The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    ... Hadn't they pretty much owned almost half of Dire Maul?
    True. And even then they're painted as so dumb it's a wonder they control 1/3rd of it. Considering you fool them with a costume made of locally-found parts, and their government is basically "you kill boss, you da boss."

Also don't get me started on Ogres outside Dire Maul. They get dumber the farther from Dire Maul you get.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ogre thing is still cannon, Chronicles Vol 2 is sourced as talking about their seafaring ways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    True. And even then they're painted as so dumb it's a wonder they control 1/3rd of it. Considering you fool them with a costume made of locally-found parts, and their government is basically "you kill boss, you da boss."

Also don't get me started on Ogres outside Dire Maul. They get dumber the farther from Dire Maul you get.
    It's still a lot better system of government than to give out supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at them.

Expanding on the drowned horse theory I was thinking that there could be new followers of N'zoth who use a theme we have seen this expansion. Helya got her powers from somewhere and its implied from N'zoth who is the God of the Deep. I could see them carrying forward that drowned/undeath theme into the next expac. Coincidentally that would also be a reason Sylvanas may be drawn to the next expansion area since her plan in Stormheim got ruined.

5+ Year Old Account
    So based on the newly datamined Zandalari armor, parrot, horse, and raptor, here is my current prediction for the next expansion:

We'll head to the South Seas after Silithus chasing Azshara, who has stolen the blood of either a Titan or an Old God and intends to use it to feed N'Zoth to empower him, significantly. When we get there, we find that the Kul'Tiras are behind Jaina 100% and refuse to allow the Horde to land on their shores, threatening to kill them should they dare. Still seeking to chase down Azshara, we learn that Sylvanas's bargain with Helya was, in fact, to take her place as the guardian of the Dishonored Dead (Helya thought it would be a way to free herself from Helheim, but we ganked her, instead). Sylvanas uses her increased power over Ghosts and the Dead to bring Vol'jin's spirit back from the beyond and uses him to convince the Zandalari to accept the Horde as their only saviors against the Naga. They did say that Vol'jin's story isn't at an end, and it would be a way to bring him back. Alternatively it'll turn out that he did go Loa and has been working on getting the Zandalari to help the Horde since his death.

Kul'Tiras allows the Alliance forces to land and use the island as a base of operations, the Horde begins cutting trees in Zandalar to build their own base, and both seek to fight against Azshara and her followers on the various isles in the South Seas. Most of whom require our immediate aid against the Faceless and Naga, plus their Murloc slaves. Along the way we do battle with various members of Azshara's forces who are powerful entities in their own right and may or may not have been empowered with the Titanblood. We'll fight them from Plunder Isle to Hiji and back again, while probably doing the occasional peek at older Azeroth Zones updated with WQ phasing to allow for new encounters and such.

Once Genn Greymane learns of the dark bargain that Sylvanas struck (One that nets her power whether it succeeds or fails) he convinces Jaina (Like she needs convincing) to help him fight against Sylvanas, whom he imagines to be a Lich Queen figure now that she's empowered like she is. This rekindles the faction war a bit more strongly than in Legion, and he'll make heavy use of Sky Admiral Rogers since she is willing to commit War Crimes against the Horde. We'll probably see faction-specific scenarios that have us fighting against Rogers or Crowley for the Horde and Blightcaller for the Alliance. We might even be allowed to -kill- them, this time. I'm gonna go ahead and say outside chance of faction-specific dungeons.

The fighting between Sylvanas, who isn't going to dive into the evil end of the morality pool just yet, and Greymane, who will probably teeter on the edge of it like he's hunting Moby Dick, will escalate and in the end it'll be the people around them who suffer. Blightcaller will probably die. Rogers, almost definitely. Outside chance of Crowley.

Eventually we'll fight against Azshara and be too late because she had time to empower N'zoth, whom we must kill before the end of the Expansion because the super-awesome titansblood from Azeroth, the most powerful titan of them all, is going to elevate him from Old God into Void Lord (Maybe).

Speculation... but I'm hoping.

... also playable naga 'cause I still want that. I'm pretty sure we won't get it and might get updated models/customization but... damn. I'd like that.

Tones of people probably know whats coming, but no leak? Why do i have this feeling we're not getting an expansion announcement. there hasn't been a single legit leak. After seeing diablo 3 get screwed i worry for wow.

