this expansion, with Sylvanas and Genn pushing it forward and Jaina driving Anduin on to be more agressive. But of course it´s Anduin he won´t go full rampage against the Horde.

Continent:

Starting experiance is split for both factions. Alliance is Leveling through Kul´Tiras in the first half, horde will do same on Zandalar. In the middle of the Leveling process you settle over to the "enemy Island". Alliance to zandalar, Horde to Kul Tiras.

After that both Factions will going to Dragon Isle as Max level Zone, similar to Suramar.

Both "Starting" Islands had mlutiple Zones for questing with scaling.

New Race:

Vrykul for both! (but not like you might think )

let me explain why this.
    In an AddOn with islands, Sea and ships, I think it´s a good time to introduce a race wich is heavily relatet to Vikings, which were a seafaring people.

After Helyas death, the Vrykul of Stormheim fighting more then ever. the Helayar (Helyas people) fight against the Valayar (Odyns people) [Sorry for eventual wrong names in lack of translation].
    Both share the same starting Area. At the end the Helayar join the the Horde, because they see Sylvanas as legit successor to Helya. When Odyn noticed that he tells his Valayar to join the Alliance.

Features:

Ships! We will get a ship similar to a mash up between the Vindikaar and our Order Hall, were we can recruit a Crew.
    With this crew we can go to little Scenarios where we can get some stuff like crew equipment, ship resources and the new "artifact currency".

There will be some kind of artifact progression like in Legion, but you won´t get a Weapon or something. "Path of the Titans" will get his chance.
    You will be able to buff some of your skills but not so much like you did it in Legion.

That were just my thoughts, which I had for some Weeks/ month now, and I had to let them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Serious question - lorewise, are there more half high/blood elves, or Horde-aligned Huojin Pandaren?
    I'd say Houjin Pandaren. Half-elves are extremely rare in Warcraft canon. Alodi and the three Windrunner kids are only ones known.

Kalecgos' humanoid form is Half-elf but he is dragon and could change that form at will. Him choosing half-elf does mean that there must be more than the four mentioned above.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So yeah as the thread itself proves, no matter how they implement subraces it will be a shit show.

The only balanced way to implement it is to give each race a void infested variant.

But if that happens there will be an uproar that Mag'har and Broken aren't playable. Those two are likely the biggest reason people want subraces.

Nah, the only safe thing to do is to simply add more customization option to races in general. Or add class specific customization like with the Demon Hunters.
    13 races x 11 classes x 3 parts (skin/horns/tats/something) x 4 options (per part) = 1,716 individual new pieces of artwork and modeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    13 races x 11 classes x 3 parts (skin/horns/tats/something) x 4 options (per part) = 1,716 individual new pieces of artwork and modeling.
    Well time to get to it then

Nah just joking. It doesn't have to be that detailed for every class like DH but maybe a few class specific accessories or hair styles.

But seriously. Every self respecting MMO has more hairstyles than wow has customization options

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    I will be deeply saddened when this thread ends. Lol
    So goes the cycle my child. The 8.0 speculation thread will eventually become the Beta thread and will fade in the mists when the new expansion is released. And, when the time is right, the 9.0 thread will rise from the ashes perpetuating the cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    the 9.0 thread will rise from the ashes perpetuating the cycle.
    And this is going to be my first post there.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    at least jaina cosplay chick is hot...
    link or didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This amused me. Welcome back to the brotherhood, Shadochi, master of the Shitty Leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So goes the cycle my child. The 8.0 speculation thread will eventually become the Beta thread and will fade in the mists when the new expansion is released. And, when the time is right, the 9.0 thread will rise from the ashes perpetuating the cycle.
    Lmao exactly
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    The cycle must continue. Nobody can stop the Reapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the speculation is more fun than the actual product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I've been following this crap for a very long time. My experience tells me that we should trust the datamining. In-game clues only tell us that at some point in the future, we'll see x and y. But the datamining of the Kul Tiras quest gear, the raptor and the horse are really what we ought to be looking at.

In my view, the two most likely scenarios right now are these:

• Oceans
    • Northrend

In either of these, we'll likely see dragons and the void involved somehow. There may or may not be a world revamp. But it's probably far too early to go all in on the void themes. I'm thinking 8.0 is about oceans, 9.0 involves Northrend, and 10.0 is all in on the Void. This follows the MoP -> WoD -> Legion theme of a slow setup, a build-up with a revamp of an old fan favourite continent, and a finale which goes 110% and then doubles it.
    I think we see both scenarios in this expansion, just like we see Broken Isles + Argus in Legion. "Oceans" more Old Gods oriented and Northrend to lead us from Old Gods to Void themes.