One thing I am really curious about with this is like...
    How is this going to follow up on what we know happens at the end of Antorus when that won't have happened yet in the game by Blizzcon?
    Are they going to say "This will have spoilers for the upcoming patch!"? Just try to vaguely reference it? Just not mention the giant sword fragment now embedded in the side of Azeroth at all?
    Will be interesting to see how they cope with that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Ogre thing is still cannon, Chronicles Vol 2 is sourced as talking about their seafaring ways.
    Yep, pretty much this...

Oh, and another thing about the government system that Slowpoke touched on! Thrall gave away Warchief to Garrosh, let that sink in for a moment before you call the ogre's system stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Tones of people probably know whats coming, but no leak? Why do i have this feeling we're not getting an expansion announcement. there hasnt been a single legit leak.
    There was no legit leak for Legion until what, a few days beforehand?

Beta servers got an 8.0 update, and Ion said that they'll announce the future of WoW at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    After so long, version 17 of the HYPE TRAIN!

[/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    One thing I am really curious about with this is like...
    How is this going to follow up on what we know happens at the end of Antorus when that won't have happened yet in the game by Blizzcon?
    Are they going to say "This will have spoilers for the upcoming patch!"? Just try to vaguely reference it? Just not mention the giant sword fragment now embedded in the side of Azeroth at all?
    Will be interesting to see how they cope with that :P
    Judging on how the Sargeras shirt said exactly what he does in the cinematic, my guess is they aren't going to care at Bizzcon and just outright show us the sword.

Just not tell us about Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Tones of people probably know whats coming, but no leak? Why do i have this feeling we're not getting an expansion announcement. there hasn't been a single legit leak. After seeing diablo 3 get screwed i worry for wow.
    I would say that a nautical ghost horse and a raptor are pretty sizeable leaks.

Where is the parrot leaked? And the zandalari armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Yep, pretty much this...

Oh, and another thing about the government system that Slowpoke touched on! Thrall gave away Warchief to Garrosh, let that sink in for a moment before you call the ogre's system stupid.
    Well it's not like the Horde as a whole(Old Horde before Thrall's Horde) was the best at governing themselves. Regardless, I still want Ogres for Horde SOMETIME in WoW's future.

If we do get ships as a Garrison/Order Hall esque feature. Blizzard better not waste an opportunity to give Ogres time to shine with their Juggernaut ship(And I'm an Alliance player/fan)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well it's not like the Horde as a whole(Old Horde before Thrall's Horde) was the best at governing themselves. Regardless, I still want Ogres for Horde SOMETIME in WoW's future.

If we do get ships as a Garrison/Order Hall esque feature. Blizzard better not waste an opportunity to give Ogres time to shine with their Juggernaut ship(And I'm an Alliance player/fan)
    It wouldn't exactly be difficult for them to write in another ogre society on an island somewhere that is more like the ogres in Draenor, more competent and such.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If this is still canon, then WoW has massively dropped the ball on Ogres.

WoW painted Ogres as dumb brutes who live in caves and possibly eat their own excrement. Unless they're born with two heads, then they're an insane mage.

- - - Updated - - -

......... This..... could actually justify Ghost Pirates.
    It IS canon, Chronicle 2 , page 151 : The juggernaughts were built with the help of the ogres for the orcs were not a seafaring people

https://books.google.nl/books?id=tst...people&f=false

Apparently the ship in deadmines is a First-War juggernaught.

Second war ogre juggernaught still were used in the horde, along with (Forest)-Troll Destroyers. In Warcraft 3 we still see Juggernaughts.

Orcs probably just improved them eventually, and later built their own style of ships and airships.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-21 at 12:05 AM.

Didn't they just make an island named Ogrezonia canon? People assumed it was a joke, but forgot that Ogres are a humorous race.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It IS canon, Chronicle 2 , page 151 :

https://books.google.nl/books?id=tst...people&f=false
    The ogres shall rise again, lads!

Haha, hopefully... Maybe not though.

But it's possible!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Didn't they just make an island named Ogrezonia canon? People assumed it was a joke, but forgot that Ogres are a humorous race.
    Yeah, it was mentioned in a quest, island of mostly/only female ogres. If I recall correctly.

They could make Kul'tiras people a race if they were significantly altered enough (like actual ghost monsters or skeletons to go with Ogres), but at the moment the Alliance is lacking in a faction-specific naval race.

WTB something like this. Have to sail in-between the islands. Flight paths only work from and to the mainland and within each zone.