• Oceans
    All the datamined files lead us there: Azshara, N'zoth... Jaina but we don't have yet all the information to link the dots...

• Northrend

Sylvanas, the Aspects, Chromie scenario, Odyn and the Titans keepers of Ulduar, Old gods and Ethereum are all things related to Northrend...

Sylvana's plot lead us in Northrend for "life/death theme": that means Shadowland + Odyn but this involve even Bolvar. Also, Sylvana's echos was linked to Alexstrasza in the "End of Time" dungeon (just like Tyrande was to Ysera and Jain with Blue dragonshrine). There is even a link between Dragons and the "undead". Infact, the not-living created by Galakrond was the first form of undead threat that Azeroth has faced and now, thanks to Xal'atath whispers, we know Galakrond was corrupted by Old Gods.

Also, in Legion we discover that the Ethereums got access to the Nexus where they try to became a Void army using the surge needles to bore into the Twisting Nether and call up void energies. Azuregos now is into the Nexus to protect it but, we dont know why Azuregos was there and if he could be corrupted.
    So, in Cordarra, there are all the tools for drag void energy from Twisting Nether to Azeroth.

There are materials for more than one expansion, but we was think the same about Emerald Nightmare/Legion and Argus.. and we got all of that in just expansion.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Subraces were re-re-re-re-re-revisited, as well as the K'Aresh screenshot. Pretty much it.
    Thank you!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Most of the time the speculation is more fun than the actual product.
    Here, I fixed it for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Neat thought: What was Sylvanas's bargain with Helya? We know she got the lantern, and the ability to leave Helheim, but what did it cost Sylvie?

I kinda like the idea that she's -replacing- Helya, now that Helya's dead. And we'll see the Kvaldir become -her- cursed servants in the next few expansions...

Not explicitly as a PC race, mind you, but as guards in Undercity and such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    The cycle must continue. Nobody can stop the Reapers.
    If this was posted a couple months back I wouldn't've understood the reference. Played through it recently, really a great trilogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I think we see both scenarios in this expansion, just like we see Broken Isles + Argus in Legion. "Oceans" more Old Gods oriented and Northrend to lead us from Old Gods to Void themes.

• Oceans
    All the datamined files lead us there: Azshara, N'zoth... Jaina but we don't have yet all the information to link the dots...

• Northrend

Sylvanas, the Aspects, Chromie scenario, Odyn and the Titans keepers of Ulduar, Old gods and Ethereum are all things related to Northrend...

Sylvana's plot lead us in Northrend for "life/death theme": that means Shadowland + Odyn but this involve even Bolvar. Also, Sylvana's echos was linked to Alexstrasza in the "End of Time" dungeon (just like Tyrande was to Ysera and Jain with Blue dragonshrine). There is even a link between Dragons and the "undead". Infact, the not-living created by Galakrond was the first form of undead threat that Azeroth has faced and now, thanks to Xal'atath whispers, we know Galakrond was corrupted by Old Gods.

Also, in Legion we discover that the Ethereums got access to the Nexus where they try to became a Void army using the surge needles to bore into the Twisting Nether and call up void energies. Azuregos now is into the Nexus to protect it but, we dont know why Azuregos was there and if he could be corrupted.
    So, in Cordarra, there are all the tools for drag void energy from Twisting Nether to Azeroth.

There are materials for more than one expansion, but we was think the same about Emerald Nightmare/Legion and Argus.. and we got all of that in just expansion.
    Actually Ocean and Northrend might not be mutually exclusive. It all depends on what segment of the ocean is explorable. We could reach an island just south or Northrend proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I kinda like the idea that she's -replacing- Helya, now that Helya's dead. And we'll see the Kvaldir become -her- cursed servants in the next few expansions...

Not explicitly as a PC race, mind you, but as guards in Undercity and such.
    No no, why not? Horde could get Kvaldir, while Alliance gets Vrykul.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    This amused me. Welcome back to the brotherhood, Shadochi, master of the Shitty Leaks.
    I once again pledge my allegiance to the Shaggy Parrot, may I not steer of the path of righteousness again(until next weeks shitty leak).